Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #1
Screaminz2002

Drives: 2018 Zl1
Door Locks not working intermittently

Searched the forums for this and found a malfunctioning module or some type of interference. Short story is lights and everything functioned normally but the locks would not work by fob, touch, or button. Drove it home and still didnt work when I tried to lock it. Got up this morning and everything is fine. Called the dealer and they said all they can do is take a look. I have been down this road where you get it back with sorry it's working now. They couldn't tell me if this would throw any type of code or anything. Does anyone know if it would? Gut says no and I would be wasting my time until it;s actually not working again. It's such a pain to leave it when it's your DD.
Screaminz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:37 AM   #2
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
Intermittent problems can be the worst. Most likely some bs corrosion on a connector or other loose connection issue. By corrosion ,I don't mean much , doesn't take much. Fix can sometimes be as simple as pulling a connection loose & reconnecting.
I'd guess to say the first thing to diy check would be to see what relays may be used to operate locks . pull out & reinsert. Same with any related fuses..
This is just a general electrical statement from experience. Not sure exactly what components your car has. Most modern cars these days have more complicated parts such as body control module, but generally can still be stupid simple crap causing the issue.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:09 AM   #3
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
Intermittent problems can be the worst. Most likely some bs corrosion on a connector or other loose connection issue. By corrosion ,I don't mean much , doesn't take much. Fix can sometimes be as simple as pulling a connection loose & reconnecting.
I'd guess to say the first thing to diy check would be to see what relays may be used to operate locks . pull out & reinsert. Same with any related fuses..
This is just a general electrical statement from experience. Not sure exactly what components your car has. Most modern cars these days have more complicated parts such as body control module, but generally can still be stupid simple crap causing the issue.
Sort of what jlcustomz says.

I had an issue with the driver side door not locking with the button on the handle when I first got the car (a brand new car...WTF). So, I took it to the dealership and they found a loose connector in the door. I haven't had any problems since.
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:53 AM   #4
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
I'm not sure if it's the same issue but I just dealt with a door issue like this. Turned out to be the door wiring harness rubbed through. See my Thread below, hope it helps.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562155
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #5
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
I gave a sort of type of comment. Since you said locks, not lock, assuming you meant both, I figured something that controlled the whole system would be a starting point where as one lock only narrows things down a lot & changes the starting point of inspection.
Even for a professional , it's about symptom info & process of elimination. Still though, many professionals (so called) may let's say change a fuel pump out for nothing before thoroughly inspecting for issues upline from it.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote