Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 10-16-2019, 10:18 PM   #1
Yenkocrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Any 1LE with a sunroof ?

Looking to see what the seat height looks like with a Recaro seat and a sunroof. Currently, have a non-1le with a Sparco seat solid mounted. Still, have some helmet cleance issue and can't go any lower. Also can move any further forward on the clutch, she's a bit of a reach.

Might swap in a Recaro driver's seat if the cushion to roof clearance is similar to the solid Sparco.
Yenkocrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:21 PM   #2
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Yes. Now, I like my sports-car seats to go as low as possible. I'm 5'11" and have inches of headroom...but, I notice that most people tend to jack seats up as high as they will go. I know not the reason for this, but it's annoying as hell when I get in work vehicles. A lot of people also "don't get" that the sports-car seats are suppose to be reclined more, not laying on your back, but not like the nearly vertical of my honda pilot.

The sunroof does cost a bit of headroom. It makes it feel more airy and open IMO, which is why I got it, in addition to being able to open, some days it's perfect without opening the windows.

If I can remember, I can maybe try to post a picture in it with a helmet on.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:56 PM   #3
Yenkocrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
That would be awesome. I'm 5'11 as well and with my Bell BR1 helmet I can't sit up straight. Thanks!
Yenkocrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:35 AM   #4
JD_

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE in Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenkocrew View Post
That would be awesome. I'm 5'11 as well and with my Bell BR1 helmet I can't sit up straight. Thanks!
Being the same height doesn't necessarily mean you will still fit since your torso may be longer or shorter than someone else of a similar overall height.

I suggest you do what I did. Show up at your local dealer, helmet in hand, and "try on" models with and without sunroofs.

For me, even though I am 5'10" I could not comfortably wear my helmet with a car equipped with a sunroof.

good luck with your search.

JD
JD_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #5
Daily1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Slightly off topic, but do the sunroof cars have completely different roofs? I have a 1LE without a sunroof (wish I had one) but I noticed the roof is not completely flat on my car, so I couldn't picture how a sunroof goes on the car? The center of the roof is lower then the sides of it. Sort of looks like this when looking from the front of the car ---\___/--- if that makes sense.
Daily1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #6
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily1LE View Post
Slightly off topic, but do the sunroof cars have completely different roofs? I have a 1LE without a sunroof (wish I had one) but I noticed the roof is not completely flat on my car, so I couldn't picture how a sunroof goes on the car? The center of the roof is lower then the sides of it. Sort of looks like this when looking from the front of the car ---\___/--- if that makes sense.
Yes they do. If you have a sunroof you have a flat roof. No "reverse mohawk" roof. They are different.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #7
ToeKnee Sea

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
The cars with sunroofs have a smooth roof - no driver and passenger bubbles.
ToeKnee Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:27 PM   #8
Daily1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Yes they do. If you have a sunroof you have a flat roof. No "reverse mohawk" roof. They are different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeKnee Sea View Post
The cars with sunroofs have a smooth roof - no driver and passenger bubbles.
Interesting, thanks! So you lose headroom space with the flat roof sunroof, thus this OP's post?
Daily1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:06 PM   #9
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Yes they are different, and in my opinion the Sunroof cars look far less interesting.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote