Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-26-2022, 06:49 AM   #197
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
You don't need modern chips when your entire platform is running off of the same chip that powered the 2004 Motorola Razr
If you're selling cars, who cares?

I have been reading the "Complete Book of Chevrolet Camaro" and just made it to the 3rd gen.

In the first chapter, it was talking about the factory supporting enthusiasts. Dodge is doing a great job of that. (The "brotherhood of muscle", "power dollars", crazy cool advertising that makes you feel you NEED their car, etc.)

gm (not GM) is totally allowing Camaro to wither on the vine by milking the name and not really putting effort into it. And sales show it.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:34 AM   #198
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
GM or gm has abandoned the Camaro leaving it to play out it's final act, the companies are moving on. The powers at be have EV on their minds and nothing will change it, not that it will be much better in the long run (everything has an impact when you are talking these numbers).
gm could have decided to go out with a bang, but are going out in a whimper, unlike Dodge who is riding the wave to the end, with their new options updated trim, colours have kept interest in their products even besting the Mustang.

I'm not planning on ever getting an EV but never is a long time, I don't see this EV move as the best plan (Hybrid might be a better idea with a gas engine that could charge a battery) but this is the way it is going.
I will miss these cars as when growing up in the 70's Muscle Cars were a culture and in the 80's when I started driving my older friend had a 80 Z28 that I would race with my 79 Cutlass. We all thought we had missed the great car years of the 60's early 70's. Yet here we are talking about the last 3 Muscle Cars (maybe 1 Muscle car & 2 sporty Muscle Cars).
In the future will we be talking about the sporty fast EV's in the same way? will we be talking about how good they are on the track?
Enjoy these last years is all I can think to say last person turn off the lights LOL
1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403

Last edited by rocket403; 01-26-2022 at 08:00 AM.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:04 AM   #199
cowpunk

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE M6
The Challenger has cupholders in the doors...that's next level boys!!!
cowpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:07 AM   #200
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
If you're selling cars, who cares?

I have been reading the "Complete Book of Chevrolet Camaro" and just made it to the 3rd gen.

In the first chapter, it was talking about the factory supporting enthusiasts. Dodge is doing a great job of that. (The "brotherhood of muscle", "power dollars", crazy cool advertising that makes you feel you NEED their car, etc.)

gm (not GM) is totally allowing Camaro to wither on the vine by milking the name and not really putting effort into it. And sales show it.
gm does a bad job with branding in general. They develop a lot of very cool and capable cars/truck and then ignore them. Ford and Dodge put effort into branding and it shows.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:09 AM   #201
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpunk View Post
The Challenger has cupholders in the doors...that's next level boys!!!
what was I thinking, buying a Camaro with no door cupholders??? Let me trade for a Hellcat, quick

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:26 AM   #202
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
what was I thinking, buying a Camaro with no door cupholders??? Let me trade for a Hellcat, quick

And sunroofs that do not act as down force

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:03 AM   #203
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
The Challenger is better as a usable coupe. If you could only have one car, it is far more practical than the Camaro. Most of you are privileged enough to have the Camaro as a toy/second car. You don't even daily drive your Camaros. If you can't afford (or don't have the space for) an extra car, then the Challenger makes a lot more sense than a Camaro.

The Challenger's trunk isn't compromised with a tiny opening. The Challenger has better backseat space. The Challenger is still fast enough in a straight line, which is what a lot of people care about when shopping pony cars. The Challenger has better visibility. The Challenger has historically had better financing incentives and discounts.

Also, up until the LT1 trim, the V8 Camaro was the most expensive pony car. The Scat Packs were realistically selling for thousands less than the SS.

It's no surprise the Camaro has sold less.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:06 AM   #204
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
gm does a bad job with branding in general. They develop a lot of very cool and capable cars/truck and then ignore them. Ford and Dodge put effort into branding and it shows.
Yep and its a shame. For as much as Ford's tinkering in the parts bin for special models(or fixing previous issues) and Dodge doing the same it at least generates some excitement more than sticker packages sure seems to work at least.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:21 AM   #205
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Have to remind everyone that thinks Dodge is such a marketing juggernaut, Dodge sold 215,000 cars, SUVs and Minivans last year, down significantly from the year before.

Just because you like the "American Muscle" commercials from a foreign company for cars made in Canada, it isn't resulting in strong brand sales. (The same foreign company that slaps an American flag on the door of their new SUV and uses a commercial to tell us why. Maybe no one else cares) The only thing Dodge has is a short team sales leadership position in a dying segment of coupes/performance coupes.

Without a strong transition to EVs, Dodge (and Chrysler that sold 1/2 of Dodge last year with 2 products) as a brand is pretty much dead regardless of all that awesome advertising (which is only a portion of marketing) they do.

And to be clear, I like their commercials. I'm just not able to get past the fact that it's not an American company and the car isn't made in America. But I get that I'm also int the minority in this opinion.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:29 AM   #206
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Isn't Canada "American" 😬

And the Wagoneer is made in MI. The engine in Mexico, still American😬

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:36 AM   #207
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Have to remind everyone that thinks Dodge is such a marketing juggernaut, Dodge sold 215,000 cars, SUVs and Minivans last year, down significantly from the year before.

Just because you like the "American Muscle" commercials from a foreign company for cars made in Canada, it isn't resulting in strong brand sales. (The same foreign company that slaps an American flag on the door of their new SUV and uses a commercial to tell us why. Maybe no one else cares) The only thing Dodge has is a short team sales leadership position in a dying segment of coupes/performance coupes.

Without a strong transition to EVs, Dodge (and Chrysler that sold 1/2 of Dodge last year with 2 products) as a brand is pretty much dead regardless of all that awesome advertising (which is only a portion of marketing) they do.

And to be clear, I like their commercials. I'm just not able to get past the fact that it's not an American company and the car isn't made in America. But I get that I'm also int the minority in this opinion.
Pretty much the same thing with the 4th gen Fbodys. Most of us had one, and that was a real Canadian car sporting French shocks from the factory and all.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 12:17 PM   #208
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
Quote:

You make a good point that there isnt much that is American in this vehicle including where it is made. Doesn't that prove the point that the marketing is sheer genius. Just like all those commercials targeting teens stating that you need to buy their product to be unique, and then poof, everyone is wearing it.
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 12:41 PM   #209
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

From a branding standpoint. Who did a better job?

SS or GT or Challenger
SS-1LE or Shelby GT350
ZL1 or Hellcat or Shelby GT500
Blazer or Bronco
Hummer or F-150 Lightning
Chevrolet Montana or Ford Maverick
Cadillac CT5 or BMW 5-Series

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 01-26-2022 at 12:53 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 01:10 PM   #210
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
The supercharger is a relatively cheap fix. For less than $10k you can swap over to a Maggie 2650R. To fix the Charger/Challenger? How much does it cost to strip that car down to the chassis, acid dip the chassis to reduce the weight, realize it's pointless, and then ask McLaren to build you a bespoke carbon fiber tub chassis instead? Then after all that you still need to source $4k worth of suspension, $5k worth of lighter wheels, and put the shitbox back together.

I'd rather be known for driving into crowds than only capable of going in a straight line in a 20 year old MB.
That may be true, but I am just saying that the Charger/Challenger isn't as bad as you think. As others said, there is also the practicality advantage, especially with the Charger.

And as Farmer Fram kind of was trying to say, not everyone is a track hero. Even if the handling is bad, it's not like you will be pushing it on the street, and again, some buyers realize that and still like the car.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote