Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #29
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
That's a Jeep thing only
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:58 PM   #30
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighunter View Post
That's a Jeep thing only
When I had a Subaru other WRX owners would do the wave. But only from the older models.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:34 PM   #31
WVaSS

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Grey 2SS M6
Yes I'm glad somebody brought it up. Camaro drivers do NOT return the wave. I need to just give up, but it's a hard habit to break. I grew up on boats, you always waved to passing craft. Motorcycles VWs, Subarus, Minis. MGs, I've driven/ridden all of these, and these folks almost always return the wave. Camaro drivers? It hasn't happened once. Maybe when I drove a gen3 back in the80s? But my memory isn't that good.
WVaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:15 AM   #32
trboxman

Drives: 2017 2SS, M6, HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
When I had a Subaru other WRX owners would do the wave. But only from the older models.
And that only really applies to a WRX, try having a Legacy GT wagon same EJ257 block, same HP and the average WRX driver couldn't even recognize it as a Subaru...
trboxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:19 AM   #33
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
I would say a good 70% of camaro owners just buy it because it's just a "sports car" and it was on sale. This does not apply to anyone on the forum because we are enthusiasts ("regular" people don't get on forums haha).

I do wave to fellow 6th gen owners and wave to other generations if waved at by them. All but a handful 5th gen owners have had a positive attitude... Even been flipped off by 5th gen owners for no reason so there is that... lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:48 AM   #34
OMEN

Drives: Camaro SS
i Just smile ^_^ and distributing numbers 4 ladies lol
Middle East, Oman
1LE front splitter, ZL1 Corsa Xtreme quad tips, x pipe, ZL1 Rear Diffuser, 1/LE Rear Emblems
CoCo 4 Life
OMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #35
UKCamaro2SS
Need more parking space

Drives: Camaro2SS '17,Audi A6
I'm in the UK and never seen another Camaro on the road, but lots of other people wave, thumbs up , say hello including bikers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2017, 01:02 AM   #36
alec_jan

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2013 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I get more waves from other brands, mostly Challengers. One Challenger driver waves at me every time I see him, well more like flips me off and then guns it. Did it three times in one day.

Camaro people around here are almost all V6 drivers and never wave back.
Same here, Challengers always wave or nod, 2 have even pulled over to mention enthusiast drives... Camaros, nothing! Previously was in a BMW and lots more camaraderie amongst the M and 35i cars. Too bad, not sure why this is
alec_jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:05 AM   #37
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I see three other Gen 6's almost daily. Another NFG LT coupe, we always wave / flash lights. A SIM SS 'vert, blonde lady and we also always wave to each other. A white SS coupe who also waves back.

I would say around here, Gen 6 owners wave as much as C7 owners (although there are noticeably fewer 'vettes running around). I wave to Mustangs, Challengers, P-cars, old classic cars, old muscle cars, basically anyone with a car I think is cool... Most of those guys do not wave back however. Oh well, I'm going to keep on keepin' on, as they say.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:20 AM   #38
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
I wave at any Camaro or Corvette I notice, and any of the older GM muscle cars. I'm a big fan of the Dodge Challenger and will occasionally get a mutual wave there. I also always wave at cops if I see them, but it's not entirely unusual that I get mistaken for a cop, too. I think it's the black and white combo with the "We Got Your 6" decal. When I was in a wreck last year, the State Trooper at the scene was so determined that I must be a cop, he asked me twice, stating "are you sure you're not a cop?".

My car has been fairly "riced" in the past couple of months, so it's much less common now, but there's still a noticeable "shit, slow down - is that a cop?" reaction on occasion, which I was used to from the Dodge Charger I was driving earlier last year, but never expected with the Camaro.
Attached Images

Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:31 AM   #39
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
For reference - with the new look, it's pretty much just kids who get excited at the "Wow! Hot Wheels Car!" now. For the first time in the history of forever, my car may be an example of it actually being more respectable to leave autocross numbers on the sides of the car full-time.
Attached Images

Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:31 AM   #40
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
I honk or wave to other Camaro owners regardless of generation. 30% of them return the gesture. I get more waves from kids and Corvette owners. At car shows it's usually younger adults and people my age (60-ish) that stop and check out SSybil. People can see just how much I love my car.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:41 AM   #41
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt ss View Post
I usually give a thumbs up or wave and I'd say 99% of the time I get a look like I screwed their gf.
Ha!!! Pretty much ditto here. I have waved to dozens of other Camaro Owners, yet have never received one wave back. Don't bother anymore.

Totally different on the Harley. Usually 95% will wave.
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:18 AM   #42
Coach Mike

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible, 1978 Formula
Another Illinois guy here and about the same for me. I try to wave, but only occasionally get a wave or acknowledgement back. It's ok either way. Have had some nice interactions at stop lights and gas stations, etc. Had a girl pull up with one next to me and offer to trade
Coach Mike is offline   Reply With Quote