Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2022, 09:33 AM   #1
KaMaRow

Drives: 2022 ZL1
Cant get a dealer to sell a car. IM about over the cars at the moment

So Im trying to buy another car. Trying.... I found a hellcat jailbreak they already wanted 100k for it. But that was its msrp as they ordered it fully loaded. I try to buy it and they told me they weren't gonna sell it unless someone gave them 20k over for it. I said Ill give you 5k they said no... ok. its been sitting there a month. I looked at buying a Jeep gladiator. They had 25 on the lot 4 used and just about any dealer i went to have tons of them as I dont think they are selling not to mention every dealer around here has jeeps out the back side used just sitting. They wanted mark up... im like come on you got piles of them just sitting and you are begging for new sales. Ill do msrp but thats it... nope. ok fine on to next dealer.. I found a bmw i4 sweet. I go to lot the dealer only has 2 cars.. yes two cars on the whole lot and 7 sales men sitting around doing nothing. I say hi i wanna buy that i4... its not for sale.. ugh. you have 2 cars and 7 sales men and the one car you have you wont sell??? what ever fine. I go to jaguar dealer they have a fairly nice used m2 4 years old 60k miles and they wanted 30k yes 30k over its original retail price... I said would you come down.... nope.... jesus. fine I find a 2 year old used base model mach-e. has 66k miles on it which is a ton for 2 years old. retailed for 43 they want 69k.... im like really guys. any chance of you coming down on that.... nope...

Now mind you these are all dealers with good amount of cars on lot (except the bmw) to sell who all have ads on tv begging literally begging for new customers and when you go their isn't a single customer in the stores and everyone sitting around watching YouTube. One dealer the guy told me they hadn't sold a car in 2 weeks. but they wont come off their high prices or even try to sell you a car. I seriously don't understand how the dealer model works now. is it just sit around do nothing and hope just one sucker will come in and over pay for a single car to fund your entire business for a month? They aren't even trying to sell cars. I know another dealer who has 7 c8 corvettes all sitting used and they want 135k plus for them. they been there for over 4 months I asked fi they would consider coming off the price a bit.... nope not even a grand.

This really is a crap time to be a car person who likes to get a new car every once in awhile.

I even had this conversation with a dealership owner. I vented all my frustrations with being a car buyer he vented all his with not being able to sell cars and having to send them to auctions. I was ok ill buy a car today if they would come down to msrp and take the mark up off... he said no... LOL guess they dont ant to sell cars at all.
KaMaRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:36 PM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Amazing! My advice would to be patient, get your money readily available and be ready to pounce! "This will not stand!" as someone famous once said. (If you really don't know who, then google it), and if you're over age 60 and you don't know, you are a moron.
These greedy business men (think of another 'B' word, that's what I wanted to type) are about to have their comeuppance.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:39 PM   #3
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
My advice is jump on cars.com, autotrader.com, or some other sites and find the car you want and call the dealerships. Search nationwide or as wide as it will let you.

I just bought an F150 last week and had zero issues. I did buy locally but in the internet age, you can buy anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

ETA: I also looked at a new Silverado. I was able to talk both dealers down from sticker about $2500 but decided to go with a used F150 (2018) instead of the 2022 F150 I haggled on but from the same dealer.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:43 AM   #4
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
If you’re looking for a Dodge product I would suggest Chrysler of Culpeper in Va. They move a lot of vehicles
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:11 AM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
There aren't any 2 year old Mach-e Mustangs yet.

On a side note, quit looking at the dealers and check out private party sales.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:27 AM   #6
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Not sure where or how you're trying to buy but around this area most dealers are selling new cars at MSRP and that include Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, Silverados, F150 & 250s. Don't know about Jeep or Dodge since I'd never own another but their lots are full of both new and used. Used vehicles are scarce and selling pretty high but nowhere near original MSRP..

Last edited by h422694; 05-19-2022 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Correction
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:52 AM   #7
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I'm in Houston Tx. I've sold two vehicles to folks in NC and SC in the past couple of months. Even after they paid for shipping, it was still cheaper for them compared to prices over there. What the hell is going on over there?
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:55 AM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Dealers in Asheville and in some cities in SC have gotten use to the yankees moving down from new york and the Floridiots moving up from Florida. They would go into dealerships and pay way over retail because "I gotta have it" back before covid hit. When covid hit, people stopped spending money all willy-nilly but yet the dealerships still think they can get those prices.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 10:41 AM   #9
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Dealers in Asheville and in some cities in SC have gotten use to the yankees moving down from new york and the Floridiots moving up from Florida. They would go into dealerships and pay way over retail because "I gotta have it" back before covid hit. When covid hit, people stopped spending money all willy-nilly but yet the dealerships still think they can get those prices.
Floridiots are likely halfbacks. The New Yorkers who moved to Florida, then moved to the Carolinas. Hence, halfway back to NY.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote