Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-13-2022, 12:12 PM   #1
Its.danny.v

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Rear Window Glue Came Off

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Just got a 2018 Camaro SS Convertible last week from HGreg and on the lot I noticed that the rear window had a gap. The dealer promised to cover the repair, but today I got a call saying that since they'll have to replace the whole top to address my issue, that I get a choice between getting a refund, switching into another car on their lot or taking their 50% discount on the repair and paying $1300. I obviously also have the option to just fix it on my own, but after calling a Chevrolet dealer they said I have to figure it out with HGreg. Are there any options for me to get that repair somehow covered? I really like the car and I'm upset to be in this predicament...
Its.danny.v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:08 PM   #2
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its.danny.v View Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum. Just got a 2018 Camaro SS Convertible last week from HGreg and on the lot I noticed that the rear window had a gap. The dealer promised to cover the repair, but today I got a call saying that since they'll have to replace the whole top to address my issue, that I get a choice between getting a refund, switching into another car on their lot or taking their 50% discount on the repair and paying $1300. I obviously also have the option to just fix it on my own, but after calling a Chevrolet dealer they said I have to figure it out with HGreg. Are there any options for me to get that repair somehow covered? I really like the car and I'm upset to be in this predicament...
You’re not the original owner, so any potential “help” from GM is unlikely.

The dealer promised one thing and is now reneging on their word (this would piss me off). I’d get my $ back and move on…its not the only Camaro convertible out there.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 09:27 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
It's simple - you opt for the refund.

If they didn't understand what they were promising when the offered the repair (replacement of the entire top is the only way to solve), then I wouldn't trust them with actually DOING the repair.

Walk and go somewhere else. Ball is in your court at this point.

Alternate option: If they provided you with one of those generic "We Owe" slips stating they would repair the top, you could also press the issue and sue them in small claims for the actual RETAIL cost of repairs done by an actual GM shop that knows what they're doing.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyer, convertible, problem