Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-09-2020, 09:50 PM   #85
RandRZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
So are you planning on selling a package, with the connection pipes and the “X” pipe? Because if you are selling them individually I would buy the connection pipes now. If not how about a waiting list?
RandRZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:32 PM   #86
Drizzt ss

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Engineering View Post
Our x-pipe normally works with our longtubes, and due to the factory exhaust not having a connection point it requires cutting just before the muffler. We just recently made a set of connection pipes that will work with our current x-pipe, which connects just after the first cats. Those connection pipes will not just bolt up to the factory exhaust without a decent amount of fabrication. Those are now in stock, but we are waiting on our normal x-pipe kit to come back in stock. Normally, we have a pretty good idea of when they will becoming in, but unfortunately 6/26 is our best guess. The way things have been going I wouldn't be surprise if that wait time will be extended.

Thanks
Sean
For my own reading comprehension, you made secondary cat delete pipes that will fit your x and mid pipes and hook up behind the main cats. But you’re waiting for the x/mid pipes to come in to sell them together. My question is will the x/mid pipes fit right on to the factory exhaust? In my case the borla axle backs( because they hook Up right to the stock mid pipes). Or is there some fabrication involved to join them? Also your website now says eta July 24 unfortunately.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:57 PM   #87
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Sorry to beat the dead horse, but any ETA or plans on a catted set up?
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:35 AM   #88
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Drives: 22 1LE 2SS M6 Riverside Blue
How did everything come out so far for the folks that already received their xpipes?

Any soundclips?

2020 Red Hot Camaro 2SS 1LE/PDR /Sold

2018 black Camaro 2SS M6 Redline Edition/Traded

2016 summit white Camaro RS V6 M6/Traded
mano_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 04:19 PM   #89
MrNoosNoos

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Exclamation 1 7/8" to 2" speed engineering headers

So I had 1 7/8's speed engineering (SE) headers on my camaro initially. I'd get some slight rubbing on my headers (drivers side) nothing too much. I've burned 2 spark plug wires on the 1 7/8s (GM and MSD). Then I went to 2" headers, burned through my spark plug wire on the drivers side (MSD) yet again and its making a lot of noise and rubbing on the steering rack badly when I turn left, no issues going straight or turning right. Its already burned through some of the plastic guard on the rack.

What do you guys suggest doing? My builder said to try new motor mounts (OEM). Haven't gone through with them yet because I've had issues with SE headers since I got them. 1 7/8s and even more on 2".
MrNoosNoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 04:50 PM   #90
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
That’s nuts. I had no issues with my 2” TSP lt’s.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 09:32 AM   #91
Wintermute

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoosNoos View Post
So I had 1 7/8's speed engineering (SE) headers on my camaro initially. I'd get some slight rubbing on my headers (drivers side) nothing too much. I've burned 2 spark plug wires on the 1 7/8s (GM and MSD). Then I went to 2" headers, burned through my spark plug wire on the drivers side (MSD) yet again and its making a lot of noise and rubbing on the steering rack badly when I turn left, no issues going straight or turning right. Its already burned through some of the plastic guard on the rack.

What do you guys suggest doing? My builder said to try new motor mounts (OEM). Haven't gone through with them yet because I've had issues with SE headers since I got them. 1 7/8s and even more on 2".
Silly question, but if you're having all these heat related issues, have you tried putting some heat shields on your headers or some boots on your plug wires?