Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2021, 05:50 PM   #1
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Weather seal loose

Every few weeks the rubber weather seal around the base of the top starts coming off & i have to slide it back onto the frame. Any idea if theres a factory adhesive that needs to be reapplied to this part that keeps coming loose?
Attached Images

Last edited by classicrockr; 05-17-2021 at 06:01 PM.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:58 AM   #2
NZuercher

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2LS
I have the same question. The weatherstrip on mine is just hanging there, on both sides of the top. I've tried to put them back in place but there doesn’t seem to be anything to hold them there.

Also, does anyone have a part number to replace the weatherstripping? One of mine is now torn due to closing the top multiple time with the weatherstripping out of position.
NZuercher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:29 AM   #3
NZuercher

Name:  Camaro Top Weatherstrip.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  152.4 KB

Name:  Camaro Top Weatherstrip2.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  130.0 KB
Old 07-19-2021, 08:23 AM   #4
NZuercher

After some more investigating, I realized the seal is supposed to be one piece that starts at the top of the small side window, goes down and all the way around the back, then up the other side window. The thicker part where it turns the corner to go up the window has several inches that are not actually attached to anything because that part hinges when the top goes up and down. Mine broke at the hinge area so now that portion of the seal just flaps around with nothing to hold it in place.

I ordered part# 84180260 "Convertible Top Seal Rear Weatherstrip" and will replace once it come in. I will also have some Permatex Weatherstrip Adhesive on hand as well.
Old 03-20-2022, 02:39 AM   #5
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Bringing this thread back to life. I just discovered my weatherstrip is loose. Thanks NZuercher for the PN.

How difficult was it to replace the weatherstrip?
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 04:34 AM   #6
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcd550 View Post
Bringing this thread back to life. I just discovered my weatherstrip is loose. Thanks NZuercher for the PN.

How difficult was it to replace the weatherstrip?
That strip was just too worn out & had actually started teaing on the backside of the strip where I couldn't see it. I ended up having a dealership do it, just to get the 1 year warranty on install. Turns out after about 1 month, I had to press part of the seal back in place myself, but it's stayed ever since.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:22 PM   #7
lcd550

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
That strip was just too worn out & had actually started teaing on the backside of the strip where I couldn't see it. I ended up having a dealership do it, just to get the 1 year warranty on install. Turns out after about 1 month, I had to press part of the seal back in place myself, but it's stayed ever since.
Thanks classicrockr. I looked at mine again and noticed the reason it was not sealing well is it tore at the base (edge closest to the rear window).

I'm guessing it will be a little pricey...
Old 09-26-2023, 12:56 PM   #8
Black Irish Hammer

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZuercher View Post
After some more investigating, I realized the seal is supposed to be one piece that starts at the top of the small side window, goes down and all the way around the back, then up the other side window. The thicker part where it turns the corner to go up the window has several inches that are not actually attached to anything because that part hinges when the top goes up and down. Mine broke at the hinge area so now that portion of the seal just flaps around with nothing to hold it in place.

I ordered part# 84180260 "Convertible Top Seal Rear Weatherstrip" and will replace once it come in. I will also have some Permatex Weatherstrip Adhesive on hand as well.
Sorry for the thread revival, but in all the research I've done I can't find a definitive answer.

Is GM part# 84180260 "Convertible Top Seal Rear Weatherstrip one piece from driver to passenger side? The schematic looks like it's a smaller piece. I'm looking to order one but not sure which part# to get.
Attached Images

Black Irish Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 02:42 PM   #9
lcd550

84180260 is the part I ordered and installed. It does attached to the convertible top.
Old 10-07-2023, 02:32 PM   #10
Black Irish Hammer

Quote:
84180260 is the part I ordered and installed. It does attached to the convertible top.
Ok that's the part I'll order then. Thanks for the reply! Did you do the removal and install yourself? I'm planning on doing it and was just curious if you had any tips.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:41 PM   #11
lcd550

I did the install myself. I could not find instructions in the Service Manual I had so I winged it. I can’t recall how held the top in a certain position, I may disconnected the battery used a charger or external battery to hold control the top.

I’ll have to see if I have messages with suggestions.

Where in CA are you located?
Old 10-09-2023, 02:46 PM   #12
Black Irish Hammer

Quote:
I did the install myself. I could not find instructions in the Service Manual I had so I winged it. I can’t recall how held the top in a certain position, I may disconnected the battery used a charger or external battery to hold control the top.

I’ll have to see if I have messages with suggestions.

Where in CA are you located?

Awesome thank you for checking! I'm in Live Oak just north of Yuba City