Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 03-03-2022, 07:05 PM   #1
unixadm

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
No SXM Signal - Reception may be blocked

Drove about 1200 miles straight through to Georgia and although I listened to Apple Music most of the time, I swapped to SiriusXM with at times with no issues.

A day or two later, I was driving locally and my SiriusXM went into “Reception may be blocked” and I can’t figure out what it is. Randomly, it does come back on for a few, then shows the blocked message again.

Is the antenna in the shark fin on the back trunk or is that Built in GPS/On Star antenna?

Where does it connect to the radio? Is that in the trunk under the floor, or does it connect up front somewhere (where is the SiriusXM tuner located?). Wondering if I could just get an aftermarket antenna and connect to test if it is just the antenna that is bad.

Anyone else have an issue like this?
unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 06:03 PM   #2
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixadm View Post
Drove about 1200 miles straight through to Georgia and although I listened to Apple Music most of the time, I swapped to SiriusXM with at times with no issues.

A day or two later, I was driving locally and my SiriusXM went into “Reception may be blocked” and I can’t figure out what it is. Randomly, it does come back on for a few, then shows the blocked message again.

Is the antenna in the shark fin on the back trunk or is that Built in GPS/On Star antenna?

Where does it connect to the radio? Is that in the trunk under the floor, or does it connect up front somewhere (where is the SiriusXM tuner located?). Wondering if I could just get an aftermarket antenna and connect to test if it is just the antenna that is bad.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

The little fin is the SXM antenna. Don't know it any of the other radios use that. The regular radio antenna is built into the rear deck spoiler on the convertibles. I would look for a loose connection.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 02:05 PM   #3
unixadm

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
Ended up going to Best Buy and getting the Magnetic XM antenna, then ordering SMB male/male adapter from Amazon to connect it in the trunk where the wire from the shark fin antenna connects…..as soon as I plugged it in, I started getting XM again…so definitely bad shark fin antenna. Took off shark fin and opened it up and although dry, it does appear that there were marks on the chips that looked like maybe some water got in. Going to order used one from EBay and replace the insides of mine with one that hopefully works (so I keep my paint matching shark fin). In the meantime, I can use the magnetic one to get my signal
unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote