Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-22-2022, 04:57 AM   #155
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Tell us how you really feel.
Don't mind him he's always complaining. He's a man's man that pulls himself up by his bootstraps and walked through snow storms just to get to school.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:13 AM   #156
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Spy photos of the 7th gen electric Camaro...

raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:24 AM   #157
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post
GM is now run by a bunch of pansy ass, politically correct weak ass punks who probably should be baking cookies or being altar boys.
LOL, no just not true.

As long as Mark Reuss is still there they will have great product people in place.

The technology in their most recent introductions demonstrates they have great product people in place. Cadillac V Blackwings also reinforce that great product people are in place.

I’m guessing you are just blatantly anti EV and anyone going EV or promoting EVs must be stupid in your mind regardless of the facts showing otherwise.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:54 AM   #158
MightyBobo

Drives: 2022 VOM 2SS 1LE M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Don't mind him he's always complaining. He's a man's man that pulls himself up by his bootstraps and walked through snow storms just to get to school.
Oh, I know. I've seen him around.

20211120 - 1100 --- 20211207 - 2500
20211208 - 3000 (TPW: was 20220103, now 20220124)
20211220 - 3400 (TPW: 20220110)
20220114 - 3800 --- 20220122 - 4300 (1LE Wrap Shuffle)
20220125 - 4B00 --- 20220129 - 4200 (Shipped! ETA: 20220223)
20220212 - 4800 --- 20220216 - 6000!

2024 Silverado EV RST First Edition on reserve, as well.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:01 PM   #159
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
LOL, no just not true.

As long as Mark Reuss is still there they will have great product people in place.

The technology in their most recent introductions demonstrates they have great product people in place. Cadillac V Blackwings also reinforce that great product people are in place.

I’m guessing you are just blatantly anti EV and anyone going EV or promoting EVs must be stupid in your mind regardless of the facts showing otherwise.
LOL. GM dropped the much anticipated Blackwings engine, after building less than 1,000 units, and reverted to the LT4. They just kept the name.

GM has no interest in performance enthusiasts and is biding time until their Blah-mobiles are ready. All due respect to Mark Reuss, GM doesn't give a .......

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...blackwing-v-8/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:09 PM   #160
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efi69Cam View Post
People have always preferred the bigger muscle cars over pony cars. For example in 1970 the chevelle 2 door outsold the camaro almost 2 to 1. The modern challenger is more like a chevelle than a camaro. The 6th gen camaro is the absolute best performance car gm has ever built, but it does suck to live with, and would never be my daily.
Both the Gen5 and Gen6 Camaros are closer in size and weight to a 1970 Chevelle than to a Gen1 or Gen2 Camaro.

I love the looks of the 1970 Chevelle. I had a Cutlass (same platform) in 1970, and when I look at and drive my Gen5 Camaro, that is what it reminds me of.

Similarly, the current Challenger should be called a Charger. In 1970, they were both 2 door cars, but the Challenger was a torpedo while the Charger was a tank.

In 2010, I drove a Challenger before I bought the Camaro. The choice was obvious.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:25 PM   #161
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Spy photos of the 7th gen electric Camaro...

Finally, they stopped pretending that the Camaro has a back seat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post

Reminds me of the neighbor's father from American Beauty....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
LOL. GM dropped the much anticipated Blackwings engine, after building less than 1,000 units, and reverted to the LT4. They just kept the name.

GM has no interest in performance enthusiasts and is biding time until their Blah-mobiles are ready. All due respect to Mark Reuss, GM doesn't give a .......

I would agree with you if you said that GM has gone the way of MOST large U.S. companies these days, where consumers are not the #1 priority, but shareholders. GM isn't about taking chances, the Blackwing engines probably did not yield the results that they wanted, and thus they ditched them for a configuration that was already proven. Given that EVs are around the corner, I can't blame them for not pouring millions to billions in a new engine line that would only have about 2-3 years tops. Hell, the fact that GM created the NA beast in the new Z06 is admirable as how many years do you expect the Z06 to sell? I would love for GM not to give a damn about profits and shareholders and just create the baddest vehicle on the market, but that's not profitable.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:15 PM   #162
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Can you imagine a Blazer with the LT1 in it? Neither can I. You can get this in a Jeep.

Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:33 PM   #163
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
Can you imagine a Blazer with the LT1 in it? Neither can I. You can get this in a Jeep.

https://www.cadillac.com/future-vehi...alade-v-series
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:29 AM   #164
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
For 6'5", that's actually a fairly decent weight.

I'm 5'11" and ~200, and they fit me well. I'm guessing my build is similar to him proportionally.
Yeah must just be because I am on the round side haha

Quote:

I still can't believe they dropped the blackwing engines.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:53 AM   #165
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yeah must just be because I am on the round side haha

I still can't believe they dropped the blackwing engines.
The Blackwing V8s were designed for the Omega architecture. Omega was truly awesome using mixed materials and manufacturing processes to achieve a 3,600 pound full size sedan (with the 4 cylinder engine). I believe the CT6 is still being produced and sold in China, but it never did well here.

At one point, when I was still there, GM had plans for more than one car off of the Omega platform, including an SUV as I recall. None of which came to fruition.

Me? I always thought a larger, light weigh platform like Omega would have made a great Camaro, addressing almost every criticism of the current car.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:56 AM   #166
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post

What I would like to see is the TTV6 from the XTS V Sport. The Blazer isn't off the same Lambda architecture, but a 400 HP AWD Blazer would be very interesting. Just had a Blazer for a rental in Florida. Not too shabby for a base rental car.

What I really hoped to see (but knew it wouldn't happen) was that same powertrain in the Regal GS. And that was the same architecture so it would pretty much have been a drop in for the architecture.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:03 AM   #167
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:

I assume your comment is based on "if it's an EV it can't be fun or interesting and I've made up my mind before I see or drive one".

I can assure you other than the NVH concern most people have, GM's EVs will be interesting and exciting, but unlike most of the people commenting, I know what GM is capable of and I expect they will deliver on that. GM has a truly world class ride and handling group and I see no reason that won't be applied to every single EV they produce.

I also expect that GM will give Cadillac EVs a V/Blackwing version as well. That will NOT be a blah blah mobile.

So other than NVH, GM very much cares about enthusiasts and my prediction is they understand your and others hesitancy and will work hard to overcome it with great products.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:10 AM   #168
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The Blackwing V8s were designed for the Omega architecture. Omega was truly awesome using mixed materials and manufacturing processes to achieve a 3,600 pound full size sedan (with the 4 cylinder engine). I believe the CT6 is still being produced and sold in China, but it never did well here.

At one point, when I was still there, GM had plans for more than one car off of the Omega platform, including an SUV as I recall. None of which came to fruition.

Me? I always thought a larger, light weigh platform like Omega would have made a great Camaro, addressing almost every criticism of the current car.
Yeah that's what I just can't believe. Seems like a lot of money just tossed down the drain
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote