Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-21-2021, 11:39 AM   #15
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathomas94 View Post
I have heard from two dealers that their is truth to the rumor they will drop a new Camaro on the vet. As it’s almost a 2 seater anyway and that will be gen 7 till they go electric. A cheap way to keep the name going.
Has anyone else heard that rumor ?
GM can’t build enough Corvettes to satisfy current demand with just Stingray. Now add Z06, eRay (Grand Sport) and ZR1. Why would GM divert some of the already constrained capacity to produce a lower cost, less profitable vehicle? The answer is they would not.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:41 AM   #16
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I believe he is suggesting they will come out with a Camaro based on the Corvette mid engine architecture. I doubt this very much.

However, there was a study done many years ago for making a 2+2 off of the C5/C6 hydro form rails. Looking for an F car replacement.
I remember that one. Was rooting hard for that one to pencil out. There was also a similar study before Pontiac was chopped to look at C5/C6 as a next gen Solstice platform when C7 went mid-engine. We all know how that one played out.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 12:35 PM   #17
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I recently had a ride in my friend's Tesla Plaid. It is a low 9 second monster you cannot run at Atco. The ride was roller coaster good, but the silence was deafening. And the flying saucer reverse noise was silly.

Driving my low 12 second Mostly stock M6 LT1 is infinitely more fun. And much less dangerous to let loose. Still the Plaid is super cool. But a nice Station Wagon SUV is much more useful and would be 1/3 the price

I think a hybrid Blazer RS would be cool to me as an LT1 companion. Waiting.....

On the other hand so many of us work from home now, more trains makes more sense to me than more EVs to preserve our planet. Once our planet goes so do all of us. The earth is in big trouble and perhaps already too far gone to save.
Old 12-21-2021, 03:12 PM   #18
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I recently had a ride in my friend's Tesla Plaid. It is a low 9 second monster you cannot run at Atco. The ride was roller coaster good, but the silence was deafening. And the flying saucer reverse noise was silly.

Driving my low 12 second Mostly stock M6 LT1 is infinitely more fun. And much less dangerous to let loose. Still the Plaid is super cool. But a nice Station Wagon SUV is much more useful and would be 1/3 the price

I think a hybrid Blazer RS would be cool to me as an LT1 companion. Waiting.....

On the other hand so many of us work from home now, more trains makes more sense to me than more EVs to preserve our planet. Once our planet goes so do all of us. The earth is in big trouble and perhaps already too far gone to save.
Yep, EV's may have a very fast 0-60, but nothing else if you ask me. They are appliances. Get you from point a to point b and in may cases you don't even have to drive them. Boring...
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 03:30 PM   #19
johnnyride

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS Shock Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Yep, EV's may have a very fast 0-60, but nothing else if you ask me. They are appliances. Get you from point a to point b and in may cases you don't even have to drive them. Boring...
But that's the problem. The bread and butter for all these car manufacturers is making appliances. That's why everything is a semi-SUV now. Those are the appliances people want. To most people, a car is to get from point A to point B.

As someone who coveted the muscle of the late 60s and early 70s as a kid, this is very depressing! I grew up looking at the flying car blobs of the future, and the cars today may not fly, but they are all blobs.
johnnyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 03:50 PM   #20
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyride View Post
But that's the problem. The bread and butter for all these car manufacturers is making appliances. That's why everything is a semi-SUV now. Those are the appliances people want. To most people, a car is to get from point A to point B.

As someone who coveted the muscle of the late 60s and early 70s as a kid, this is very depressing! I grew up looking at the flying car blobs of the future, and the cars today may not fly, but they are all blobs.
Yep, too bad there aren't more enthusiasts. At least we have a few options out there. I see Nissan is at least bringing the Z back and with a manual.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 03:54 PM   #21
flobb

Drives: 2022 2SS
CT4/CT5 ultium BEV will happen before anything Camaro-esque. GM has openly declared the CT5 Blackwing to be the ICE sedan swan-song.
flobb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 04:15 PM   #22
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyride View Post

I’ve wanted a pony car since I was kid. I’m finally at the place in life where I can afford to buy one. Another reason to order my 2SS in 2022. EVs are cool and I get the damage to the planet caused by ICE but for me driving is about the experience not just getting from point A to B. I want the thrill of controlling the machine, not the machine controlling me.
Odabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 04:52 PM   #23
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Just buy a Camaro whichever model you prefer before GM stops production is my advice to anyone wanting one.��
Old 12-21-2021, 05:03 PM   #24
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I hope you can see you just described the 60s/70s muscle car. Chevelle, cough, cough.

And not driving is a feature GM offers on ICEs. Depending on your Elon love GM is actually ahead here and it has nothing to do with EVs. It’s very likely that I f GM were investing in Camaro it too would likely get Super Cruise.
Old 12-21-2021, 05:10 PM   #25
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
I hope you can see you just described the 60s/70s muscle car. Chevelle, cough, cough.

And not driving is a feature GM offers on ICEs. Depending on your Elon love GM is actually ahead here and it has nothing to do with EVs. It’s very likely that I f GM were investing in Camaro it too would likely get Super Cruise.
There's a reason I don't own a 60s/70s muscle car. The only way I would is if it was a restomod... but that being said your comparison isn't really a comparison. Driving an old 60's/70's V8 gave you a Visceral feel that no EV will ever give you...

Last edited by jamala00; 12-21-2021 at 05:54 PM.
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:33 PM   #26
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Have you ever driven a big block Chevelle? They ooze personality and are silly fun to drive. Visceral in spades.

I would say a Chevelle is a great example of 0 to 60 not being the primary consideration. By today’s standards not very fast but they have character.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:42 PM   #27
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I still think that a slimmed down C8, with OHV an auto or manual trans is will be the 7th gen Camaro. Softer ride, smaller tires, cheaper trans. 327 cid 400 HP base engine.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:59 PM   #28
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I still think that a slimmed down C8, with OHV an auto or manual trans is will be the 7th gen Camaro. Softer ride, smaller tires, cheaper trans. 327 cid 400 HP base engine.
While I think that would be cool, I don't see that happening from a business perspective. I think GM will leave the Corvette division alone and let them do their thing since they are crushing it.

As for the rest of GM I would assume whatever chassis is developed for the next gen Cadillacs EVs will also be used for a Chevy EV sedan. I would envision something like the Chevy SS in multiple trim levels.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote