Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:19 AM   #156
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I guarantee you this...AWE or Corsa (Both very similar) at partial throttle/<2500 RPM coming into your neighborhood WOULD NOT BE ANY QUIETER with valves and if it was it would NOT be the difference between complaining wives/neighbors/kids etc. Cold start is going to be loud either way so you can forget about taming that. The Corsa setups with no valves cruise quiet as stock, idle hardly louder than stock. The time that they really start to open up is >50% throttle. The AWE is very similar. Why? They're both no drone setups with well engineered mufflers/sound tuning. If the car was loud at cruise/<2500 RPM cruising, the thing would drone, hum, rattle, and make all kinds of noises you wouldn't want in most situations besides the race track. No resonance noises with AWE touring, especially with the resonators. Same for Corsa.

With a quality muffler like AWE, valves are seriously overrated. About useless. I have had valved exhausts and stock NPP with cats, without cats, with headers etc. I bet you'll never be able to guess the difference it made on cold start...A tinker's damn is the correct answer. You aren't going to tame the beast once you make it louder. Hard to have your cake and eat it too with exhaust.

So the answer is, it wouldn't hurt and it's not "hard"...It's just useless. Why make the exhaust more expensive for the engineering and manufacturing cost when the benefit is near zip?
^^^ You nailed it right there.

Once you get into aftermarket exhaust forget the valves. If I want to be quiet I can cruise around with AWE and be just like stock.
Cold start is going to be loud with or without valves once you move away from the stock setup.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:32 AM   #157
Josh/AWE

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I guarantee you this...AWE or Corsa (Both very similar) at partial throttle/<2500 RPM coming into your neighborhood WOULD NOT BE ANY QUIETER with valves and if it was it would NOT be the difference between complaining wives/neighbors/kids etc. Cold start is going to be loud either way so you can forget about taming that. The Corsa setups with no valves cruise quiet as stock, idle hardly louder than stock. The time that they really start to open up is >50% throttle. The AWE is very similar. Why? They're both no drone setups with well engineered mufflers/sound tuning. If the car was loud at cruise/<2500 RPM cruising, the thing would drone, hum, rattle, and make all kinds of noises you wouldn't want in most situations besides the race track. No resonance noises with AWE touring, especially with the resonators. Same for Corsa.

With a quality muffler like AWE, valves are seriously overrated. About useless. I have had valved exhausts and stock NPP with cats, without cats, with headers etc. I bet you'll never be able to guess the difference it made on cold start...A tinker's damn is the correct answer. You aren't going to tame the beast once you make it louder. Hard to have your cake and eat it too with exhaust.

So the answer is, it wouldn't hurt and it's not "hard"...It's just useless. Why make the exhaust more expensive for the engineering and manufacturing cost when the benefit is near zip?

Did you find a way to access my brain in order to write this? You hit the nail on the head with one heavy hammer. Nice job
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:49 PM   #158
Josh/AWE

2010REDSS' ZL1 equipped with a Non-Resonated Track Edition Cat-back Exhaust and Performance Link Pipes.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #159
Josh/AWE

AWE Resonated Track Edition Exhaust installed by the crew at Nightrun Garage. Click here to find an authorized AWE dealer near you.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:49 PM   #160
Josh/AWE

Happy Fourth, everyone! We're doin' a giveaway for a Camaro exhaust. Click below to enter:

Old 07-03-2019, 07:06 PM   #161
NMdude

Drives: 2018 ZL1 a10 NGM
Cool, entered. Thanks!
NMdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:16 AM   #162
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Yet another exhaust ... without NPP... that does NOT fit the convertible

Seriously, how much extra time it would have taken during R&D to make the Xpipe angled going to the exhaust a little lower to fit the bracing to make sure it fits the convertible SS's and Zl1's?

Borla, AWE, CORSA, SW.. where's the middle finger Emoji ?
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:55 AM   #163
Bain

Drives: 2019 Shadow Gray Metallic ZL1
It would be nice to have the stock npp exhaust on this graph for comparison.

Bain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:46 PM   #164
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
How much difference (and where in terms of volume/tone) does the resonator make on the Touring system?
I've not found a video of a resonated Touring system
The graph shows 25% increase in volume without resonators, but is that all at a higher frequency?
if I use your connection pipes, am I right in understanding I'll lose the secondary cats? In which case the resonators will help to "calm down" the tone if eventually go with catless headers?
Cheers

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...

Last edited by Gary H; 07-05-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #165
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
How much difference (and where in terms of volume/tone) does the resonator make on the Touring system?
I've not found a video of a resonated Touring system
The graph shows 25% increase in volume without resonators, but is that all at a higher frequency?
if I use your connection pipes, am I right in understanding I'll lose the secondary cats? In which case the resonators will help to "calm down" the tone if eventually go with catless headers?
Cheers
I went with the AWE Resonated Touring system with the Performance Link Pipes (eliminates the secondary cats), also in anticipation of doing headers soon. I feel it’s the perfect balance! If your off (or light) on the throttle it’s very reasonable going past your friendly neighborhood policeman, if you want to cruise in the 2000-2400 RPM range it sounds really good with a great muscle car tone (and zero drone!), and at WOT it sounds awesome! This album with my Whipple install has a quick WOT dyno clip (sorry I don’t have any other videos yet):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qs5JqthJwvrAbVmm9
Old 07-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #166
MR2620

Drives: 2017 ZL1 - Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain View Post
It would be nice to have the stock npp exhaust on this graph for comparison.

From what one of their salesmen told me, the stock exhaust is about 1 on that graph. I have no way to verify that, but when I asked, that was the response I got.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
MR2620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #167
Silver Spear

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
AWE Resonated Track Edition Exhaust installed by the crew at Nightrun Garage. Click here to find an authorized AWE dealer near you.

Do you have a video of this model of exhaust (AWE Resonated Track Exhaust)? Their is a video of a non resonator track edition.
Silver Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:07 PM   #168
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
I went with the AWE Resonated Touring system with the Performance Link Pipes (eliminates the secondary cats), also in anticipation of doing headers soon. I feel it’s the perfect balance! If your off (or light) on the throttle it’s very reasonable going past your friendly neighborhood policeman, if you want to cruise in the 2000-2400 RPM range it sounds really good with a great muscle car tone (and zero drone!), and at WOT it sounds awesome! This album with my Whipple install has a quick WOT dyno clip (sorry I don’t have any other videos yet):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qs5JqthJwvrAbVmm9
Great to hear - thank you. Looking forward to more videos!

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote