Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #127
DFW_Muscle

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Has anyone attempted to install a catback at home on jack stands? It seems straightforward but awkward to do it solo. Picked up a catback system with the performance link pipes. Thanks in advance.
DFW_Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #128
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_Muscle View Post
Has anyone attempted to install a catback at home on jack stands? It seems straightforward but awkward to do it solo. Picked up a catback system with the performance link pipes. Thanks in advance.
+1. Looking to do the same.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #129
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
I installed full cat-backs on both my ZL1 and Z06. I did it at one of my shops with a lift. On the Camaro it would be doable. It would be a pain in the ass unless you could really get it up off the ground. It's kind of a two man job when it comes to removing the stock exhaust in one piece. Lining up all the pipes for proper tip alignment can also be a two man job. The steps themselves are fairly simple. The biggest problem I'd see is that more often than not, exhaust pipes need a little "convincing" going into place sometimes. This usually involves some lube, elbow grease and some cussing if it's real bad.

If you're used to doing this sort of thing, I'd say go for it. If not, see if a buddy or shop will let you use a lift.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #130
Josh/AWE

Drives: 1LE
I always recommend mounting it on a lift if possible, but then again, most things are possible in a driveway.
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:56 PM   #131
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I installed full cat-backs on both my ZL1 and Z06. I did it at one of my shops with a lift. On the Camaro it would be doable. It would be a pain in the ass unless you could really get it up off the ground. It's kind of a two man job when it comes to removing the stock exhaust in one piece. Lining up all the pipes for proper tip alignment can also be a two man job. The steps themselves are fairly simple. The biggest problem I'd see is that more often than not, exhaust pipes need a little "convincing" going into place sometimes. This usually involves some lube, elbow grease and some cussing if it's real bad.

If you're used to doing this sort of thing, I'd say go for it. If not, see if a buddy or shop will let you use a lift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
I always recommend mounting it on a lift if possible, but then again, most things are possible in a driveway.
Thanks for the input/info gentlemen.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #132
Josh/AWE

Happy Holidays!

Receive 15% off of exhausts. Click below!

Old 12-20-2018, 10:53 AM   #133
Josh/AWE

Deals on the gifts that will keep giving. Click below.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:24 AM   #134
Josh/AWE

Old 12-31-2018, 12:17 PM   #135
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Quote:
Yes. I installed my ARH headers by myself. In the process of installing the x-pipe and link pipes...dry fitting the parts now. All this work is being done with the car on jack stands in the garage.

I'm currently waiting on parts. One for the exhaust and another non-exhaust related part. The holidays have delayed completion of the project.

BTW, the headers weren't bad at all to install; you just have to remove a lot of stuff on the passenger top side. I didn't have to remove starter, motor mount, underbody shroud, etc like others have.

I've installed headers before on my 370Z on jack stands; they were PPE headers. On a scale of 1 to 10, the PPE header installation was an 11. The ARH header installation on my ZL1 would be a 4.
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #136
Josh/AWE

Last call. Holiday Special Pricing Event ends 12 noon EST on Jan 2. Lock it in right this way.

Happy New Year!

Old 01-02-2019, 07:56 AM   #137
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Josh, will you be doing anything with the npp in the near future?
I'd be interested too, but without NPP not interested. But the idea of resonators with LTs could make then sound better.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #138
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I'd be interested too, but without NPP not interested. But the idea of resonators with LTs could make then sound better.
Negative. Valves aren't needed 99.5% of the time.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:41 AM   #139
Josh/AWE

Old 01-17-2019, 12:10 PM   #140
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Hey Josh, how about stopping by in the check engine light AWE thread and helping your customers out who have driver side leaks/check engine lights.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote