Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #29
Camaro Mark III

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS, 8Speed
Automatic is automatic

I have only 50miles with my new car. I couldn't push it hard yet but I know it should downshift and upshift whenever you want. However, it should automatically upshift if you hit the limit when you downshift to protect your engine. Of course, there also should be the limit of downshifting depending on your speed. Plus, I don't think it will downshift automatically while in manual mode.

Rather, I want to know about its mechanics. I wonder if it can handle that increased torque and shift without any issues with the increased torque after the supercharger kit decribed in another post. I also wonder if transmission should be upgraded if I want a supercharger + nitrous kit. Perhaps, my transmission might withstand that power as it already can handle 450HP. Anyway, I did upgrade my automatic transmission when I had a supercharger kit on my E46 BMW 3 series about 10 yrs ago. It was a torque converter. I could feel the real difference (torque multiplication, crispy & firm transmission).

Anyway, I am in this thread to know more about the factory transmission on my car.

Here's the link regarding automatic transmission --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_transmission

I am still confused at the definition of torque converter as it says it's a type of fluid coupling in the first paragraph and then later says it's different from fluid coupling.

So, what is our transmission like?

And our concern should be whether it's really reliable to keep pushing just hard without upshifting manually in the manual mode (at least during the rare occasions when we make opps).

I don't know as I didn't try it yet. Perhaps, it doesn't upshift automatically in manual mode when it hits the limit, which I don't believe is true.
Camaro Mark III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #30
Camaro Mark III

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS, 8Speed
Forgot to mention it!!

Actually, we can change the rev limits with ECU tuning w or w/o a forced induction kit.

With a common sense, I believe our stock model also has a set of different rev limits depending on the drive modes (tour, sport, track, snow).

Btw, my car is as follows.

2016 Camaro 2SS, black, 8 speed automatic, dual performance exhaust, black emblems, painted rims, performance tires.

My impression on this car is awesome! Visibility is fine with the blind zone warning signal on each mirror and rear view camera. I've thought the most serious blind zone is on the driver's side especially when I back the car. The best part of my car is its engine and exhaust sound. Bose audio system is also a sweet addition.

It has three things that I wished on my old car.
1. Head-up display
2. Brembo Brake
3. 450HP

Last edited by Camaro Mark III; 04-04-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Camaro Mark III is offline   Reply With Quote