Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-29-2020, 05:25 PM   #15
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
Sorry to hear about your situation, but others are right, this is the way the people are now, especially certain people.

Since no one appears to have mentioned it, you might consider finding a body shop that will accept cash for a lower cost fix and avoid claiming through your insurance so that your car VIN does not have a CarFax, etc. Accident attached to it.
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:20 PM   #16
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
Maybe use it as an opportunity to upgrade to the new style bumper and tails?
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:08 PM   #17
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Like everyone else, sorry about your s#@t luck.

Years ago and only a few days after I purchased my first brand new car, an older lady in a Buick did her best at ripping my rear bumper off in a feeble attempt to back out of her parking spot. I was young and decided to trust the body shop when they said they could fill and finish my bumper cover “as good as new”. Agreeably I was (and still am), anal with my cars, but did I ever regret that decision. They tried to fill the cover but after repainting the bumper looked faintly like it had a long scar running the length of the damaged area. If it happened to me again and I could swing it, I would opt for a new bumper cover every time. Good luck with it and hope it works out to your satisfaction.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:40 AM   #18
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Anyone know how to setup the pdr so it records everytime they start my car? I don't want them joy riding the thing when I drop it off. They are keeping the car for 3 days.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:30 AM   #19
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Easiest way to do is take a pic of the mileage on your cell phone and then compare the mileage after you get it back!��
Old 02-03-2020, 11:40 AM   #20
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
Anyone know how to setup the pdr so it records everytime they start my car? I don't want them joy riding the thing when I drop it off. They are keeping the car for 3 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Easiest way to do is take a pic of the mileage on your cell phone and then compare the mileage after you get it back!��
Part of the service form requires them to input the mileage when the car arrives too.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:38 PM   #21
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I think I can put it in valet mode and it records everything they do while the car is on. So it could catch them doing dumb stuff like cold revving the hell out if it. The pdr never gets used so I mind as well try it out here.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote