Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-05-2021, 02:46 PM   #57
CRBWS6

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE SCCA FS, 99 WS-6, E46 M3
10-4. If you don't mind, feel free to report back on the fitment.

Also looking at custom ordering a 10mm spacer w/OEM bore plus a flange with the OEM flange outside diameter.

Unless my measurements were not accurate, the hub flange projects 11.5mm from the hub face. Concerned that with the spacer installed, the hub flange would poke out 11.5-10 = 1.5mm potentially interfering with a flange fabricated onto a spacer.

A 12mm spacer would be the safe bet, but I am limited to a 7mm net wheel offset delta per SCCA rules (my MRR wheels are +3mm delta).
Old 10-05-2021, 08:25 PM   #58
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I'm using custom hub centric 5mm spacers with my Apex wheels and really like them.

One side fits the Camaro hub and the other fits the Apex rim

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/4DCGI/wheel_spacers
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:19 PM   #59
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRBWS6 View Post
10-4. If you don't mind, feel free to report back on the fitment.

Also looking at custom ordering a 10mm spacer w/OEM bore plus a flange with the OEM flange outside diameter.

Unless my measurements were not accurate, the hub flange projects 11.5mm from the hub face. Concerned that with the spacer installed, the hub flange would poke out 11.5-10 = 1.5mm potentially interfering with a flange fabricated onto a spacer.

A 12mm spacer would be the safe bet, but I am limited to a 7mm net wheel offset delta per SCCA rules (my MRR wheels are +3mm delta).
I'd be glad to report back and let you know what I do. That is a valid concern and something I didn't consider myself. I'll definitely inquire about it. Car gets alignment tomorrow so finally can take legit measurements and get my spacers ordered.
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:21 PM   #60
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
I'm using custom hub centric 5mm spacers with my Apex wheels and really like them.

This is actually the place I plan to order mine from as well. Good to hear some feedback on them. They're only a few hours from me so quick shipping although not sure turn around time.
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
Old 10-05-2021, 09:28 PM   #61
CRBWS6

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE SCCA FS, 99 WS-6, E46 M3
Quote:

Nice. This is the same place I am looking at. So by "other" side, do you mean the outboard side with a flange with a larger diameter for the Apex wheel?
Old 10-06-2021, 05:51 PM   #62
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Back side fits over the Camaro flange which is 66.9mm and front fits what ever wheel your using which in same cases is not the same as the Camaro oem. Like Apex non-Camaro specific wheels. However you could still use them if your spacer is so thick it cover the stock flange.

Some people just ignore the flange and let the lugs center the wheel. I don't recommend this for street.
Attached Images

carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 07:44 AM   #63
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Some people just ignore the flange and let the lugs center the wheel. I don't recommend this for street.
Your studs and lug nuts are the only things that ever locate the wheels on a car. You can have all the hub-centric wheels/spacers/rings you want, but they aren't what is positively locating the wheel, ever. They just make it easier to mount a wheel.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:58 AM   #64
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Your studs and lug nuts are the only things that ever locate the wheels on a car. You can have all the hub-centric wheels/spacers/rings you want, but they aren't what is positively locating the wheel, ever. They just make it easier to mount a wheel.
Pretty sure he was talking about using hubcentric spacers making it easier to get wheel centered without much concern of it not being perfectly centered.

I've used both over the past 20yrs and unless you're running a small spacer, hubcentric is the only way to go. Absolutely is a must on adapters.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:40 PM   #65
Msquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitereality View Post
Pretty sure he was talking about using hubcentric spacers making it easier to get wheel centered without much concern of it not being perfectly centered.

I've used both over the past 20yrs and unless you're running a small spacer, hubcentric is the only way to go. Absolutely is a must on adapters.
I know that's what he was talking about, but the hub bore does absolutely nothing to locate (center) your wheel on the hub. The tapered lug nuts and tapered seats of the wheels do that by locating the wheel on the studs. The hub bore has nothing to do with it, and it's not nearly precise enough to accurately locate anything, other than to help you keep the wheel roughly in place before you tighten the first lug nut. It's a big myth that hub-centric wheels and spacers are mandatory or even important. Literally tens of millions (at least) of cars and trucks have been produced without hub-centric wheels.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:20 PM   #66
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
I know that's what he was talking about, but the hub bore does absolutely nothing to locate (center) your wheel on the hub. The tapered lug nuts and tapered seats of the wheels do that by locating the wheel on the studs. The hub bore has nothing to do with it, and it's not nearly precise enough to accurately locate anything, other than to help you keep the wheel roughly in place before you tighten the first lug nut. It's a big myth that hub-centric wheels and spacers are mandatory or even important. Literally tens of millions (at least) of cars and trucks have been produced without hub-centric wheels.
Although I think you're right, I still like the idea of hubcentric spacers.

It makes mounting just a tad bit easier. It makes life a little better on our cars with studs. On other cars like my BMW that uses bolts, it helps even more.

My thought is, for what usually is a few dollars more, I'd spring for hubcentric. That said, I do not believe its a safety concern if you don't use them.
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:46 PM   #67
Msquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Although I think you're right, I still like the idea of hubcentric spacers.

It makes mounting just a tad bit easier. It makes life a little better on our cars with studs. On other cars like my BMW that uses bolts, it helps even more.

My thought is, for what usually is a few dollars more, I'd spring for hubcentric. That said, I do not believe its a safety concern if you don't use them.
I agree with everything in this post. And btw, wheel bolts are the spawn of Satan.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:45 AM   #68
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Quote:
Yep, like I said it makes life easier. I see no reason not to get them hubcentric.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:59 AM   #69
Msquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitereality View Post
Yep, like I said it makes life easier. I see no reason not to get them hubcentric.
If they are easily available and similar in cost, sure. That's not always the case. And when we're talking about thin wheel spacers (say 5-10mm), you really can't make them hub-centric to the wheel because the spacer is thinner than the hub's center is tall. People get anxious about that all the time and try to use that as a reason that spacers should not be used. There are plenty of things to worry about in this world, but hub-centricity isn't one of them. That's all I'm saying.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:35 AM   #70
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Quote:
If they are easily available and similar in cost, sure. That's not always the case. And when we're talking about thin wheel spacers (say 5-10mm), you really can't make them hub-centric to the wheel because the spacer is thinner than the hub's center is tall. People get anxious about that all the time and try to use that as a reason that spacers should not be used. There are plenty of things to worry about in this world, but hub-centricity isn't one of them. That's all I'm saying.
Totally agree! I never understood why people get bent out of shape about spacers or adapters of reasonable size. I've never had issues with any I've ran, both centric and non-centric, but I also take my time when running the lug nuts (or bolts in case of Audi) down.

I believe I read some where the front hub is 6-7mm, but never measured mine. I just ordered some hubcentric 10mm spacers from the places above, I expect a little protrusion to the wheel's hub, but unsure exactly how much.