Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 01-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #15
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I finalized my config with Becky Wednesday and was told it will be staus 2000 this coming Thursday with ETA late February or early March.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #16
Brad009

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black on Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Could it not be sooner since they have added the 3rd shift?
I hope so. The issue with my order is my dealer is small and has fewer allocations. That is influencing my order standing at 1100. I don't think he has an allocation to commit, or my order is waiting it's turn behind others from that dealership.
Brad009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #17
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad009 View Post
True. I understand things like that can happen but there is nothing any of us can do about that. Unless you work with the general manager at the dealership, you will never know the entire truth. I stay in touch with my sales person and check the status of the order myself. That is about all I can do right now. Once the dealer commits an allocation, its a round downrange, so to speak. Right now I am waiting on them to pull the trigger.
There IS something you can do about that. Get the workbench order like Glen said. Becky had mine to me the day I ordered with instructions to look it over. It showed status 1100 - Preliminary Order Accepted. This means my order is in the system and awaiting allocation. Check it!!! Mine was missing an option (totally my fault, NOT becky's.... I sent the wrong description), but we caught it before it even went to allocation.

You say you're checking status yourself. Unless you're seeing these workbench reports, what are you using for the status?

Trust, but verify.

(and, I'm constantly reminded how fortunate I was to see Becky's influence here... )
Old 01-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #18
Brad009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
Explain what exactly this "3rd shift" is? Could I be expecting the car sooner?
Chevy recently added an entire third shift to the production line for the plant building the Camaro. Previously they only had two shifts. A shift = 8 hours of work. Three shifts equates to running the plant 24 hours a day due to increased demand or high hopes on their part. It's good news for us.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #19
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad009 View Post
Chevy recently added an entire third shift to the production line for the plant building the Camaro. Previously they only had two shifts. A shift = 8 hours of work. Three shifts equates to running the plant 24 hours a day due to increased demand or high hopes on their part. It's good news for us.
I see, thanks for the information!
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #20
Brad009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post
There IS something you can do about that. Get the workbench order like Glen said. Becky had mine to me the day I ordered with instructions to look it over. It showed status 1100 - Preliminary Order Accepted. This means my order is in the system and awaiting allocation. Check it!!! Mine was missing an option (totally my fault, NOT becky's.... I sent the wrong description), but we caught it before it even went to allocation.

You say you're checking status yourself. Unless you're seeing these workbench reports, what are you using for the status?

Trust, but verify.

(and, I'm constantly reminded how fortunate I was to see Becky's influence here... )
Thanks, for the information. I was just checking the status number online via Chevrolet.com chat. I'll contact the dealer and check the workbench order ASAP.
I appreciate the advice.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:56 PM   #21
BFella

Just called my salesmen, he said he "Doesn't have access to her systems" referring to the girl who actually places the orders for the Camaro's.

He seems hesitant to keep me updated, he said "You know there really won't be a lot of updates"

I told him "Well I would like to give you good reviews on the survey when the car is delivered, so I just want a lot of communication"

He still seemed very hesitant, what should I do?
Old 01-16-2016, 06:01 PM   #22
FlightSoftware

BFella, sure sounds like he doesn't want you to see how long it takes him to get it ordered.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:05 PM   #23
FlightSoftware

BFella, you could always order through Roger's Chevy and have them deliver to your dealer. Maybe see what Becky can do for you on price, and then cancel your local order. And she moves a lot of cars, so always seems to have allocations available.

(Not affiliated, just one of many happy customers on this forum.)
Old 01-16-2016, 06:09 PM   #24
BFella

Quote:
BFella, you could always order through Roger's Chevy and have them deliver to your dealer. Maybe see what Becky can do for you on price, and then cancel your local order. And she moves a lot of cars, so always seems to have allocations available.

(Not affiliated, just one of many happy customers on this forum.)
Is there anyway she can get ahold of my dealership and see what they're doing/when they plan on ordering? Everything is set in stone and I have a good price plus trade in offer and the rest is being paid in cash when the car is delivered. I just want to be kept up to date, but he seems as if he doesn't know what he's talking about. :/ frustrating, to say the least.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:12 PM   #25
FlightSoftware

At least get the order number (look on the one Glen posted... it's in the upper right area). Becky will need that to track it. And then you can ask nicely on the status thread: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251

Becky's awesome. She'll give you the status updates your dealer should be giving you even though you aren't buying from her. In fact, it'd be funny if you kept calling your guy to let him know every time status changes, since he's apparently unable to do it himself.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #26
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
That's why I never leave the dealership when I'm negotiating or consummating a deal without meeting the general sales manager or the working sales manager. Every time you are sequestered with just a salesman you get a lot less information. They're making a couple thousand off you.....go meet them. No emails, no phone calls , do it face-to-face.

This doesn't need to be confrontational, I really get along with every dealer that I bought a car from.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:17 PM   #27
BFella

Quote:
At least get the order number (look on the one Glen posted... it's in the upper right area). Becky will need that to track it. And then you can ask nicely on the status thread: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251

Becky's awesome. She'll give you the status updates your dealer should be giving you even though you aren't buying from her. In fact, it'd be funny if you kept calling your guy to let him know every time status changes, since he's apparently unable to do it himself.
I don't even have the damn order # from him yet. He said he can't order until Tuesday's and Thursday's. This is one of the biggest dealerships in Arizona and they have huge allocations and get the new cars first, always.

Idk what to do, he seems annoyed with me.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:23 PM   #28
FlightSoftware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
I don't even have the damn order # from him yet. He said he can't order until Tuesday's and Thursday's. This is one of the biggest dealerships in Arizona and they have huge allocations and get the new cars first, always.

Idk what to do, he seems annoyed with me.
I think Becky said it's down Monday (holiday?).

Personally, I wouldn't worry about his feelings. Go in Tuesday and get an order number or a reason why they won't give it to you.