Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-18-2019, 09:09 PM   #15
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
This thread was necro-bumped. That was an much older statement made by machine. I believe he only had a "canned" tune at that point, and has since gotten a custom tune.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:14 PM   #16
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
This thread was necro-bumped. That was an much older statement made by machine. I believe he only had a "canned" tune at that point, and has since gotten a custom tune.
But his post was only 3 months ago!
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:16 PM   #17
protovack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
his post was just 3 months ago, that custom tune must have been a massive improvement.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #18
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
That came off kind of harsh Lol. At that time I just had the canned tune and I was thinking, if I were to do it all over again, I would have tackled everything but the engine first. Like suspension, short shifter, cooling, body modifications ect. I do love my car and the way it's set up now. Just a lot of money, time, blood, sweat and tears into it.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 04-18-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #19
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
his post was just 3 months ago, that custom tune must have been a massive improvement.
Custom tunes always make a significant improvement over canned tunes. It's the many little adjustments your specific car get in a custom tune that add up.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:11 PM   #20
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Custom tunes always make a significant improvement over canned tunes. It's the many little adjustments your specific car get in a custom tune that add up.
Mine was a night and day difference.
Attached Images

RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Old 04-19-2019, 11:22 PM   #21
protovack

is that vs your canned tune or stock? Any downside to that low end torque? Does it seem like it dies off too much high in the rpm range?
Old 04-20-2019, 01:13 AM   #22
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Well they are farther ahead then what ZZP is offering to customers I'll give Trifecta that.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 04-20-2019, 01:21 AM   #23
Start The Machine

That's the dyno tuned vs. canned tune.

Zero downside to that toque coming on early and strong. It's explosive and feels like it never let's up. The car is simply awesome to drive with that torque and horsepower curve. It's exactly how I want it.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:24 AM   #24
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Well they are farther ahead then what ZZP is offering to customers I'll give Trifecta that.
I've heard so many complaints about ZZP. Never once did I consider going with them for their tune... Lol
Old 04-20-2019, 02:30 AM   #25
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
I've heard so many complaints about ZZP. Never once did I consider going with them for their tune... Lol
Well when someone drives 11 hrs. for an in house dyno tune with full bolt-ons and walks out with barely 270whp and 290wtq when your running the heavily modded and prototyped record setting car there's a fundamental issue if everyone else across all the different dyno setups is running more.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:14 PM   #26
Arctic_turbo
Colossus_2.0

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 LTG turbocharged
What's up guys , does anyone have the Zzperformance 67m throttle body and charge pipe ?
Arctic_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:49 PM   #27
Arctic_turbo
Colossus_2.0

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 LTG turbocharged
What up ! So I finally dynoed colossus and got it tuned by Matt Sorian @ MS Tuning so this is what they pulled 287/rwhp 388/rwtq
Mod list- zzp catless downpipe,zzp cold air intake,zzp 67mm throttle body,zzp oil catch can,zzp HD intercooler and charge pipe set up,Mishimoto 3” axle back quad exhaust,zl1adons wicker bill, 1le front splitter,20x9.5” front and 20x10.5” rear staggered Marquee wheels ,4 piston front Red Brembos,
Arctic_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:09 PM   #28
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_turbo View Post
What up ! So I finally dynoed colossus and got it tuned by Matt Sorian @ MS Tuning so this is what they pulled 287/rwhp 388/rwtq
Mod list- zzp catless downpipe,zzp cold air intake,zzp 67mm throttle body,zzp oil catch can,zzp HD intercooler and charge pipe set up,Mishimoto 3” axle back quad exhaust,zl1adons wicker bill, 1le front splitter,20x9.5” front and 20x10.5” rear staggered Marquee wheels ,4 piston front Red Brembos,
Where's the dyno graph?