Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #43
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Looks like you may be in luck. I had my car tuned by Vince, the owner of Trifecta here in WA state. He did an absolutely incredible job on my tune. We spent a lot of time together dialing in my tune on their dyno exactly how I wanted it. I highly recommend checking this shop out that's local to you.

http://www.trifectatuningottawa.com

You are also local to Turbo Parts Canada. They support our cars as well. Not sure about tuning though.

https://www.turbopartscanada.ca
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 04-18-2019 at 12:13 AM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:03 AM   #44
Mr.meangreen

Drives: Krypton green 17 Camaro ls 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
If you think there is even a remote chance that doing your own tuning on your own car is in your future, your best option would be buying the mpvi2 and finding a good remote tuner that doesn't lock your tune. {They are out there.} You will save money in the long run, and create a much more personal car.

If not, Vermont is an excellent option. I ran Brian@Vermonts tune for a good while, before doing my own tuning. No complaints what so ever. If I didn't have the option of tuning my own car, I would go back to Vermont.
For sure it's gonna be dynoed someday when I can find somebody that knows the car ,but for now I can't find someone not to far. I can harlder find parts around here . What do you mean by remote tuner ? It's what I was saying , sending tune and logs by email ?
Mr.meangreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #45
Mr.meangreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Looks like you may be in luck. I had my car tuned by Vince, the owner of Trifecta here in WA state. He did an absolutely incredible job on my tune. We spent a lot of time together dialing in my tune on their dyno exactly how I wanted it. I highly recommend checking this shop out that's local to you.

http://www.trifectatuningottawa.com

You are also local to Turbo Parts Canada. They support our cars as well. Not sure about tuning though.

https://www.turbopartscanada.ca

WOW that would be great, I see on the website they have locations around ottawa and even montreal, but I can't find any address yet. With trifecta I only need the ezflash cable and a laptop right. If yes , I Guess I could just get your guy in WA to send me your tune.

Turbopartscanada is good place to know but they only sell turbos.

Last edited by Mr.meangreen; 04-18-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:45 AM   #46
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.meangreen View Post
WOW that would be great, I see on the website they have locations around ottawa and even montreal, but I can't find any address yet. With trifecta I only need the ezflash cable and a laptop right. If yes , I Guess I could just get your guy in WA to send me your tune.

I'm not gonna knock trifecta here but your better off buying your own MPVI2 getting a cheap laptop and having any of the other tuners help remote tune your car if your not getting to the dyno. Reason for this is trifecta and if you go efilove with vermont for flex fuel use proprietary software which means your at their mercy now brian @ vermont is a good guy and fairly quick to adjust for new mods. Trifecta has a history that i won't let die. With your own HPTuners MPVI2 setup you can use almost any tuner including vermont. It takes a little more startup money and a little more tuner startup conversation but is well worth it in the long run if your intending to race your car or do seriois modifications at all.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:08 AM   #47
Mr.meangreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I'm not gonna knock trifecta here but your better off buying your own MPVI2 getting a cheap laptop and having any of the other tuners help remote tune your car if your not getting to the dyno. Reason for this is trifecta and if you go efilove with vermont for flex fuel use proprietary software which means your at their mercy now brian @ vermont is a good guy and fairly quick to adjust for new mods. Trifecta has a history that i won't let die. With your own HPTuners MPVI2 setup you can use almost any tuner including vermont. It takes a little more startup money and a little more tuner startup conversation but is well worth it in the long run if your intending to race your car or do seriois modifications at all.
Oh ok, I get it .Really, I don't plan to race it. I mostly look into a safe street build that won't make me say '' oh it's just a 2.0t ''. it'll take a couple years probably before I go all in and make crazy power with it. I'd stick with ( caltess dp/drop in filter with mishimoto induction hose/jac fab valve/ tune) If i could get just to the point I can see shame in the eyes of a couple stang guys I'd be happy lol..

I already have a good laptop with hptuners software installed, a usb/obd2 cable cant do the job ? I Have to use the mpvi2 ?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #48
Start The Machine

Quote:

Yes, that is correct. They will give you their EZ Flash obd2 cable that connects to your laptop. I really like the software they use. It doubles as a diagnostic tool if you need to scan and clear out CEL's. You can permanently disable codes as well I.E. cattless downpipe, boost a lator, ect. Make sure you purchase their "elite" package for the dyno tuning and continued support after the tune.

They never have their address on their website for some reason. They obviously tell you where their location is after you make contact with them.

Not sure what mods you have? My tune was specific to my mods. The biggest difference being the JacFab/BNR Recirculation Valve (boost a lator). I don't think it would hurt to try it out though. My tune is also toned down a little for tracking the car. My biggest concern was reliablity and not blowing up the stock pistons and rods over extended periods of "abuse". If it was just for the street, I'd turn it all the up Lol.

Turbo Parts Canada makes a sweet ass turbo upgrade for our cars. I would stop by there and check out their shop just for fun.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Old 04-18-2019, 12:06 PM   #49
Mr.meangreen

Quote:
Yes, that is correct. They will give you their EZ Flash obd2 cable that connects to your laptop. I really like the software they use. It doubles as a diagnostic tool if you need to scan and clear out CEL's. You can permanently disable codes as well I.E. cattless downpipe, boost a lator, ect. Make sure you purchase their "elite" package for the dyno tuning and continued support after the tune.

They never have their address on their website for some reason. They obviously tell you where their location is after you make contact with them.

Not sure what mods you have? My tune was specific to my mods. The biggest difference being the JacFab/BNR Recirculation Valve (boost a lator). I don't think it would hurt to try it out though. My tune is also toned down a little for tracking the car. My biggest concern was reliablity and not blowing up the stock pistons and rods over extended periods of "abuse". If it was just for the street, I'd turn it all the up Lol.

Turbo Parts Canada makes a sweet ass turbo upgrade for our cars. I would stop by there and check out their shop just for fun.

Okay.. so if I understand good , going with trifecta locks your ecu and only them can play with the tune after, but with the elite package I can always do modification to the tune with them after.

It may be a stupid question , but would the ez flash cable work with hptuners on my laptop ? i'm trying to find the cheaper way to go, I was looking at cables on amazon but it looks like its for specific vehicule. is that not just a cable with one usb end and a obd2 at the other end ?
Old 04-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #50
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Has to be there cable. Won't work with any old cable setup.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #51
Start The Machine

They don't lock your tune. They don't lock your ECU. You can revert back to stock whenever you want.

Yes, with the elite package you can re-tune again whenever you get new mods.

I don't know if their EZFlash cable will work with HP Tuners. I highly doubt it.

You need to figure out if you are going to run e85? If so, remote tune with Vermont.

Not running e85. Dyno tune with your local Trifecta shop.
I'm pretty sure every Trifecta shop experience is different. I happen to have an amazing tuner and shop close to me. Get in touch with them, ask questions, go by and check out their shop, ask more questions and go with you're gut feeling.

I personally wouldn't by the HP Tuner suite. It's expensive and you really need to know what your doing. I'd save the money for the actual tune and leave it to the experts.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #52
Mr.meangreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Has to be there cable. Won't work with any old cable setup.
even mpvi1 ? I think my buddy have one. if it works I guess I can buy some credit for his
Old 04-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #53
Mr.meangreen

Quote:
They don't lock your tune. They don't lock your ECU. You can revert back to stock whenever you want.

Yes, with the elite package you can re-tune again whenever you get new mods.

I don't know if their EZFlash cable will work with HP Tuners. I highly doubt it.

You need to figure out if you are going to run e85? If so, remote tune with Vermont.

Not running e85. Dyno tune with your local Trifecta shop.
I'm pretty sure every Trifecta shop experience is different. I happen to have an amazing tuner and shop close to me. Get in touch with them, ask questions, go by and check out their shop, ask more questions and go with you're gut feeling.

I personally wouldn't by the HP Tuner suite. It's expensive and you really need to know what your doing. I'd save the money for the actual tune and leave it to the experts.
I'll go on 93 probably ,i'll try to contact them in ottawa and might give it a try! Still have to make the decsision between that and hptuners

if I ever wait to tune it and run it with boost o lator, mishimoto induction pipe, catless dp, drop in k&n is it gonna damage my car or I just won't get max of the mods performance and cel (which I can probably disable with a high end scan tool )
Old 04-18-2019, 02:40 PM   #54
Start The Machine

Quote:
I'll go on 93 probably ,i'll try to contact them in ottawa and might give it a try! Still have to make the decsision between that and hptuners

if I ever wait to tune it and run it with boost o lator, mishimoto induction pipe, catless dp, drop in k&n is it gonna damage my car or I just won't get max of the mods performance and cel (which I can probably disable with a high end scan tool )
You will not damage your car in any way. I was driving around for a while completely bolted on with everything. The CEL the boost a lator throws is not harmful in any way and does not affect performance. If you have the ability to disable the code, by all means, do it. The cattless downpipe will throw a CEL that you need to disable as well.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:13 PM   #55
Mr.meangreen

Quote:
You will not damage your car in any way. I was driving around for a while completely bolted on with everything. The CEL the boost a lator throws is not harmful in any way and does not affect performance. If you have the ability to disable the code, by all means, do it. The cattless downpipe will throw a CEL that you need to disable as well.
Good to know Thanks !!
Old 05-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #56
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Finally installed mine. Prior to installation, I was maxing out around 20.4 psi boost. After installation I read 22.8 psi during a short test. Feels quite a bit peppier at lower RPMs.

Why the hell doesn’t it come from the factory like this?! What a mod.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote