Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-14-2016, 11:35 PM   #15
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Dyno numbers look a bit high for a "stock" camaro...makes me skeptical of the over all dyno
We have alot of confidence in the testing performed by JDP. But like everyone else, we're excited to see more 3rd party dyno numbers. To my knowledge, no other CAI has gained power over stock in a 3rd party test.

I will do my best to relay dyno sheets as we receive them.

Thank you for your interest,
Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #16
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Dyno numbers look a bit high for a "stock" camaro...makes me skeptical of the over all dyno
Its important to remember all dyno's are differant. Other factors that impact results are things like elevation, temperature, etc. The important value to look at is the delta from stock to stock+bolt-on.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:24 PM   #17
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
Its important to remember all dyno's are differant. Other factors that impact results are things like elevation, temperature, etc. The important value to look at is the delta from stock to stock+bolt-on.
For everyone's knowledge, testing took place the same day, on the same car, with the hood closed.

Thanks for your interest!
Michael
Old 10-18-2016, 03:30 PM   #18
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
Focus on the deltas. This is not meant to ruffle feathers at all but it would be ideal if shops would use a second shop as opposed to just JDP. The issue with JDP is their elevation. Yes the dyno corrects to an extent but it can't correct for the elevation effects on the the ECM calibration. It is not an apples to apples comparison with cars much closer to sea level.

Tim
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:07 PM   #19
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Just to give a little credence to the amount of testing Roto Fab does, I met with someone from them here in Phoenix so he could test fit the SS Sedan intake on my other car. While he was here he popped the hood on his Camaro SS to show me the pre-production unit they were testing and it had thermos and probes all over it taking all sorts of measurements for his laptop. He made it clear to me that they weren't going to release it until they had every bit of data they could get and were able to show actual gains out of their product. I believe them when they make a statement about what kind of gains they have seen.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:21 PM   #20
TSloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Just to give a little credence to the amount of testing Roto Fab does, I met with someone from them here in Phoenix so he could test fit the SS Sedan intake on my other car. While he was here he popped the hood on his Camaro SS to show me the pre-production unit they were testing and it had thermos and probes all over it taking all sorts of measurements for his laptop. He made it clear to me that they weren't going to release it until they had every bit of data they could get and were able to show actual gains out of their product. I believe them when they make a statement about what kind of gains they have seen.
That attention to detail is what separates outstanding products from mediocre products. Mediocracy sucks.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:34 AM   #21
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
I should be testing one on Saturday if it shows up on time. Car will be tuned and slightly modded before the Roto-fab goes on. Same day and time testing on a DJ 248 if I can squeeze it in. If I get it done I will post up the results. I will be taking it to the track the following day as well.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:10 AM   #22
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
I should be testing one on Saturday if it shows up on time. Car will be tuned and slightly modded before the Roto-fab goes on. Same day and time testing on a DJ 248 if I can squeeze it in. If I get it done I will post up the results. I will be taking it to the track the following day as well.
Looking forward to the results! If possible, log your AFR for all runs. Catalyst Overtemp Protection has occured on a few occasions on the dyno, which will skew results in relation to the real-world performance. If AFR drops to 10-11:1, COT protection has likely been enabled. We see consistent AFRs ranging from 12.2-12.4:1 on the road.

I'm excited to see what your testing shows!

Michael
Old 10-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #23
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Looking forward to the results! If possible, log your AFR for all runs. Catalyst Overtemp Protection has occured on a few occasions on the dyno, which will skew results in relation to the real-world performance. If AFR drops to 10-11:1, COT protection has likely been enabled. We see consistent AFRs ranging from 12.2-12.4:1 on the road.

I'm excited to see what your testing shows!

Michael
I log everything. I have made adjustments to the Cat tables that will hopefully keep it out of COTS no matter what. Unfortunately just disabling cat protection doesn't seem to work anymore. At least not on C7Z's.

I am going to dyno baseline again, then tune the stock car, then add my bolt ons and tune again, and then add your CAI and tune again. I am going to set the fuel and timing for each phase to what ever gives me the best numbers. I will probably throw my 160* T-stat back in that night to keep temps in check. But all testing will be done at stock ECT's. Then the next day to the track with decent weather if all goes according to plan.

I am assuming the CAI is about a 10-20 min swap? I ordered it Monday so fingers crossed it gets here.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #24
TSloper

Quote:
I log everything. I have made adjustments to the Cat tables that will hopefully keep it out of COTS no matter what. Unfortunately just disabling cat protection doesn't seem to work anymore. At least not on C7Z's.

I am going to dyno baseline again, then tune, then add my bolt ons, then tune and then add your CAI and tune again. Then the next day to the track with decent weather if all goes according to plan.

I am assuming the CAI is about a 10-20 min swap? I ordered it Monday so fingers crossed it gets here.
COTS disable works fine on the SS. You can also set the min max enrichment to 1.00. That will net the same effect.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:35 AM   #25
Roto-fab 1

Quote:

I am going to dyno baseline again, then tune the stock car, then add my bolt ons and tune again, and then add your CAI and tune again. I am going to set the fuel and timing for each phase to what ever gives me the best numbers. I will probably throw my 160* T-stat back in that night to keep temps in check. But all testing will be done at stock ECT's. Then the next day to the track with decent weather if all goes according to plan.

That sounds awesome! Shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes to switch out. Do you plan to put some road miles on the car with the CAI before hitting the dyno?

Michael
Old 10-19-2016, 11:52 AM   #26
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
COTS disable works fine on the SS. You can also set the min max enrichment to 1.00. That will net the same effect.
Thanks brother. I will have you look over my tune if you don't mind to see if I missed anything. I bought credits on my guys HPT to hit the table I don't have with EFI Live so we can extend the MAF curve and hit the needed adjustments for the T-stat. Not to happy about spending $225 in license fees but I will chalk it up to tuition.

For some reason just disabling it in the C7Z didn't do what it was supposed to do. I was watching the dyno afr and making corrections and not looking at the commanded AFR. I didn't notice till later that it was kicking in when I had time to go back over the logs.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:54 AM   #27
TSloper

Quote:
Thanks brother. I will have you look over my tune if you don't mind to see if I missed anything. I bought credits on my guys HPT to hit the table I don't have with EFI Live so we can extend the MAF curve and hit the needed adjustments for the T-stat. Not to happy about spending $225 in license fees but I will chalk it up to tuition.

For some reason just disabling it in the C7Z didn't do what it was supposed to do. I was watching the dyno afr and making corrections and not looking at the commanded AFR. I didn't notice till later that it was kicking in when I had time to go back over the logs.
One other note... if you disable COTS with the disable switch it will also prevent DoD from working. This is by design. So if you want DoD just change the factors to 1.00 and leave it enabled.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:55 AM   #28
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
That sounds awesome! Shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes to switch out. Do you plan to put some road miles on the car with the CAI before hitting the dyno?

Michael
I plan on not unstrapping the car for testing purposes. I want everything to be as apples to apples as possible. I will give it some run time on the rollers but that won't be enough time for the Long Term trims to kick back in. I will log what they are stock and get them back to that in the end. WOT AFR is what it is. I will have the WB on it at the track and the trims will have settled back in by then so I will be able to adjust to ensure there is no trim adding to the final fuel numbers at WOT. I hope that made sense.