Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-29-2019, 11:57 PM   #29
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
In my experience with a stock M6 LTG, there is turbo lag, absolutely. But it doesn't bother me. Its just the character of the engine. What you pay for in turbo lag, you gain a huge kick in the pants when the turbo does kick in, which is more peak torque than the V6 is able to produce at any rpm. The 2.0T is like a highly specialized tool--its all about 3000-5000 rpm. The M6 is a double edged sword. If you're not paying attention, you will fall below the boost range fairly frequently. BUT, having full manual control of the gearing also allows you to plan ahead when going into corners, in such a way that you in fact do stay in the boost range, which, I feel like is much more difficult in the auto.

Last edited by protovack; 03-30-2019 at 12:32 AM.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:00 AM   #30
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Someone should get me their M6 file. I can look for the problem.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #31
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Someone should get me their M6 file. I can look for the problem.
Unfortunately I'm a wimp and too concerned about warranty to have a tune and get you a file, otherwise I would. But if you get one, absolutely please post results. My mind is always subject to change...
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:54 PM   #32
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
I have some m6 files I can share but I don't really feel that there is a lot of lag. Either that or I'm just used to it.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:15 PM   #33
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
I have some m6 files I can share but I don't really feel that there is a lot of lag. Either that or I'm just used to it.

I would definitely agree there shouldn't be any "turbo lag" on the M6. Looking back on my BONE stock baseline run, just mashing the gas from a stop was producing almost 10psi before 2MPH. Thats half the available boost on a stock tune. OFC, with the different OS, and even PCM's on these, its hard to say. That's why I need files, and will take the files you have.

(You already know my INFO send em over bro!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Unfortunately I'm a wimp and too concerned about warranty to have a tune and get you a file, otherwise I would. But if you get one, absolutely please post results. My mind is always subject to change...
, you can easily retrieve your file if you know anyone with an HPT device. Or even if you know someone with EFI live, you can read and save your file for free without impacting any sort of warranty.
There is a good chance you will need to send in a support ticket for your 19 OS

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:49 AM   #34
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Just sent you an email Coop.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 02:49 PM   #35
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Well this is exciting.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #36
Austin_504

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
In my experience with a stock M6 LTG, there is turbo lag, absolutely. But it doesn't bother me. Its just the character of the engine. What you pay for in turbo lag, you gain a huge kick in the pants when the turbo does kick in, which is more peak torque than the V6 is able to produce at any rpm. The 2.0T is like a highly specialized tool--its all about 3000-5000 rpm. The M6 is a double edged sword. If you're not paying attention, you will fall below the boost range fairly frequently. BUT, having full manual control of the gearing also allows you to plan ahead when going into corners, in such a way that you in fact do stay in the boost range, which, I feel like is much more difficult in the auto.
The A8 is fun as hell thru corners. The shifts are definitely quick enough if you're just trying to have fun and not break records. That said I have also hit the rev limiter bc of the physical paddle/shifter activation time when in manual mode, and the time it takes to the shift to register
Old 04-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #37
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_504 View Post
The A8 is fun as hell thru corners. The shifts are definitely quick enough if you're just trying to have fun and not break records. That said I have also hit the rev limiter bc of the physical paddle/shifter activation time when in manual mode, and the time it takes to the shift to register
Exactly why I won’t use paddle shift, I have become accustom to “performance shift mode” where as I can short shift or run the gear out to my liking with pedal manipulation.

Hey Coop, Can you see the trans parameters for “performance shift mode” and do you think the paddle “lag” could be tuned out as well as the other “lag” we have been talking about.
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:12 PM   #38
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by man0steel View Post
Exactly why I won’t use paddle shift, I have become accustom to “performance shift mode” where as I can short shift or run the gear out to my liking with pedal manipulation.

Hey Coop, Can you see the trans parameters for “performance shift mode” and do you think the paddle “lag” could be tuned out as well as the other “lag” we have been talking about.
I actually mentioned to this to Coop the other day and I think we came to the conclusion that it is more a hardware issue than software issue causing the paddle delay. I have combated this with getting used to flipping the paddle about a half second earlier than normal, no big deal. I also can say I didn't expect a base model to have a space age paddle gearbox.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:19 AM   #39
Austin_504

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
I actually mentioned to this to Coop the other day and I think we came to the conclusion that it is more a hardware issue than software issue causing the paddle delay. I have combated this with getting used to flipping the paddle about a half second earlier than normal, no big deal. I also can say I didn't expect a base model to have a space age paddle gearbox.
Yeah, I've gotten pretty good about shifting early for the rpm I want to shift at too.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:30 AM   #40
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
That looks like the "shift" to me (pun intended)
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #41
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
Quote:
Originally Posted by man0steel View Post

Shift requests are done over the CANBUS, not directly wired to the transmission. It's impossible to change the time it takes for a shift request to be delivered to the transmission. However there are many elements in the TCM that you can change to make the shift happen faster once the shift request has been delivered.
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote