Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-13-2021, 01:50 PM   #10501
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Took me about 20 minutes, you have to reach over the exhaust with a short philips, I was able to do both (with some cussing) without removing anything else... One screw on each reflector...
This is why I haven't done this mod, looks difficult.
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:35 PM   #10502
sgtkersh

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Vert
Had the GM Performance exhaust installed on our 2019 2SS Vert. It sounds really sweet. I picked it up last month when GM had a sale making it comparable to the Borla exhaust price wise. It really livens up the sound, but not crazy bad. Sounds more like a muscle car now!
sgtkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 03:14 PM   #10503
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
My 2016 RS "visited" an old relative when I parked it next to a 1968 RS at the shop that's working on my 2021.

The 2021 had a test fitting for my "unrefresh" project. The hood will also be swapped, but that's the one part we know will fit!
Attached Images

Last edited by The Maverick; 07-13-2021 at 06:30 PM.
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 03:16 PM   #10504
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Looks great, now you just need the smoker rear reflectors to complete your look!
https://www.phastekperformance.com/H...ero-6-6srr.htm
Quote:
Took me about 20 minutes, you have to reach over the exhaust with a short philips, I was able to do both (with some cussing) without removing anything else... One screw on each reflector...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
It really isn't bad at all, just have to lay down and have some patience... I think it took me all of 20 minutes and I was aggravated because I was laying in the hot sun... The little bit of effort was definitely worth the end result...

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 03:21 PM   #10505
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
It’s not the easiest, but use some electrical tape and tape the screws to the end of your screwdriver to prevent them from falling off. (Old electricians trick)
2017 2SS F1FTY/HUD/Mag Ride/NPP/Nav/M6/Mishimoto catch can/BTR stage 2 Cam kit/GPI ported LT2 IM and 95mm TB/Roto Fab CAI/Kooks Long Tubes ceramic coated/Borla S Type NPP catback/AFE lowering springs/1LE wheels/OEM smoked tail lights/Diode Dynamics side markers/Uniden R7/3D Maxpider floor mats/Adams graphene ceramic coat
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:24 PM   #10506
69-SS396

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Unhappy Sad day...

After 22 glorious months, and 5000 miles … sold it.

Tough decision, but the crazy used car market and what Vroom was willing to pay, I let her go. The money will be used to build a new garage, I need the space more than I needed the Camaro. They’ll be time for another 1LE down the road.

I’m sorry to say I never got a chance to track the 1LE but it offered just as many smiles on the road. Great memories of the 500 mile road trip home, blasting around with my teen age son and enjoying a sports car how God intended, with an American push rod V8 and a manual transmission.

Everything I read about the 1LE before I bought it was true. A budget supercar that could almost do it all. The 2SS package w/sunroof made it a comfortable road car and the capabilities in the corners far exceeded my limits. Was it perfect, no, but the positives outweighed the negatives.

If Chevy ever decides to build a 7th gen my wishes are probably like everyone else’s, more trunk room, better visibility (yes I learned to live with it but I’d prefer more), and more rear seat room. If Flyin’ Miata can shoehorn an LS into a ND Miata and BMW can give a M2 more rear seat room and a bigger trunk than the Camaro, GM can figure out how to make a package work in a car this size. Everything else was just right. (Well maybe add the LT2 intake and 500hp stock).

A few notes and tips to future 1LE owners. Get rock guards and Xpel the rear quarters. If not, the front tires will rock blast your rear quarter panels. It’s worth the expense. Also ditch the damn sound tube. I took it off after I bought the car and reinstalled before I sold it. After putting it back on I realized how obnoxious the noise was under throttle.

Whoever buys it will get an immaculate, we’ll cared for, garage kept beauty. If you’re ever on here, if you haven’t found it yet, look under the floor in the trunk. All of my docs, window sticker, service and gas logs are in the yellow binder. Enjoy.

69-SS396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:04 PM   #10507
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-SS396 View Post

Tough decision, but the crazy used car market and what Vroom was willing to pay, I let her go. The money will be used to build a new garage, I need the space more than I needed the Camaro. They’ll be time for another 1LE down the road.

I’m sorry to say I never got a chance to track the 1LE but it offered just as many smiles on the road. Great memories of the 500 mile road trip home, blasting around with my teen age son and enjoying a sports car how God intended, with an American push rod V8 and a manual transmission.

Everything I read about the 1LE before I bought it was true. A budget supercar that could almost do it all. The 2SS package w/sunroof made it a comfortable road car and the capabilities in the corners far exceeded my limits. Was it perfect, no, but the positives outweighed the negatives.

If Chevy ever decides to build a 7th gen my wishes are probably like everyone else’s, more trunk room, better visibility (yes I learned to live with it but I’d prefer more), and more rear seat room. If Flyin’ Miata can shoehorn an LS into a ND Miata and BMW can give a M2 more rear seat room and a bigger trunk than the Camaro, GM can figure out how to make a package work in a car this size. Everything else was just right. (Well maybe add the LT2 intake and 500hp stock).

A few notes and tips to future 1LE owners. Get rock guards and Xpel the rear quarters. If not, the front tires will rock blast your rear quarter panels. It’s worth the expense. Also ditch the damn sound tube. I took it off after I bought the car and reinstalled before I sold it. After putting it back on I realized how obnoxious the noise was under throttle.

Whoever buys it will get an immaculate, we’ll cared for, garage kept beauty. If you’re ever on here, if you haven’t found it yet, look under the floor in the trunk. All of my docs, window sticker, service and gas logs are in the yellow binder. Enjoy.

Wow, that is VERY cool of you to leave for the new owner, VERY cool!
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:34 PM   #10508
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Wow, that is VERY cool of you to leave for the new owner, VERY cool!

Kinda like when the departing President leaves the letter in the desk for the next one.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:41 PM   #10509
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

When you think of it you can get an LT1 for 34k. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and 1/4 mile times 11.9 to 12.3 that's pretty impressive. Just 12 years ago that was supercar speeds.

My 2016 2ss the interior also isn't bad for an American Car. leaps ahead of the Mustang. No reason at all the Camaro isn't selling better. A possible sub 4 second car for as low as 34k.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:47 PM   #10510
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Woke up to a flat tire. I'm going to air it up tomorrow and see if it can be repaired.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:26 AM   #10511
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
When you think of it you can get an LT1 for 34k. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and 1/4 mile times 11.9 to 12.3 that's pretty impressive. Just 12 years ago that was supercar speeds.

My 2016 2ss the interior also isn't bad for an American Car. leaps ahead of the Mustang. No reason at all the Camaro isn't selling better. A possible sub 4 second car for as low as 34k.

So what do you think the reason the other pony cars are vastly outselling the Camaro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:42 AM   #10512
69-SS396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
So what do you think the reason the other pony cars are vastly outselling the Camaro?

The main reason is marketing. Ford's marketing of the Mustang and it's history, performance, etc. crushes GM. If you are not a Camaro fan, most wouldn't know this car exists.

Secondary are the little things I mentioned, trunk room, visibility, and rear seat room compared to the Mustang. While the performance value for me was more important, for others, they'll take a slight hit in performance to gain in those areas, which improves day-to-day usability.
Old 07-15-2021, 05:54 AM   #10513
69-SS396

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Kinda like when the departing President leaves the letter in the desk for the next one.

The binder had none of my personal contact info but I figured a new owner would at least want the window sticker, the service records (not much, but I did the diff and oil changes myself), and a record of the small add-ons. If they are a data geek like me they got my fuel log also.

I also left a personal note and my email address in the owner's manual if they ever have any questions. Didn't want to leave that out in the car since there was a chance Vroom would throw it out. It will be interesting to see how long and if anyone contacts me.

2 days later, still questioning my decision but that may pass once the garage gets started. You guys have been a great forum/family. Learned a lot about the Camaro and enjoyed all the stories.

BTW - I have some upgrades I pulled off the car that will be going in the classifieds soon.
Old 07-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #10514
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Quote:

The binder had none of my personal contact info but I figured a new owner would at least want the window sticker, the service records (not much, but I did the diff and oil changes myself), and a record of the small add-ons. If they are a data geek like me they got my fuel log also.

I also left a personal note and my email address in the owner's manual if they ever have any questions. Didn't want to leave that out in the car since there was a chance Vroom would throw it out. It will be interesting to see how long and if anyone contacts me.

2 days later, still questioning my decision but that may pass once the garage gets started. You guys have been a great forum/family. Learned a lot about the Camaro and enjoyed all the stories.

BTW - I have some upgrades I pulled off the car that will be going in the classifieds soon.
We'll be on the lookout in the Members Classified section for the goodies. She was/is a beautiful car and I'm sure she'll be missed. Best luck with the new garage / venture...
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote