Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-17-2017, 11:10 PM   #57
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
February (Preliminary Information Bulletin) ... #PIC6256 - Intermittent Pull Or Hard Steering While Driving
Yea, that worked all of about 20 minutes after I left the dealer today. :(

It's nothing outrageous but its highly annoying when it does happen.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:28 PM   #58
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post

What exactly did they do in service?
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:03 PM   #59
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post

I'm having the same issue and sent a PM to the GM sponsor on the site to see if they have any thoughts on the issue. I'll report back if they reply back to me. Definitely needs fixed
Old 03-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #60
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
What exactly did they do in service?
They did the relearn for the angle sensor. I'll post the work order in a bit
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:09 PM   #61
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
At least it seems a bit more subtle of an occurrence for you fellas. I had it go completely ape shizzle on me and it didn't go away until 10 seconds after I turned off the car - which was a full 2 minutes of driving the car off track. It was like a poltergeist in that it didn't stop spazzing out even after turning off the car AND ignition.

All the things I've read and comparing it to my situation, I feel it is related to the ability to stiffen the steering feedback in the ZL1. Computer code funk. I believe this because mine was so much more dramatic than the SS's I've read about and I know how heavy the steering can be when switching to race mode on the steering selection. Something went wonky and it felt like it was stuck between program options. Like you're fighting a real strong servo that doesn't know which way to turn. So it does BOTH!
Old 04-05-2017, 05:37 PM   #62
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
So I brought my car to my dealer on Monday, and told him that the steering is off so they did a alignment on it. Turns out the camber and toe where off on front left and rear right, probably from factory as I only have 46XXkm's on her so far so it was no cost to me.
Now it feels weird having the steering wheel actually straight as I was used to the angle to the left lol. If you guys are still having issues with it pulling I'd ask for a re-alignment. I was lucky with my dealer since they didn't charge me anything.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #63
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
So is there no permanent fix yet? Just that temporary one? It still working? Any updates?

Had the same issue for a while now. My steering wheel never sat off to the left before. It always is tilted that way. I've had multiple alignments and they've checked things and their latest fix was to put 38 pounds in the left two tires smfh. They don't see anything wrong they said the tires are balanced fine etc they claim. Well it never did this before so something's up!!! Happy I'm not alone!!
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:14 PM   #64
drew.87

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Glad I found this thread. I have been having the same issues. It started at 998 miles. I swore my car was pulling to the left then the right. Glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully they will get a fix soon
drew.87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #65
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Probably going to bring my car in for service next week for scheduled warranty maintenance. Going to try and get this taken care of, at least temporarily. Will update sometime next week. If there are any updates from now til then, post up!

Thanks

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #66
NY Andrew

Keep us updated. Waiting to see more before I do the same.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:15 AM   #67
whiskeyfed
Pat

UPDATE (not good news)

So i brought my car in for scheduled maintenance yesterday and made it a point to let them know this is happening. On my drive there it was pulling right so I walked in there, head high knowing that i shouldn't get the "could not replicate" answer. After service, they told me they drove it around (I did not ride in the car ), and what do you (explicative) know, the good ol "could not replicate" description under the service.

Technician said he visually inspected my suspension, etc. and said everything was perfect.... I called his bullshit but he still insisted that it was fine, he even had another person look at it.

To try and solve this, they:
- Rotated Tires,
- Checked tire pressures,
- inspected suspension,
- test drove.
- did not do an alignment because 1. it was too late in the day 2. they said i didnt need one even though i f**kin requested one. They wanted to "save me money"

Swallowed my tongue, walked out, got in my car, and pulled off the lot hoping that it was fixed and/or it only required a tire rotation.
IMMEDIATELY PULLED!!! like, MF'ing immediately! WTF!?

Pulled right the entire way home (i drive in the left lane so pulling right has nothing to do with tramlining, pressures, etc). This morning, it pulled left!!!!

As i am sure you are all in agreement, it is a chore to keep this car in a straight line on the highway when this happens and it is getting very frustrating. I called the dealer last night, very spitefully, and left a message to get back to me. I know i probably should have made a scene, but im not that person.

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 05-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #68
NY Andrew

Did you have them do or bring up that temporary electronic fix? Was gonna bring this up again for the third time with that suggestion, but seems like no ones really having any luck.. you'd think with something as serious as the VEHICLES CONTROLLER they'd fix it..maybe we all need to veer off and hit stuff and sue GM to fix this
Old 05-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #69
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
Did you have them do or bring up that temporary electronic fix? Was gonna bring this up again for the third time with that suggestion, but seems like no ones really having any luck.. you'd think with something as serious as the VEHICLES CONTROLLER they'd fix it..maybe we all need to veer off and hit stuff and sue GM to fix this
Seriously man. I just left work for lunch on purpose to see how it was and it is pretty bad. For a brand new car, like 5000 miles brand new, it should have NO problems. If i had 30000 miles on it and it started pulling like this, id understand. I'm like losing sleep haha. They havent called me back yet btw. If i dont hear from them today, they will be getting a worse message than i left yestrday

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 05-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #70
whiskeyfed
Pat

These GM/Chevy service departments should have accounts on hear to try and research the problem so when I go in and tell them that other people have had this same EXACT problem on the forum (btw i did this), they would know what I am talking about. If only camaro6.com had a service dept.

Tuned by #danytechtuning