Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-21-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
CoeusAscended

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2018
Lowering spring install issue, rear brake line in way

Just wtf is this, on videos and guides, everybody's brakeline is out of the way enough to get a wrench in and undo the outer bolt on the lower control arm yet for some damn reason my car has the brake line LITERALLY going in front of the bolt?! What can I do to fix this, because it is impossible to get out and my frustration is reaching peak levels, on top of that I damaged the stupid line trying to get a wrench in and get the bolt out. Ridiculous engineering!

Anger aside, any help would be massively appreciated cause Im considering just giving up, put the garbage back together and let a shop do it instead.

Edit: doing the inner bolts doesnt work either because there is this weird little arm thingie attached to the trialing arm that doesnt come loose anywhere and its at max range without being able to get the spring out. This is some serious bullshit.

Last edited by CoeusAscended; 09-21-2020 at 08:41 PM.
CoeusAscended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:30 PM   #2
supersportss

Drives: 2019 SS
What company are the springs from?
supersportss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:18 AM   #3
CoeusAscended

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersportss View Post
What company are the springs from?
H&R, issue is not the springs here though because I cant even get the stock ones out due to baffling choice in engineering, brake line blocking the trailing arm bolt and some weird arm (magnaride maybe?) not allowing the inner trailing arm to drop. Fronts went well, ran into an issue that I fixed and they ran perfect after
Old 09-22-2020, 05:14 PM   #4
CoeusAscended

Update, fixed the springs now, I dunno why but there are two Phastek install videos and one shows the magna control and how to remove it while the other doesnt even mention it. Very annoying, but it finally worked out, loosening and removing the inner bolts on the lower control arm is no joke.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:26 PM   #5
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Glad you persevered... Cheers to the success
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:58 PM   #6
supersportss

Drives: 2019 SS
Glad you didn't give up, sometimes I get so pissed the way cars are designed, try and change spark plugs on a 4th gen camaro or firebird. LOL
supersportss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:38 AM   #7
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoeusAscended View Post
...loosening and removing the inner bolts on the lower control arm is no joke.
+1...removing it was the easy part, actually putting the bolt back in was a pain in the ass! I struggled on the right side; stopped due to frustration and worked on the left side; installed it fairly quickly. Went back to the right side and finally got it to go in.

Good job on persevering! I know the feeling
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote