Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 08-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #57
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I think we will see one only if the G8 is brought back badged as a chevy, built in Canada, the Camaro is still putting up huge sales #'s and the Holden coupe 60 is in production. Otherwise there is no way in hell another chevy coupe will be produced.

The coupe 60 is one B/A car though
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #58
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Fail.

You obviously don't know anything about engineering or designing a car, nor have you conducted surveys with focus groups regarding the Camaro. No room to talk.

Well tell me who the hell surveyed for the Malibu or Impala because those cars have been an insult to their names for many years now. Worst body styling ever. It looks like everything else, just like the current/going out impala. Its so sad so see good names like that tarnished by insanely poor body styling...

For example I did like the 2002 Monte Carlo because it tried to look different and it does, you can recognise the car by its tail lights, unlike most vehicles today with the same v trunk with the boring lights they all look mostly the same. Case and point with the G.T.O, I cant believe they did that to the car. Front end was pretty boring but saved by the grill/scoop but the back end was but thats just my opinion.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #59
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Well tell me who the hell surveyed for the Malibu or Impala because those cars have been an insult to their names for many years now. Worst body styling ever. It looks like everything else, just like the current/going out impala. Its so sad so see good names like that tarnished by insanely poor body styling...

For example I did like the 2002 Monte Carlo because it tried to look different and it does, you can recognise the car by its tail lights, unlike most vehicles today with the same v trunk with the boring lights they all look mostly the same. Case and point with the G.T.O, I cant believe they did that to the car. Front end was pretty boring but saved by the grill/scoop but the back end was but thats just my opinion.
Those cars sell over 14,000 units a month. Each.

This is the problem with "car enthusiasts." They're so obsessed with heritage, with making sure that cars "live up to their name," that they completely ignore all the other factors that go into building cars.

To the majority of Americans, the new body style Malibu IS revolutionary styling, a welcome deviation from the camry and accord. Very few people today want their family sedans to look like they can go 120 MPH, rather, they want their family sedans to look more expensive than they actually are. The Malibu is a perfect example of this. European-like styling, smooth body lines, and premium materials are what consumers want in a car now.

And you can design a car to look as pretty as you want, but in the end, sales are all that matter.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #60
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
GM does not have the money and no market exists lot of different models.

Not that it's not a good idea but they have so much on the plate already.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #61
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs up

I agree 100% about the 2000-06 (the 07/08 face-lift sucked ) Monte Carlos, the styling of the car is what made me buy "Monty" in the first place. whoever designed that car was heavily inspired by different 'versions' of the Monte Carlo from the shape of the fender and quarter panel 'creases' that resembled the mid to late 70s car to the upright taillights that look like the came from the late 80s SS coupes. I love my Monte, and would buy another one in a .
Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #62
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Well, the Impala is the best selling car that GM makes so the surveying team must have done something right. And you are correct, the Monte was unique but it was just as much a disgrace to the name as the current Impala or Malibu are, so I'd say you are being a bit hypocritical. It was little more than an Impala coupe.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #63
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
And how much more would they sell if they didn't look like the same over done style...? Thanks.

How is my liking of a car with a unique style being hypocritical? It may be little more than an impala coupe but they actually made it so you can tell what car it is...
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #64
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
And how much more would they sell if they didn't look like the same over done style...? Thanks.
Again, this is why "car enthusiasts" should never be allowed to lead an automaker all on their own.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #65
War Eagle

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, Avanti, 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I hate to continue necro-ing threads, but I'll chime in here: the retro movement is just about puttering out. I don't think that's a bad thing. It reintroduced us to the idea of a car as a style statement. It reinvigorated passion for the car as an object of lust, a thing of beauty, not just an appliance. Now, it is time to take that renewed passion and move forward, designing cars that may not look much like old cars, but are plenty passionate and beautiful.
If all you want is a carbon copy style of the old car, just buy the old car. It will appreciate as a classic anyway. Let modern cars be modern.
You know I think you are probably right. I like the new camaro but my passion was and always will be for the SS Chevelles. My Shelby will be in in another week or so and after I get it home I am going to go ahead and start my hunt for a restored 1967 SS Chevelle. I think though I will try to get one that has a modern engine, suspension components, drive train, brakes etc on the car. I think it will be a much better car with the new components on it. I can remember it was really hard to stop my old SS from high speed, the original brakes just could not get it done.

Can't, afford both the Chevelle and the SS so I guess I will be out of the market for a camaro now. Like you said five or ten years from now the SS Chevelle will also be worth a lot more than a 2010 Camaro. Thanks for your comments.

Steve

Back in a Chevelle after 41 years.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #66
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Too bad the 1970 Chevelle is ugly as hell. Get a 1969 Chevelle and do what Dodge did. Just make it street legal. Make a copy! MAKE IT....NOW!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #67
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
A little rework from a year ago
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #68
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
Too bad the 1970 Chevelle is ugly as hell. Get a 1969 Chevelle and do what Dodge did. Just make it street legal. Make a copy! MAKE IT....NOW!
While IMO the 68/69 look better than the '70, I don't think the '70 is anywhere near ugly, plus you could get the monster LS6 in that car
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:16 PM   #69
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
If they did bring back the Chevelle you would need to do better then what I have seen in this post. The Camaro was done very well and to pull off the look of the Chevelle your going to have to do a lot more work. I would say the 73 Chevelle was the worst and was doomed from there.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #70
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

How is my liking of a car with a unique style being hypocritical? It may be little more than an impala coupe but they actually made it so you can tell what car it is...
You seem to hate the Impala and Malibu because they are a disgrace to the nameplate, yet somehow the Monte Carlo isn't. The original Monte was a 2 door personal luxury coupe which (along with its cousin the Grand Prix) had a massive hood and sculpted body lines. It featured large V8 engines (including the famed 454) and powered the rear wheels. In 2002 the Monte is a fwd V6 whose styling cues were taken from Nascar. Style wise, the original monte wasn't even terribly unique: the profile was esentially the same as a Grand Prix, the front and rear glass were from the Chevelle as was the trunk lid and other parts, and styling cues came from the El Dorado
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote