#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 04-03-2022, 08:44 PM   #127
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
I bought the harness because it was easy. And it was very easy. It also retains the factory seat belt option. I took the occupancy sensor out of the seat and plugged it into the passenger side harness, as well as the seat position sensor. The module is important, if you have memory functions like my 2SS you won't be able to control the mirrors.
Yea so unfortunately I sold my stock seats so all the sensors I don't have access to them. And to go buy all the sensors it just way to expansive. So I have to figure something out especially with my mirrors.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 09:46 PM   #128
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
Yea so unfortunately I sold my stock seats so all the sensors I don't have access to them. And to go buy all the sensors it just way to expansive. So I have to figure something out especially with my mirrors.
Ahh ... Well that's a bummer. Other than a scrap yard I don't know how you'd get anything cheap. People sell factory seats here but they're usually pricey.

Last edited by Baddawg53; 04-04-2022 at 10:37 AM.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:09 PM   #129
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Ahh ... Well that's a bummer. Other than a scrap yard I don't know how you'd get anything cheap. People see factory seats here but they're usually pricey.
Do you happen to have pictures of everything you took out of the oem seats?
Old 04-03-2022, 10:13 PM   #130
Baddawg53

Quote:
I can get you some in a couple days, currently traveling out of state. I'll be putting my roll bar in next week so I'll have it all out of the car.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:39 PM   #131
20Bluezl1

Quote:
I can get you some in a couple days, currently traveling out of state. I'll be putting my roll bar in next week so I'll have it all out of the car.
Thank you it will help going to call some junk yards and see if they can sell the harness. What roll bar did you go with ? How about seats and harness
Old 04-04-2022, 08:38 AM   #132
Baddawg53

Quote:
Thank you it will help going to call some junk yards and see if they can sell the harness. What roll bar did you go with ? How about seats and harness

I have the sparco evo seats, studio RSR roll bar and sparco 6 point harnesses. Brey Krause seat brackets. No sliders because I ordered the car with a sunroof and my helmet hit the headliner.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:08 PM   #133
Baddawg53

Quote:
Here's what's plugged in to my seat harnesses.
Seat position sensor, occupancy sensor, driver's seat module, airbag resistors, and also the OEM seat belts.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2022, 09:48 PM   #134
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Here's what's plugged in to my seat harnesses.
Seat position sensor, occupancy sensor, driver's seat module, airbag resistors, and also the OEM seat belts.
Thank you I'm working with a junk yard to see if I can get all the harness and module. And I saw you posted a link to the resistors that I'll order 2 from.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:23 AM   #135
Wintermute

Drives: 2020 LT1
I swapped my seats + wire harness out and thought It was good to go. Got half way to work and. Popped a "service safety restraint system" message. Any ideas what it could be? I'm using 2 of the resistors that were linked in the thread, maybe they are loose or something? For the occupancy sensor, I kept the pressure bladder attached to the sensor, does this need to be removed?
Old 06-14-2022, 12:13 PM   #136
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I swapped my seats + wire harness out and thought It was good to go. Got half way to work and. Popped a "service safety restraint system" message. Any ideas what it could be? I'm using 2 of the resistors that were linked in the thread, maybe they are loose or something? For the occupancy sensor, I kept the pressure bladder attached to the sensor, does this need to be removed?
Did you also do the passenger seat position sensor? If I remember correctly that sensor triggered the warning light as well. I think you need the 2 resistors, the occupancy sensor, and the seat position sensor for the light to go out.
Old 05-08-2023, 05:31 AM   #137
DPBMMILLER

Drives: 2019 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenkocrew View Post
I decided to swap out my drivers seat for a full blown track setup. I choose the Sparco Alpha vs the Sparco EVO II. The Alpha is a wider seat then the EVO II but the shoulder harness holes are better suited for a lengthy torso individual.

I used the Planted 6th Gen seat mount with OMP sliders. I had to mount the seat directly to the sliders to gain enough head/helmet space since I also have a sunroof making the available height 1" less.

I also wanted to retain all the OE seat belt components as well as keeping the other 9 airbags functional in the car. To do this I striped the Drivers seat harness out and used it as a template to design my own version that only contains the critical wiring for the SRS system. The car is a fully optioned 2016 2SS so seat heater/cooling is removed.

I designed a harness that defeats the airbag light and SRS system keeping the airbags functional.

Currently waiting to install the BK Auto harness bar and rear seat delete kit. Added some pics for those curious. Also thinking about making full SRS delete kits for both driver and passenger seats.

Anyone interested? PM me and if there is enough interest I'll dedicate the time to build the full delete kit or specific driver/passenger options.
I am interested in your wiring harness idea. I have a 2019 SS 1LE loaded (heated/cooled seats) and will be putting a race seat and 5 point seat harness. Would like to have all other airbags function and no dash lights if possible.
DPBMMILLER is offline   Reply With Quote