Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Bigwormgraphix


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2024, 12:40 PM   #15
DemonZL1
199
 
DemonZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: like a granny
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 1,921
I hopped on a 10% off sale over the 4th of July holiday and ordered a whipple 3.0 for my a10 Camaro SS. $7500 into it. I will be pulling off my headers and going back to stock manifolds with secondary cat delete so I can run the whipple tune. It's all inclusive with the supercharger. 550hp at the wheels is what I have been seeing. Not bad for $7500 and I will sell the headers to recoup some $$$

I don't see you getting your numbers without going deep into the engine and you will be well over budget after the converter.
__________________
2024 Silverado ZR2 LZ0 Duramax
2021 Shock SS 1LE A10
www.youtube.com/@DemonWorksPerformance

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 12:50 PM   #16
bessen13
 
Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1le
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonZL1 View Post
I hopped on a 10% off sale over the 4th of July holiday and ordered a whipple 3.0 for my a10 Camaro SS. $7500 into it. I will be pulling off my headers and going back to stock manifolds with secondary cat delete so I can run the whipple tune. It's all inclusive with the supercharger. 550hp at the wheels is what I have been seeing. Not bad for $7500 and I will sell the headers to recoup some $$$

I don't see you getting your numbers without going deep into the engine and you will be well over budget after the converter.
I definitely agree the converter will put him over budget. From what I've seen it looks like at least 2 grand. Other than that though its just heads and cam which can be done for under 5 with no engine work.
bessen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 01:56 PM   #17
DemonZL1
199
 
DemonZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: like a granny
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by bessen13 View Post
I definitely agree the converter will put him over budget. From what I've seen it looks like at least 2 grand. Other than that though its just heads and cam which can be done for under 5 with no engine work.
I'm not seeing it. I do know he said full bolt on, but that has a wildly varying interpretation. Head and cam package without install is at least $4000 and that's going very lean on quality to keep the cost down. It would require a quite large cam and with the A10, impossible to do without a converter, there's another $2000+. MSD intake or similar would be needed and that may or may not be part of the already mentioned FBO. Then a larger throttle body... the numbers are climbing and we haven't touched labor to install or tuning.
__________________
2024 Silverado ZR2 LZ0 Duramax
2021 Shock SS 1LE A10
www.youtube.com/@DemonWorksPerformance

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 02:34 PM   #18
bessen13
 
Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1le
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonZL1 View Post
I'm not seeing it. I do know he said full bolt on, but that has a wildly varying interpretation. Head and cam package without install is at least $4000 and that's going very lean on quality to keep the cost down. It would require a quite large cam and with the A10, impossible to do without a converter, there's another $2000+. MSD intake or similar would be needed and that may or may not be part of the already mentioned FBO. Then a larger throttle body... the numbers are climbing and we haven't touched labor to install or tuning.
Agreed, it is hard to say without assuming stuff. He's doing the work himself so that's the only reason I think it feasible. To me 4500 gets you a pretty damn good heads/cam kit. I got my heads ported by katech for 500 bucks last month. But you are 100% correct about the converter and manifold. He would need a pretty big cam to make 600 with an a10 which means converter. Hopefully he already has an msd and a 103 cause if not that's another 2 grand.

A more realistic expectation with that budget would be 550-570. Throw on an lt2 mani and lt5 thrttole body. Still gonna cost 7k with the circle D though.
bessen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 10:35 AM   #19
DemonZL1
199
 
DemonZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: like a granny
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by bessen13 View Post
Agreed, it is hard to say without assuming stuff. He's doing the work himself so that's the only reason I think it feasible. To me 4500 gets you a pretty damn good heads/cam kit. I got my heads ported by katech for 500 bucks last month. But you are 100% correct about the converter and manifold. He would need a pretty big cam to make 600 with an a10 which means converter. Hopefully he already has an msd and a 103 cause if not that's another 2 grand.

A more realistic expectation with that budget would be 550-570. Throw on an lt2 mani and lt5 thrttole body. Still gonna cost 7k with the circle D though.


100%

$500 for katech to port the heads is a steal ! I didn't realize they were that cheap now.
__________________
2024 Silverado ZR2 LZ0 Duramax
2021 Shock SS 1LE A10
www.youtube.com/@DemonWorksPerformance

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 10:40 AM   #20
KingLT1


 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 6,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
You could run that used blower kit on say 7 psi and just keep your stock fueling. 550-570 WHP all day long.
550-570whp when cold. Soon as it warms up more like 500-520whp because the LT1 won't tolerate the timing it needs to make that power on 93 pump gas when warm. Pump gas and stock fuel system = a weak performing 6th gen with boost.

Take a pump gas LT1 with 7-8psi, they will usually tolerate 15 degrees of timing when cool which equals 550-570whp on average. Soon as MAT climb to around 130, now you are only running 11-12 degrees without KR. That is easily a 30-50whp loss of power being conservative.

Now take the same setup, put a fuel system in it, run E60. It will run 20-22 degrees when cool(90-110 MAT) and 20-22 degrees when hot (140-160 MAT).

Which setup is going to perform better?
__________________
2016 NFG 1SS A8
Options-2SS Leather/NPP
Perf. mods-Whipple 2.9/Fuel System/Flex Fuel/103mm TB/Rotofab Big Gulp/Cat Deletes/Corsa NPP
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 11:09 AM   #21
Joshinator99


 
Joshinator99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Petersham MA
Posts: 4,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
550-570whp when cold. Soon as it warms up more like 500-520whp because the LT1 won't tolerate the timing it needs to make that power on 93 pump gas when warm. Pump gas and stock fuel system = a weak performing 6th gen with boost.

Take a pump gas LT1 with 7-8psi, they will usually tolerate 15 degrees of timing when cool which equals 550-570whp on average. Soon as MAT climb to around 130, now you are only running 11-12 degrees without KR. That is easily a 30-50whp loss of power being conservative.

Now take the same setup, put a fuel system in it, run E60. It will run 20-22 degrees when cool(90-110 MAT) and 20-22 degrees when hot (140-160 MAT).

Which setup is going to perform better?
Absolutely no disagreement there my friend, you already know how I feel about boosting without proper fueling lol!
__________________
2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS A8 Whipple 3.0, Mast Black Label heads, Fore triple in-tank pumps, 112mm TB, LPE +52% injectors, LPE BB HPFP, 15” conversion 1059 WHP/944 WTQ, 9.48@150
Joshinator99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 11:13 AM   #22
KingLT1


 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 6,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Absolutely no disagreement there my friend, you already know how I feel about boosting without proper fueling lol!
Yessir, I know you do but I just want to put this out there for those new to this platform.
__________________
2016 NFG 1SS A8
Options-2SS Leather/NPP
Perf. mods-Whipple 2.9/Fuel System/Flex Fuel/103mm TB/Rotofab Big Gulp/Cat Deletes/Corsa NPP
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 11:22 AM   #23
Joshinator99


 
Joshinator99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Petersham MA
Posts: 4,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Yessir, I know you do but I just want to put this out there for those new to this platform.
Well you were right… I didn’t tell the full truth lol! You get your 550-570 WHP…for one run haha
__________________
2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS A8 Whipple 3.0, Mast Black Label heads, Fore triple in-tank pumps, 112mm TB, LPE +52% injectors, LPE BB HPFP, 15” conversion 1059 WHP/944 WTQ, 9.48@150
Joshinator99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 12:21 PM   #24
GreyGhost702
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS1LE
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Utah
Posts: 114
E85 + N2O if you want cheap power.

Getting to 600whp+ NA without digging into the engine for more cubic inches is going to require you to spin the engine so high I doubt it'll be reliable, but it's possible with the right parts.

Supercharging is a good way to go, but in your budget it'll need to be used kit, and if you're not forging the engine, you'll really want E85 to keep it safe and cool. With the parts you already have, even the base P1SC at 7psi will likely turn more than 600whp. You could save yourself the trouble and just go with a Port Injection kit, but that will likely exceed your budget including a good price on a used blower kit. Either way, you'll need more fuel headroom. LT4 setup + E85. In either case, you'll be upping the risk on rolling dice against your internals. E85 may keep detonation at bay, but torque is force, and RPM is wear over time. IF you want to think about it like that.

As you can see, both NA and FI options come with a varying set of headaches to overcome, and all of the solutions involve more money. On a tight budget, with your power goal, spray is the best option. If you go that route, make sure you understand N2O very well, and you'll be able to apply it safely and effectively without issue. You may become an addict and need your own fill station, which is far more cost effective. I highly recommend a pusher setup. Gets the most out of your bottle, and bottle heaters suck.
__________________
2019 1SS1LE M6 Shadow Grey Metallic
4/2/2024 "Under the Knife..." Build in progress

Previous Rides:
1996 Ford Thunderbird V8 - PI Swapped & Comp Cammed 310whp/330wtq (SOLD 2003)
1991 Ford Thunderbird SC - Ported & Tuned (CEF 2005, SOLD 2005)
2001 Mustang V6 (SOLD 2006)
2008 Mustang GT M5 - Procharger D1SC 440whp/480wtq @8psi (SOLD 2013)
2013 WRX M5 - Cobb Tuned (SOLD 2017)
2014 Focus ST - Cobb Tuned & Re-piped Hot Side (SOLD 2019)
GreyGhost702 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Tags
build, help me, list, n/a, price

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.