Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-02-2017, 08:52 PM   #29
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
Thanks all for the input. I would like to find a used 2016 to knock some of the price off, but it looks like to me they are holding their value very well with 20-30k miles. I can't find any 2016 used from private sellers, at least seller that actually own the car with the title.
I just got my car at 20% off. The dealers up in Michigan had a limited allotment of the discounts and they put them on their high dollar SS Camaros. The dealership I went to (matick Chevy) also has a yellow 2SS convertible with mag ride for sale (at least they did last week).

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:02 PM   #30
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
WAIT...

Are you sure the air BLOWS out of the seats, or does it actually suck the sweaty air off from your body?

I hope its the latter....

This is the best system... you want the air near your body ( which is hot and humid from your body to be pulled away from you... blowing air at it isnt going to pull the moisture away....

This is interesting and I never thought that it could be pulling air away from you... but I'm pretty sure the Camaro system blows ambient air through the seat cushion at your body.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:14 AM   #31
Mrpilotman321

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
So this is my first post here, I'm looking to buy an SS soon and i'm trying to decide on 1 or 2SS.

The biggest deciding factor would be to have the vented seats or not. I convinced myself I wouldn't buy something new without cooled seats since I'm always hot and live in the worst climate ever. Do they actually cool your whole back? I've only ever sat in the ones in the GM trucks. Also what does everyone think about the cloth vs leather?

I think I've decided that the 1LE and NPP options probably are not worth it to me considering their price, I'm not really interested in the handling or breaks. From what I can tell there wouldn't be a huge performance difference in the NPP exhaust either.

Anyone else regret not getting a 2SS?

The vented seats are great. Sure they aren't connected to the AC or anything but when the outside air temperature is 1000 degrees any bit of cool air on your ass feels good
Mrpilotman321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 08:49 PM   #32
Aaronlunada@gmail.com

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Nope

My 2023 ZL1 seats with the vents on still feel like the heaters are on!!! Worst invention ever.
Aaronlunada@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 12:46 PM   #33
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Aaron, you must be having an issue with your cooled seat. I and one other are having the same issue. It's across different models and years. My 2019 zl1 vented seats work for maybe 5 minutes then it just blasts the heat on driver and passwmger side, it used to work. Another on here has an ss, and now you. No one on the forums will help you, as I think it's a very rare case, no one ever responds. Since you're under warranty, could you take it in and have them look at it, and give us an update? I am past my warranty and they charge an arm and a leg to look at anything.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 01:27 PM   #34
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Aaron, you must be having an issue with your cooled seat. I and one other are having the same issue. It's across different models and years. My 2019 zl1 vented seats work for maybe 5 minutes then it just blasts the heat on driver and passwmger side, it used to work. Another on here has an ss, and now you. No one on the forums will help you, as I think it's a very rare case, no one ever responds. Since you're under warranty, could you take it in and have them look at it, and give us an update? I am past my warranty and they charge an arm and a leg to look at anything.
I don't have this problem, but it would seem to have only 2 possible causes:

1) Some kind of cross-wiring short that inadvertently activates the heated seats (I think we have heated seats, but never used them)

2) The air conditioning system is developing an error and putting out hot air at the floor vent level. That hot air is then being picked up by the seat fans.

Pretty easy for you to rule out cause #2 yourself by feeling the air coming from the floor vent when the seats are misbehaving.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 04:47 PM   #35
Camby

Drives: 2023/2SS/1LE/RadiantRed/A10
Hot air coming out of cooled seats? That’s crazy, get that shit checked lol. No, the cooled seats are amazing for swamp ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2024, 07:01 PM   #36
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Cloth seats FTW.
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 10:56 AM   #37
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuZim View Post
Go for a 2SS there are too many amenities to pass up like blindspot detectors, HUD, etc
This. I could not live with a 1SS. And my wife would kill me because she likes her side at 89 degrees, even in summer. While I keep mine at 68.. LOL
That plus all other amenities....
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 08:44 PM   #38
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
This. I could not live with a 1SS. And my wife would kill me because she likes her side at 89 degrees, even in summer. While I keep mine at 68.. LOL
That plus all other amenities....
It's definitely a personal preference thing. I actually like not having most of that stuff as it's extra things I'd never use, so why have the extra weight. The only thing I actually would use is the HUD, which came with the 1LE package anyway.

That being said, I am a little different... I will not use the AC until we basically have a heat wave or something. I prefer just opening the windows, AC is a last resort.
speedyink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 04:48 PM   #39
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
They are OK on my '23 ZL1, where they are standard. But I wouldn't pay extra for them.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote