Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-05-2024, 04:59 PM   #1
bass567

Drives: 2023 2SS Shadow Grey A10 Mag NPP
Where do carmakers sell their cars?

I know this is not 6th gen specific. but I just ran across it on the web and I wanted to share it with you guys. A very interesting graphics, I think.

Chevy (Actually GM, they mean, I believe) is the least "global" in terms of sales. Although GM is the biggest maker for the LatAm exports -- twice as big as the next biggest one (Nissan and VW). At least relatively speaking, as the chart does not reveal the production numbers per make.
Attached Images

bass567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 07:55 PM   #2
Germansheperd1

Drives: 2024 LT1
Good read
Germansheperd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 05:25 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Hard to know whether Chevy was used to represent all of GM as not every brand that a manufacturer offers is actually available in every country. Honda, for example, doesn't sell under the Acura moniker in Australia (or, at least they didn't for a long time). Additionally, GM isn't a "brand".

The lack of Chevy representation in Europe also means that this chart is old. GM did not sell the there from 2017-2022 but brought Chevy and Cadillac there for the 2023 model year. And prior to 2017, they sold there under the Opel brand (primarily?) but exited that market when the sold that off.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 08:39 AM   #4
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Not sure who the "they" are referenced in the OP, but not listing Buick in China makes that chart (and presumably "their" article) meaningless and useless if you're going to talk about GM sales.

Just another day on the internet ... garbage in garbage out.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 09:10 AM   #5
Evergreen6
Banned

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Maybe post a source so those of us who don't actually trust everything we see on the internet can evaluate the quality of information being shown.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 03:15 PM   #6
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Maybe post a source so those of us who don't actually trust everything we see on the internet can evaluate the quality of information being shown.
https://posts.voronoiapp.com/automot...er-Sales--1648

Source of the source: https://uk.motor1.com/news/710597/au...rket-analysis/
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 05:11 PM   #7
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
GM has tried fervently over the years to make it work in Europe and they just can’t. Part of the problem is the size of their roads. I know the general consensus is that Europeans prefer small cars but much of that is out of necessity - there’s a lot of Europeans who LOVE big American cars with huge engines, they just literally don’t fit in those small town streets. Only on the major thoroughfares through large cities and on their open highways.

That and GM won’t build manual transmissions - a MUST for the European market!!!

They failed with Opel, Saab, and Vauxhaul.

I just watched a video of an American family renting the “largest Volvo SUV they could find” because they have an Explorer here back home, and the dang thing got almost jammed in a street in Italy

Ford is very successful in Europe because Henry Ford opened Ford UK shortly after he founded the company in Dearborn. So the company was well educated in European needs

I can’t tell you how much I’d love to see GM do a sporty SUV that’s CRV sized - but with great driving dynamics and a stick shift.

I was in Scotland in 2022. Walking through Edinburgh I liked peering into the cars and SUVs to see their transmissions. I do not exaggerate- everything had a manual. Even the Range Rovers and Volvos!!.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 05:22 PM   #8
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Remember, GM had Opel and Vauxhal brands in Europe for many years. Sold to Peugeot I believe. Bringing other GM brands to Europe has been problematic.

Also GM abandoned India years ago as well.
Yes you’re correct I made the edit in my post.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 09:06 PM   #9
bass567

Yes, I saw it on Visual Capitalist. It is a pretty credible data site, IMO.
Thank you, Bumbleboy, for responding before I could...
Old 07-06-2024, 09:18 PM   #10
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Chevy 0% in Europe, huh, go figure

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 09:34 PM   #11
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass567 View Post
I know this is not 6th gen specific. but I just ran across it on the web and I wanted to share it with you guys. A very interesting graphics, I think.

Chevy (Actually GM, they mean, I believe) is the least "global" in terms of sales. Although GM is the biggest maker for the LatAm exports -- twice as big as the next biggest one (Nissan and VW). At least relatively speaking, as the chart does not reveal the production numbers per make.
It seems that this chart is a comparison of BRANDS not CORPORATIONS. Both Hyundai and Kia are represented here. They are brands of the Hyundai Kia Group (along with Genesis). They are only looking at some of the most popular brands and it’s not clear how they decided which brands to include and which to exclude. GM considers Chevrolet and Cadillac to be the “global” brands, even though they are not actually available globally. Buick is regional to China and North America (but not Mexico). GMC is regional to North America.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 11:03 PM   #12
bass567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
It seems that this chart is a comparison of BRANDS not CORPORATIONS. Both Hyundai and Kia are represented here. They are brands of the Hyundai Kia Group (along with Genesis). They are only looking at some of the most popular brands and it’s not clear how they decided which brands to include and which to exclude. GM considers Chevrolet and Cadillac to be the “global” brands, even though they are not actually available globally. Buick is regional to China and North America (but not Mexico). GMC is regional to North America.
These are very good points. I will try to see if this is just a shortened version of a longer, more comprehensive and detailed breakdown.

It is definitely interesting to understand how the corporations allocate their strategy among the various brands.