Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Best laid plans......

Two days ago I was going to clean my car, do paint protection and get CQuartz on it. I got a late start and wasn't organized. By the time I got started, I didn't have time to finish everything. I did the the car cleaned really well and clay barred. At that point, it was getting dark, so I just dried it. I knew the next few days were going to be nice, so I figured I'd drive it to work, and then, on my next day off, do a quick detail and continue with where I was.

So I drove to work, where the car was parked overnight. Today, I finished work and went back to my car, to find this......

I'm not sure what it is, but it's plant material. There's some weeds that are about 4' tall behind where I had my car parked. I'm pretty sure this stuff came from those plants. Don't know what it is, but it's freaking all over my car. I'm hoping it comes off easily.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:02 PM   #2
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Better plant based than exploded can of foam that it looks like!

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:07 PM   #3
Yippee38

It actually looks like a toilet paper bomb, but that wouldn't have been on the roof and hood.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:51 PM   #4
Yippee38

Today I discovered upon looking closer in the light that this was hydroseeding material. One of my coworkers said he's seen those guys applying it all around work lately. So some douchebag did this on purpose. Strangely, they barely got the BMW 3 series, M-works next to me. So somebody was jealous of my car, but not the BMW.

Luckily, it washed right off. Still pissed me off though.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:56 PM   #5
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
Today I discovered upon looking closer in the light that this was hydroseeding material. One of my coworkers said he's seen those guys applying it all around work lately. So some douchebag did this on purpose. Strangely, they barely got the BMW 3 series, M-works next to me. So somebody was jealous of my car, but not the BMW.

Luckily, it washed right off. Still pissed me off though.
I thought that looked f***ed up. Are there any security cameras around? That's unacceptable. I'm sure it caused some scratching and swirling.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:11 PM   #6
Yippee38

No. No security cameras. It's in a secure area though. I could complain, but it would be a city of Chicago employee I suspect, so it would be a waste of time.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #7
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
No. No security cameras. It's in a secure area though. I could complain, but it would be a city of Chicago employee I suspect, so it would be a waste of time.
Well you have better self-control than me! If you need any advice on cleaning it up or polishing, hit me up.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #8
Yippee38

A friend of mine was at work today and got the name of the company. Gonna contact them and the department of the government that employs that contractor.