Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-04-2019, 09:53 AM   #1
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Drives: ‘17 Krypton Green 1LT
Good all-season tires?

My tread on the factory Goodyear’s on the 20 inch wheels are getting low, I probably have till the end of the year till they get too low. What are your guys recommendations? They need to be all-season as I live in NJ and we go through all the seasons. Thanks!
cKurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
I've always rolled with Continental Extremecontact Sports. They've been excellent dry and wet weather tires for me and loved the Conti extremes on my motorcycle too. Never let me down. However these are best in the lower states as they are not recommended for cold climates. The Conti DSW 06 are a northern tire alternative. I believe Michelin Pilot sports rank top notch also along with Nittos. Those are pretty much top 3 among many charts
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I had good luck with Firehawk A/S tires year round in new hampshire. You really are better off getting a seperate winter set.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #4
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
OP: Are you running Run-Flats on your 20's and intend on keeping them or not? May change the choices. W/O run flats I would say Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ and Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 are solid choices. Or would you prefer running a separate set of tires for the summer and a separate set of dedicated winter tires (honestly the best way to go)?
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:54 PM   #5
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cKurmaro View Post
My tread on the factory Goodyear’s on the 20 inch wheels are getting low, I probably have till the end of the year till they get too low. What are your guys recommendations? They need to be all-season as I live in NJ and we go through all the seasons. Thanks!
I live in northwest NJ and went with the Continental DSW06 tires. So far so good. Today we were burning up the Blue Ridge Parkway in the dry and the tires also performed well in the rain.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:01 PM   #6
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
General AS-05 for me.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:15 PM   #7
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Drives: ‘17 Krypton Green 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post
OP: Are you running Run-Flats on your 20's and intend on keeping them or not? May change the choices. W/O run flats I would say Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ and Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 are solid choices. Or would you prefer running a separate set of tires for the summer and a separate set of dedicated winter tires (honestly the best way to go)?
I’d rather just stick with all-seasons, as these stock ones handled great in the winter.
cKurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote