Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Ceramic thermal coating

Has anybody here gone the route of ceramic coating certain engine components? My thought is: with increasing boost and performance through mods, temps are going up across the board. I'm wondering if mitigating that extra heat would help out with long-term reliability and perhaps even performance (to an undetectable level, I'd imagine).

I've ordered a catted DP through ZZP and when it arrives I'm considering sending it out to be ceramic coated. This would keep temps in the engine bay down a bit, and increase the temperature inside the downpipe. This could have some positive air flow effects...I'm just not sure whether it'd be worth it or not.

Anybody try this?
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:01 PM   #2
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Has anybody here gone the route of ceramic coating certain engine components? My thought is: with increasing boost and performance through mods, temps are going up across the board. I'm wondering if mitigating that extra heat would help out with long-term reliability and perhaps even performance (to an undetectable level, I'd imagine).

I've ordered a catted DP through ZZP and when it arrives I'm considering sending it out to be ceramic coated. This would keep temps in the engine bay down a bit, and increase the temperature inside the downpipe. This could have some positive air flow effects...I'm just not sure whether it'd be worth it or not.

Anybody try this?
Yes, this has been discussed on here before. Some people swear by it. I'm sure it helps to some degree, how much is the question. If you've got the extra money to burn, go for it.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Yes, this has been discussed on here before. Some people swear by it. I'm sure it helps to some degree, how much is the question. If you've got the extra money to burn, go for it.
I was trying to find a thread on it...but it looks like I can get it done for around $100.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
Any updates on your pipe or chip? Seems its been since I got on here you were promised a mod from racechip. Also if noone was aware theres another company doing these too. heres the link right now its just the pedal box but camaro i am told is in the works.

https://www.chiptuning.com/us/chevro.../pedalbox.html
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #5
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
Any updates on your pipe or chip? Seems its been since I got on here you were promised a mod from racechip. Also if noone was aware theres another company doing these too. heres the link right now its just the pedal box but camaro i am told is in the works.

https://www.chiptuning.com/us/chevro.../pedalbox.html
Still haven't received my GTS back from RaceChip. They did refund my $499, though, and will be giving it to me for free for dealing with this delay. Each week though it seems to be "7-10 days" more. I'm not confident that I'll ever get it back, but at least their service team is answering each week when I ask. I'm not in any rush for it, since they refunded the money. If they get it right, it'll be worth it.

The downpipe is currently out being coating. I'm looking forward to that.