Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-08-2019, 08:30 AM   #15
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
I would be one to disappoint EB. I was hoping to break through 6's and 14's last night but no go. Others where also complaining of wet traction at the strip. The new NKGs did settle down the perceived ping. I am really curious about whats going on inside so I hope to look into logging at some point soon.
Haha NED prep is so hit or miss it's sad. I'll be there June 19th if you want to get a few traditional data logs. Getting out of 14s shouldn't have been an issue for you however i don't know your full setup and I'm still very skeptical on the true effectiveness of the racechip at the track.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:00 PM   #16
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
I know for sure its the mid pipe resonator that's holding back the power. There is a very very noticeable difference. I know for sure that I like the car better with the quiet touch for around town, its a sacrifice of performance at the competition level, its not all that bad around town. I am looking in to various variable exhaust options. Yes it does mean that much to me. On the stock mid pipe it was see ya later fast. I don't have the boost in the mid rpm any more. I am definitely doing a zzp catted DP, and either a custom cut out or a verax by xforce exhaust,, havet really decided. So at the track it will run on just resonator. I have asked them to totally confirm its a camaro LTG setup. havent heard back. This is the LTG setup. I don't think our cars will fit a straight setup like this. Their site at xforce has an angled option, I am hoping it just a marketing snag here at summit. If the true product is a straight barrel then I would obviously look to a slide in tube to shut the perforation tubes manually on another less expensive muffler option. I know there is a name for it I just havent gotten that far yet.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/xfo-s0013
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:21 PM   #17
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
That's interesting it actually should fit not sure myself 100% this one looks more and more appealing wish they jad a sound clip to go with it.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #18
wookwook

this is the bbk manually operated one..

Old 06-20-2019, 02:11 AM   #19
SS_AL

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS l4 turbo
I did the whole gtr-xls setup,I dialed it up to 7 to see what it would do, and around 5,000 rpm had a bad miss, I guess the octane rating(92)wasn't sufficient, the setup was a breeze to install, just wondering if anyone dynoedtheir car with it in race mode and the throttle control maxed
SS_AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:57 AM   #20
wookwook

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554780

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=543628&page=3
Old 06-21-2019, 08:05 AM   #21
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_AL View Post
I did the whole gtr-xls setup,I dialed it up to 7 to see what it would do, and around 5,000 rpm had a bad miss, I guess the octane rating(92)wasn't sufficient, the setup was a breeze to install, just wondering if anyone dynoedtheir car with it in race mode and the throttle control maxed
Yeah, this is a known issue with the RaceChip. The miss happens when not at WOT. RC is working on new software and upgraded firmware currently. I'd suggest getting in touch with their service team and send the GTS back to be reprogrammed.

XLR is fun though, isnt it?
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #22
wookwook

On this front, I also have gotten hp scanner to log spark retard. For the more seasoned out there I'm getting about 2 to 3 degrees on the hot side of my setup (rc 5/6) of retard and I can hear the knock as its being logged. Looking around the webs its claimed that less than 5 doenst present a clear and present danger. That is why I am almost pushing the buy button on the AES M/W injector. But this is at track level. My DD setting of 4 is good. Also in the fwiw category, on these cool foggy port city mornings, I could swear pinging is reduced by just by reckoning. I dont usually carry my laptop with me....

I only ever had problems with the GTS...... Get a RS and SET IT ON 4 - Until you know what you are doing. That gonna get you close enough to an email ecu tune to get started on what the car is about. my 2cents.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #23
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
On this front, I also have gotten hp scanner to log spark retard. For the more seasoned out there I'm getting about 2 to 3 degrees on the hot side of my setup (rc 5/6) of retard and I can hear the knock as its being logged. Looking around the webs its claimed that less than 5 doenst present a clear and present danger. That is why I am almost pushing the buy button on the AES M/W injector. But this is at track level. My DD setting of 4 is good. Also in the fwiw category, on these cool foggy port city mornings, I could swear pinging is reduced by just by reckoning. I dont usually carry my laptop with me....

I only ever had problems with the GTS...... Get a RS and SET IT ON 4 - Until you know what you are doing. That gonna get you close enough to an email ecu tune to get started on what the car is about. my 2cents.
Hey bud, since your set up with logging in HP, you could add some channels in there to log. Thinks like KR , and miss fires would be good if your not already. You can actually log that on each cylinder. But, there's a bunch of stuff you can log too try and see what's pulling timing, and why.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:46 PM   #24
wookwook

OK. I think I found my street dyno mojo. It's a pretty good incline whereabouts will not be made public for obvious reasons. lol. Here is a youtube clip, If I knew how to just plaster it here and save you the click, I would, but ya gotta just poke the link, I sped up the replay. Any suggestions welcome.

Stock ecu, race chip on 5/6 it has the issue i am focusing on, KR. I made a lame attempt to start on AFR, clues welcome. JacFab, Borla mid resonator, RC on 5/6, (race mode).

I made this cause by the time most of you guys catchup I will be sporting a new ZZP catted DP, HAH!.

conclusion: jacfab: and I qualify this as totally none scientific and in no way should my interpretation be meant as a qualified answer! I think it has benefits - Just like all the other bolt ons if they work in harmony and in total balance. MINE is a work in progress, and should be taken with a gain of salt!

But +10 on tq and +10 on HP. Interestingly, it appears at first look that the same roll off point occurs at 4K rpm. This comparison is compared on a completely different system. I have no scale or anything to judge whether the roll off is slower or faster. Other measures Ive done indicate that roll off is significantly reduced. But by tomorrow that ship has sailed and I'm on to Exhaust.

Also interesting is that I had the pedal pinned from the start, and it was electronically metered until WOT at where ever it shows.

For those new to dyno like I am, this is a pull in 4th gear, a technical 1-1 ratio to the wheels.

Its a 10 second clip, enjoy. 311 tq 265 hp - I guess I will say "After the Transmission" for lack of better understanding where the sensor actually resides.

https://youtu.be/Wf6DxXH-QGo

Last edited by wookwook; 06-21-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:16 PM   #25
wookwook

EB- lets connect at some point I would love to get some pointers, I think these hp files can be transferred. I just wish I could find the most direct route to the KB i need w/o sitting for hours on random video sessions. I guess thats what makes those who do this for a living worth their time and effort.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:17 AM   #26
SS_AL

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS l4 turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Yeah, this is a known issue with the RaceChip. The miss happens when not at WOT. RC is working on new software and upgraded firmware currently. I'd suggest getting in touch with their service team and send the GTS back to be reprogrammed.

XLR is fun though, isnt it?
Just wondering if RC will upgrade my GTR since it has been 2 months
SS_AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:56 PM   #27
wookwook

If it were me, I would go for replacement under the warranty- which I kind of did already. They don't want bad press and seem to be accommodating. You are the third person, which is 3 for 3 that has reported a fault with the GTS on US camaro. They sold half a million of these but I am pretty sure its mostly in the european market and for turbo bmws. The they have a big tax on displacement across the pond, so turbo is where its at over there, gm/camaro is a low priority business wise, but they seem like they are trying to expand to the US market.

Look - I AM a Racechip user. This isn't the first gaff I have uncovered from non-US market products trying to scoop up US business by trying to cross reference similarities that aren't actually compatible. The devil is in the details. The RS is confirmed problem free and works as advertised for the US Camaro, I posted a bunch of stuff on this fact already. If it was a problem I would say. Believe that. The RS will deliver more than the recommended safe boost and advance on stockish cars. The only reason you would need 7/7 on the GTS is because of some idea that higher is better. Why wouldn't they just sell 7 chip and call it a day? Because you NEED to match the setup of your car. And a stock car will NOT be in "TUNE" with this 7 setting on 93 octane. period. Once I figure out topping off RS on 5/6 I will be on to 6/6. Its that's even possible with out exotic fueling options. At least that's the plan. Use the FOUR -4- setting like it says in the installation guide with either the RS or GTS to start. If it cuts out ONCE, send it back and try the RS.

Just fuel for thought we may be seeing race fuel at the pumps before too long.

https://www.autonews.com/article/201...as-new-regular

https://autowise.com/high-octane-gas...-us-gas-pumps/

dated May 11, 2019.

Last edited by wookwook; 06-24-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:14 PM   #28
18i4m6

Drives: 2018 I4 M6
I love this detailed racechip info, I only want the GTS over the RS for the bluetooth feature, I'm okay with the 4 setting for better DD performance, but it would be nice to turn it up remotely for times when you really want to play.

Having a stable upward setting to turn to is most important though. I'm sure we can dial them in over time and racechip tech support input.

Tinted/blackout paint everywhere/debadged
Catted Mishimoto downpipe
Mishimoto CAI
MBRP V6 axleback exhaust
Jacfab/BNR Boostolator
Racechip RS
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's

Onstar tracking removal - pending
18i4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote