Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-20-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
My dyno chart

I was just really curious about the effect of the borla midpipe resonator on my car. I really got the acoustic result I was after, even better than I was expecting. It was that nagging question about what it did to the turbo efficiency I just wanted to know. I also have a KN drop in filter, oh yeah and the racechip gts. That is where I took the comp from its why their chart is used here. I am not even at the rank amateur level of understanding all the ins and outs quite yet. But I can read a chart, lol.

My RC GTS is set on 6 of 7 backed it off because of ping. My chart has the highest rounding/smoothing for dynojet at 5 you can see. The RC chart seems to have less smoothing owing to the peak shapes. Always here ya'll go, for your edification. If you ask me questions I probably cant give an answer, I didn't pepper the tech with questions that would make me look like the noob I am. Its SAE corrected. Anyways I don't think I could have built a better curve if I set out to do it on purpose. Torque seems to peak earlier and stay flatter, but again it could be computer rounding at play. Maybe a very mild amount of back pressure has a fringe benefit after all? The dyno guy (Alex) said my car dropped right off at 5500k. Makes me wonder what the Jacolator valve would add.. maybe next experiment. Thoughts?

Using the popular 15 percent drive train loss factor for M6 puts it right about 300 hp and 355 tq at the crank.
Attached Images

wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:06 AM   #2
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Wook, lets see an updated chart with the BOL. Also, try running 93!
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
wookwook

dude I've been running 93. since the first tankful. I have since gotten HP Scanner to give a reasonably close replica of a $125 dyno, so its pretty much paid for itself. I am just picking at as I go but I just learnt how to work the graphing window to get a larger and better display that should work side by side. its a work in progress. I will get to it hopefully post something this weekend. tomorrow at 8:30 I go to add the zzp catted DP. This is stuff I normally like to do but I am extremely busy at the moment residing my house.

so i owe you 2 charts.. I haven't forgotten.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
dude I've been running 93. since the first tankful. I have since gotten HP Scanner to give a reasonably close replica of a $125 dyno, so its pretty much paid for itself. I am just picking at as I go but I just learnt how to work the graphing window to get a larger and better display that should work side by side. its a work in progress. I will get to it hopefully post something this weekend. tomorrow at 8:30 I go to add the zzp catted DP. This is stuff I normally like to do but I am extremely busy at the moment residing my house.

so i owe you 2 charts.. I haven't forgotten.
You owe nothing, but I do appreciate it!
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #5
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
I had similar results with an intake, catless DP and a muffler delete. I'd say for what it is that ain't bad, atleast u got your warranty.
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:33 PM   #6
wookwook

good info. what seat of the pants says is that the racechip boost and my midpipe ( the anti-muffler delete) cancel each other out. so in terms of actual field performance my car performs like stock numbers. But... it gets complicated because I do my measuring at the strip and there's another pandoras box. there is a definite penalty to be had with street tires on the strip. I am just saying, I don't bank on my incremental tests at the strip but they are a good reference. I am gonna try working the clover leaf ramps during off hours to see if I can spot a repeatable "test" on-ramp that will give reliable logging numbers. If and when the stars align I am scoping variable exhaust and strip/track rubber. I have an old set of bmw rims kicking around. bmw have the same bolt pattern.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:31 PM   #7
wookwook

jac-fab, catted dp, RC RS, 6510 @.0275, midpipe resonator.

295 hp, 315 tq
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2019, 07:06 PM   #8
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Nice Wook!! I see your torque number in hptuners virtual dyno is very close to your actual torque on the dyno. That's good. I also see you configured a custom math for your horsepower in hpt. Very good! What you can do, is add a multiplier to your custom horsepower math to bring it closer to your actual dyno numbers. Then, any modifications you make in the future, should show pretty accurate interpretations of real world gains. This becomes useful as dyno time is expensive!

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:15 PM   #9
wookwook

Thanks for the kind encouragement. These are the current rear wheel numbers. I have the Dyno compatible graph on another post and because of another convo lol. By area of interest is the top end knock retard. Kind of fishing for info if you know what I mean. So which is to say. This is after the mods from the earlier test model. So this is today's graph. Exhaust free flow has vastly proved things. Now, how to take a given set point, and finish off the last bit of trouble. The red KR peaks. In the lower graph.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:10 AM   #10
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
Thanks for the kind encouragement. These are the current rear wheel numbers. I have the Dyno compatible graph on another post and because of another convo lol. By area of interest is the top end knock retard. Kind of fishing for info if you know what I mean. So which is to say. This is after the mods from the earlier test model. So this is today's graph. Exhaust free flow has vastly proved things. Now, how to take a given set point, and finish off the last bit of trouble. The red KR peaks. In the lower graph.

Yeah, I see that. These engines do pick up KR pretty easily. But its usually under high load, low boost situations. I would be mildly concerned about it at the top end of WOT. How many degrees of KR do you get? Its kind of hard to distinguish if the racechip is manipulating some signals in that graph. Timing and boost #'s seem off. I'm not familiar enough with what the racechip does to really offer any help.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 06-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #11
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
Am I reading this right? Only 219 HP Stock?
Old 06-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post
I wouldn't put much behind virtual dynos. Average stock we do 240+ in 6th gear pulls on A8s. Bolt-ons and tune average 300 to 310whp. People doing more are doing one of three things. 1. Running Meth, E85 or Bigger Turbo. 2. Using Raw not SAE numbers. 3. Lying or don't know their dyno operator is lying to make money.

However like every dyno it's a tool and needs to be calibrated right. The HPTUNERS Virtual Dyno is a nice tool for those without access to a dyno.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile

Last edited by Evil-Bee-NH; 06-25-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:28 AM   #13
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post

No, your not reading it right. His courser is stopped at peak TQ at 315ft/lbs.
Literally less than a 5% error from his actual Dyno. The green line is his HP. Like Ive noted many times before, set up correctly the virtual dyno is a very good and accurate tool. You just need to know how to use it.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 06-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #14
wookwook

Confused guys, 219 Rear Wheel HP is a real world Dyno from a car off the lot done on a dynojet. this number is EXACLTY 275 published Crank HP Minus 20 percent (55). Equals 220. Which is consistent with what I find, and first hand estimate from a shop that does custom tuning - and not someone I know. - drive train loss is "18-19 percent", AT like 20 and 4wd like 22 percent. The other reply was quoting my number. 295 using the on-board sensor. We don't have a consensus on the drive train sensor loss factor? Please don't make me spend 125 to go and have a remeasure on the same dyno. I will post my interim measures later. I had a run that reproduced the MY DYNO Chart almost exactly, using the same settings, nothing differnet. It can be found on the other thread in here somewhere. Is it too unrealisitic to suggest that my HP number is actually 295 + 20 percent (59) = 354?

Torque did not go up much about 10 points. But I think the Torque is staying up there longer, much longer. Which is consistent with the increase in work, keeping the torque flat at higher numbers.

But the issue I care about is the KR, and I will post a running video of it that will flash the Speed spid. later on.

Last edited by wookwook; 06-25-2019 at 12:36 PM.