Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-06-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
Mod Friendly Dealers

Any mod friendly dealers in the greater Baltimore or Central MD area? When I say mods, I mean heavy mods: supercharger, LT headers, full exhaust.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:12 AM   #2
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
What do you need looked at? That makes a big difference.
nasbagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:43 AM   #3
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasbagoat View Post
What do you need looked at? That makes a big difference.
Torque converter
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
Unless you personally know someone willing to take the risk on committing fraud then no dealer anywhere will warranty that.

That is the hazard of modding, take the opportunity to put in a better aftermaeket converter.
nasbagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:12 PM   #5
SteevK

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper blue A8 NPP MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbreak View Post
Any mod friendly dealers in the greater Baltimore or Central MD area? When I say mods, I mean heavy mods: supercharger, LT headers, full exhaust.
Hell, I'd settle for a dealer who tolerates feather-weight mods, like K&N Typhoon CAI and Vitesse throttle controller - in Philly area.

I can hide the Vitesse, or set to SP0 and unplug the control box, but ain't no hiding the K&N - it's the shiny one...
Old 11-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #6
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
If you value warranty.... leave it stock

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:33 AM   #7
SteevK

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper blue A8 NPP MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
If you value warranty.... leave it stock
Says the guy with a ZL1...

The other night, after a half-dozen errands, I got a CEL. Car was acting a bit funny - or I was just hyper-critical and looking for a problem. Then the remote start wouldn't work. Uh-oh...

I took it out yesterday (Thanksgiving) to see if it went away on its own, then re-programmed my Vitesse, all to no avail.

Then I looked up the Vitesse programming instructions, and I had forgotten a vital step (so vital they re-printed at the end - both in bold) have to hold button before putting car in ACC.

Re-did the programming - the right way - CEL still on drove about 9 miles to a store, stopped home, tried the remote start, and it worked! Got in the car and CEL was gone

The whole 2 days I was thinking: can my local shop - a guy who's serviced my G37 for 6 years (including installing & de-installing my Injen short-ram intakes several times), and installed my CAI - fix the CEL? If not, how much to remove CAI and revert to factory air box w/sound tube, and if he'll remove the Vitesse (if I have to. Others have gone through service by unplugging the hand-set after setting to SP0, or just hiding it under the dash)

I was also thinking, I could live without the K&N intake, until my 5-yr 60000 drivetrain warranty expires, but NOT the Vitesse

Last edited by SteevK; 11-24-2018 at 03:04 AM.
SteevK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:13 AM   #8
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbreak View Post
Torque converter
Lol good luck with that.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote