Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 02-28-2016, 02:41 PM   #29
My87z28

Drives: 1987 Z28, 385cid, '16 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
Also, it's best to go to the dealer at the end of the month. Most dealers will cut into the holdback just to meet the monthly sales quota.

Also a very good idea, they want to meet their quotas. I believe their quartet quota is due at the end of March, so that may really be the best time to buy a new car.
My87z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #30
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
3 times to deliver a car:
End of month- good
End of month and quarter - better
End of december- better yet....

All mfr added value premiums are paid quarterly, based on quarterly goals....

Last edited by Glen e; 02-28-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #31
Mud Z06

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
3 times to buy a car:
End of month- good
End of month and quarter - better
End of december- better yet....

All mfr added value premiums are paid quarterly, based on quarterly goals....
End of December '16 seems like a perfect time to order a 1LE.

Avoid the hooplah of everyone ordering one in the fall and it will probably be built and delivered right before the nice weather hits. (for those in the north)
Mud Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #32
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Z06 View Post
End of December '16 seems like a perfect time to order a 1LE.

Avoid the hooplah of everyone ordering one in the fall and it will probably be built and delivered right before the nice weather hits. (for those in the north)

Not the order, its when they can deliver and punch the car sold. Mostly advice when you are negotating for an on ground car.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #33
Mud Z06

Drives: Car
understood
Mud Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #34
joehouse

Drives: 1986 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
53k for a '16 SS? That's crazy, do they have that many options to make MSRP that high? If you are even remotely thinking about paying that much for a '16 Camaro then I'd wait till the '17 1LE comes out.

Personally I've never been a "bells and whistles" guy. I don't quite understand why some are willing to pay 50k for a car just to get leather, pretty lights, and some extra trim, only to be out run by the lighter base model that costs 35-38k for what is still a pretty well optioned vehicle. But is also to each their own.

I cut out the 6 piston brembos and sunroof so its a lot cheaper, and also cut out the fancy interior stuff. brought it down to 46. Is that sounding better? youre right though, it adds weight to it
Old 02-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #35
My87z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehouse View Post
I cut out the 6 piston brembos and sunroof so its a lot cheaper, and also cut out the fancy interior stuff. brought it down to 46. Is that sounding better? youre right though, it adds weight to it

I mean, its to each his own, but I ordered a 1SS for 10k less. No I didn't order the MRC because this car will never see a road course. I also didn't order the NPP as I'll have a custom X-pipe welded in for around $450, that will weigh a lot less (stock muffler is crazy heavy), plus these cars have both a monitored pair of cats and an unmonitored pair of cats, I'll have the unmonitored pair removed. Because of this I'll see a slight gain in rwhp/rwtq.

I've always loved how new leather interior looks, however I hate how it looks after 40k miles (wrinkles), plus first sitting on blazingly hot black leather seats in the summer time with shorts on SUCKS. The HUD is pretty cool, can't knock that but I didn't order it. I'll buy the knee cushions aftermarket when they are half the price. The only option I WISH I could get on the 1SS that's only available for the 2SS is the Bose speakers. However, I've always installed Polk component speakers into all my vehicles, I imagine this one won't be any different. I don't dig vinyl stickers or strips...

But like I said, everyone's different, what doesn't appeal to me, May to someone else. It's what makes the world go round 👍🏻
Old 02-29-2016, 11:05 AM   #36
Capisce

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Anyone else struggle to get quotes over email? I email a build asking for the best price and they don't simply give me an answer. They basically ignore my question and re-direct to try to get me to come in
Capisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:12 AM   #37
My87z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capisce View Post
Anyone else struggle to get quotes over email? I email a build asking for the best price and they don't simply give me an answer. They basically ignore my question and re-direct to try to get me to come in

Absolutely! Multiple dealers will do this because they want to see you face to face. Their sales tactics don't work when not in person as long as you have marginal mathematic skills and a decent BS meter.

Inform them that you will not be stepping foot into a dealership until you have narrowed down your selection of dealerships through your email communications experience. If they don't email you back then that is a dealer you don't want to work with.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:22 AM   #38
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Heck yeah, lots were trying to get me to come in. I emailed some in Dallas, 5 hours away and they were trying to get me to come in. Some didn't give hard numbers, some had misspellings, like manuel vs manual, duel vs dual. This is your job, people and you're the face of the company (figuratively speaking) when you answer emails!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:02 PM   #39
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I just got back from the dealership. Gave him an offer of 37016+ttl. Build date of 3/21-27. Just in time for me to use the rewards card. They waived the deposit for ordered cars because it's a pretty bare bones model with tasteful options. We'll see. Here's to hoping.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #40
joehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
I mean, its to each his own, but I ordered a 1SS for 10k less. No I didn't order the MRC because this car will never see a road course. I also didn't order the NPP as I'll have a custom X-pipe welded in for around $450, that will weigh a lot less (stock muffler is crazy heavy), plus these cars have both a monitored pair of cats and an unmonitored pair of cats, I'll have the unmonitored pair removed. Because of this I'll see a slight gain in rwhp/rwtq.

I've always loved how new leather interior looks, however I hate how it looks after 40k miles (wrinkles), plus first sitting on blazingly hot black leather seats in the summer time with shorts on SUCKS. The HUD is pretty cool, can't knock that but I didn't order it. I'll buy the knee cushions aftermarket when they are half the price. The only option I WISH I could get on the 1SS that's only available for the 2SS is the Bose speakers. However, I've always installed Polk component speakers into all my vehicles, I imagine this one won't be any different. I don't dig vinyl stickers or strips...

But like I said, everyone's different, what doesn't appeal to me, May to someone else. It's what makes the world go round 👍🏻

You're right, I thought about that too, until I saw they had heated and cooled seats, I personally like cloth, but I love the khalihari color seats. Hopefully it wont wrinkle too much. You don't like the quad tipped look? I also, test drove the sunroof car and could barely fit and I'm only 6'1, idk how these guys 6,5 and up are fitting
Old 03-01-2016, 09:30 AM   #41
My87z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehouse View Post
You're right, I thought about that too, until I saw they had heated and cooled seats, I personally like cloth, but I love the khalihari color seats. Hopefully it wont wrinkle too much. You don't like the quad tipped look? I also, test drove the sunroof car and could barely fit and I'm only 6'1, idk how these guys 6,5 and up are fitting

I do like the quad tips, and I especially like the painted difuser. However I knew that I would put aftermarket exhaust on it. I want it even louder than the NPP, plus I wanted the slight added performance from a custom exhuast. So I figured it would be pointless to spend the $895 on the NPP just to turn around and have a different exhuast put on. I'll be looking to see if an aftermarket company offers a smooth/paintable difuser so I can install that. I really like the Khalihari seats, I like the dual trim colors inside. I can't do sunroofs, I'm 6'2 but we had one in a previous SUV we owned and since I have a light sensitivity, if it was open it messed with my eyes to much. My wife loves them though.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:57 AM   #42
joehouse

Yeah, I can understand that, I think they will be coming out with a diffuser, I heard on one of the aftermarket sites they will be starting to make body kits for the car as well. oh no =( That sucks!!! Probably have to wear crazy sunglasses. It also sucks being so tall, almost no car is comfortable. My dads challenger and my trans am are basically the only cars I can even tolerate aside from an suv. If you change the exhaust does it mess with the 02 sensors?