Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-05-2020, 07:48 PM   #1
CaliRedSS

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
Issues and opinions on 2SS

Hi guys ....new here. Spent hours plowing through the forums and it is great to see the wealth of knowledge, and also knowing many folks are or have been in the same boat. I just want honest opinions on wwyd in this scenario. I bought my 2016 2SS end of year with gm and dealer discount adding up to about 12.5k super deal or so I thought.

First issue was taking the co worker for a joy ride on city streets and then console lite up like a cop car turn off engine and low oil pressure. Had about 5 miles driving on that condition, mileage was 2800. My vin didn’t show the recall. Took it in and the lifters were knocking like crazy. The oil pump drain or line fell off like I’ve seen in other threads. In the service invoice it showed they found debris. Gm service manager said oh we are potentially repacking the motor, 30 days later it’s ...oh no it’s all good the saving grace is full synthetic oil. Hmmm

It seems like both exhaust manifolds have leaks/ticking....gets quieter when warm, gets louder when on the gas or driving next to high objects like walls and I have the windows down. The other thing is when it’s cold weather and been sitting and cold start, it seems like a metal cleating noise maybe like a bearing or idk. Not as apparent when it’s hot outside or summer. Can take 1 too 2 mins to go away. I let the engine warm up a while before driving. I had gm install cai just thinking they would give the motor a once over but I received it back with the same symptoms just a new shiny cai in the engine bay. I’ve had the tachometer going CRAZY for about 20k miles. Service said oh that’s rev matching ....on a A8 huh ....bet nobody has that feature except me lmao. So they said it’s the cluster and we can start by replacing the battery ground cable at 345 bucks for step one of troubleshooting. I just had tc shudder fix at 40k. I’ve had the trans looked at 2 times for gear 1 and 2 either slipping or punching. Always dealer serviced. Gotten the run around a few times now. Shouldn’t really be this way on a 53k msrp car.

I still own a 2001 silverado1500 4.8 v8. The thing has been a beast. 3 fuel pumps and I just replaced the spark plugs for the first time at 250,000 miles lol.

I just want to know what would you guys do, trade in for a mustang premier gt. Give gm a chance and trade for a 2021 1LE with an A10. Sell it. Fix it. Call gm ?

It’s at 43k now. I have service on the 16th and said ticking or knocking noise, slight pedal vibration, gears 1 and 2 either slip or punch constantly. Hoping most of all is covered by power train based in the service warranty manual and these forums. I would appreciate your honest opinions even if you think I’m just stuck with it. I’m just hoping the oil line issue won’t bite me in the arse in the long run and I see a lot of people don’t want to chance it and wash their hands and trade it in or sell it. It has low jack also so can’t get rid of it in a dark neighborhood in LA they would probably find it on day 29

I can deal with haters every day but gm is just a player and a half and been getting the upper hand....feels that way anyway. Thanks everyone
CaliRedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
CaliRedSS

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
The dealer even charged me 169 to diagnose engine issues and then said oh there’s no errors or codes .... yeah I could have told you that. A little frustrated at this point ugh
CaliRedSS is offline   Reply With Quote