#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 06-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #15
Tango1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Eric10905: Every track is fun. Admittedly, the 1000 feet elevation or carousel and its 1.4 g turn will be missed, but the states circuits are still quite enjoyable.

Eldi Z: I added a larger pulley than OEM (2.7 now) so boost is only 10.5 at redline - equates to 630 CHP (see my build thread for further detail). 98 is my goal although I still have some Torco I'm using up.

5.M0NSTER: Of course, theoretical is just that. This track's speed, armco the entire way, blind corners, lumps/jumps, and traffic all mean near impossible feat for many of us.

Traffic: some of the best laps were doing early stages of COVID where travel was severely restricted for most. Almost a clear lap...but even then a car or few would be a chicane. The Camaro is quite fast...and typical early weekend tourist times have upwards of 140-175 cars on track at once!

Speed: I've been able to get over most anxiety at other tracks after a few laps, but not this one...I still let off on the high speed sections. I've not gone this fast before except Daytona on a track - just not the room (by design). Nonetheless, 165 mph on the first straight is no issue.

The post-Bergwerk run (up a significant incline which the video doesn't show) is an easy 5th gear run...I've done ~150 thru there, but could do more if I wasn't scared with blind corners.

The foxhole approach is 150 mph and then under braking and heavy compression of the suspension...another area you can't see in the video. Hard to tell how the car is ultimately going to act...until possibly too late.

7:44 is all I've got (with blower). Stock 1LE was a 7:53. I'm sure those time will be surpassed. More laps = more confidence and knowledge. A lap is ~$35. :-)

Interestingly, I only added the blower to see some better speed on the autobahn - other than valve springs, it returns 190 mph (GPS).

Wish I could get in on an autocross to see how it reacts to cones...and a current quarter mile time.

It still gets 21+ on cruise...pretty impressive car for the price, certainly! And that exhaust note is just incredible...This modern Chevy is quite a success in my book.
Tim,

Incredible!! You have truly taken your car and your skills to a much higher level than those first days at PBIR (I remember when you car started having its problems at TNiA).. Someday when you get back to CONUS, we'll have to hook up and go tracking. Best of luck amigo!

TC
'89 RS 'vert
Tango1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:10 AM   #16
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
TC: Not the best track day PBIR was. I felt a bit odd taking the car on track just prior to shipping it (nearly brand new)...in case something happens. Of course, quite glad I did or I would be dealing with the programing issue 5,000 miles away.

Quite happy with it and look forward to attempting some of the other tracks...life gets in the way though! May see you in Florida once again...
Old 07-01-2021, 11:30 AM   #17
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
TC: Not the best track day PBIR was. I felt a bit odd taking the car on track just prior to shipping it (nearly brand new)...in case something happens. Of course, quite glad I did or I would be dealing with the programing issue 5,000 miles away.

Quite happy with it and look forward to attempting some of the other tracks...life gets in the way though! May see you in Florida once again...
I highly recommend Spa Francorchamps in Belgium if you haven’t done it already. 1 hour west of the Ring. Worth the drive.
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote