Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 06-13-2021, 02:42 PM   #309
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTown918 View Post
Are you suggesting that if guy A has his '22 order input on June 1, and guy B has another dealer input his order on Sept 1, and hypothetically GM starts accepting orders on Sept 10, guy A's order will move along quicker (assuming both dealers have the requisite allocation (and same car being ordered) when the orders begin getting converted via allocations)?
To be clear, I’m not a dealer so it would be best to get confirmation from someone like GearheadSS but I was just pointing out that putting in an order means nothing unless the dealer has an allocation. If 2 dealers have allocations at the same time, like in your example above, then I personally do not know what would decide the sequencing of the 2 orders.

On a somewhat related note, I can understand that a dealer is not wanting to put in an order right away, as it often leads to unrealistic expectations from customers, where they might incorrectly assume their order “is in the bag” so to speak, when in reality it is not yet…

Best,

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #310
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
If you're talking about orders from 2 different dealers, it really doesn't matter when the order was put in if production hasn't started yet.

What matters is whether or not your dealer has an allocation at start of production and whether or not your order has constraints(meaning that nothing in your order is restricted from ordering that week).

As far as when the cars are built, I don't believe GM looks at when the order was originally entered when scheduling the cars for production.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:37 PM   #311
Soon2be 21SS

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
If you're talking about orders from 2 different dealers, it really doesn't matter when the order was put in if production hasn't started yet.

What matters is whether or not your dealer has an allocation at start of production and whether or not your order has constraints(meaning that nothing in your order is restricted from ordering that week).

As far as when the cars are built, I don't believe GM looks at when the order was originally entered when scheduling the cars for production.

I get that when GM in Lansing assimilates all the allocations and subsequent assignment of order codes in determining actual production of the Camaro, that they have a well scrutinized process which senior operations management vp’s constantly approve.
What I don’t get is how a 3400 code (broadcasted for production) with a TPW of 3/8/21 since Feb 8 has remained the same up until last week yet others on this forum have had a later TPW of say, 3/28/21 and have had their TPW changed to reflect changes in production scheduling. Makes no sense.

GearheadSS, you have the most knowledge on this type of thing, can you help us all better understand what’s going on? Thanks very much.
Soon2be 21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:42 AM   #312

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I recall somewhat similar situations with ordering a car and allocations...First, I believe that no deposit is required...the dealer will gladly take a deposit, but it is not necessary.

Secondly, you can order the car you want from more than one dealership. The dealer that orders it first with an allocation gets the sale from you. Again, no deposits and cancel your order from the dealers that aren't the first with an allocation to order your car. Good luck.

You shouldn't have to gamble on only one dealer that may or may not get an allocation.

Last edited by 90503; 06-15-2021 at 08:56 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:47 AM   #313
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2be 21SS View Post
I get that when GM in Lansing assimilates all the allocations and subsequent assignment of order codes in determining actual production of the Camaro, that they have a well scrutinized process which senior operations management vp’s constantly approve.
What I don’t get is how a 3400 code (broadcasted for production) with a TPW of 3/8/21 since Feb 8 has remained the same up until last week yet others on this forum have had a later TPW of say, 3/28/21 and have had their TPW changed to reflect changes in production scheduling. Makes no sense.

GearheadSS, you have the most knowledge on this type of thing, can you help us all better understand what’s going on? Thanks very much.
What I've noticed with our in system 3400 cars is that the TPW has been all over the place. They were originally March TPWs and then changed to July during the shutdown. Last week, they went back to March TPWs. No idea why either.

My guess is that the cars sitting currently with March TPWs will be the first units built when they go back to work next week and the updated TPWs are the ones that are actually getting built later.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:36 PM   #314
Soon2be 21SS

Quote:
What I've noticed with our in system 3400 cars is that the TPW has been all over the place. They were originally March TPWs and then changed to July during the shutdown. Last week, they went back to March TPWs. No idea why either.

My guess is that the cars sitting currently with March TPWs will be the first units built when they go back to work next week and the updated TPWs are the ones that are actually getting built later.
Thanks gearhead SS. Appreciate the info. I had noticed one other guy found out that his car was built shy around the week of March 12 and I believe sat on a lot for a few weeks and was finally shipped. I thought it was interesting that his TPW week was one week later than my TPW of March 8. So who knows, maybe mine is still on a lot somewhere built shy
Old 06-15-2021, 03:24 PM   #315
GearheadSS

Quote:
Thanks gearhead SS. Appreciate the info. I had noticed one other guy found out that his car was built shy around the week of March 12 and I believe sat on a lot for a few weeks and was finally shipped. I thought it was interesting that his TPW week was one week later than my TPW of March 8. So who knows, maybe mine is still on a lot somewhere built shy
Your car would be sitting at 4D00 if that were the case. Any car built with missing parts had/has a status of 4D00. If it's at 3400 status, then it has not been built yet.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:24 PM   #316
Soon2be 21SS

Quote:
Your car would be sitting at 4D00 if that were the case. Any car built with missing parts had/has a status of 4D00. If it's at 3400 status, then it has not been built yet.
Oh thanks GearheadSS. I appreciate the extra information. You have provided valuable information for lots of folks like me that are eager to get new information during this arduous process. Thanks again.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:07 AM   #317
zookeeper

Drives: 2021 zle ordered
Is there any way to check the Canadian orders?
zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:12 AM   #318
GearheadSS

Quote:
Oh thanks GearheadSS. I appreciate the extra information. You have provided valuable information for lots of folks like me that are eager to get new information during this arduous process. Thanks again.
It's my pleasure. I hope your car arrives soon so you can enjoy it!
Old 06-16-2021, 07:15 AM   #319
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
I'm not sure if US dealers can check status of Canadian orders. Check with JoeP@TeamBeckyD in the order status thread that is a sticky at the top of this forum. If not, you'll need to see if your dealer can check the status for you. You could also try contacting Chevy Canada Customer Service.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:46 PM   #320
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
I'm not sure if US dealers can check status of Canadian orders. Check with JoeP@TeamBeckyD in the order status thread that is a sticky at the top of this forum. If not, you'll need to see if your dealer can check the status for you. You could also try contacting Chevy Canada Customer Service.
Joe can't see Canadian orders.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:18 PM   #321
Paulman

Drives: Slow Corolla
GearheadSS - thanks for all the valuable info. You're a big help.

I passed along your dates regarding the build-outs and consensus to my salesman that placed my order. He placed in effect 2 orders - for a '21 and a '22, not sure why.
Paulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:21 PM   #322
pnoman

Drives: 2021 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
Just wondering when did you place your order, have you tried the Chev. Live chat?
My order was placed early February and hasn’t moved from 3000.
pnoman is offline   Reply With Quote