Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-22-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
Turbo Smart diverter valve

Hey all,

I got one coming. Wondering if anything else besides the woosh sound. Heard from other vehicle applications, it worth it. Also adding the zzp turbo heat shield.

Aiming next for a midpipe, done from a muffler shop that does a lot of SS camaros, so fingers crossed.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:47 AM   #2
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
From what I gather you may need to make a tuning change for the diverter valve change, otherwise you may get a code or two.

Instead of the ZZP heat shield, get a turbo blanket, as the turbo blanket keeps all the heat out of the engine compartment. If you want it for looks, do the heat shield after the blanket is installed.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:41 PM   #3
Davescamaro

Sounds good. Any suggestions for the blanket? I have the elite tune, so I can have them update my file.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Old 07-24-2021, 09:09 AM   #4
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
There is only one turbo blanket available for the LTG platform (the rest are generic blankets).

Look it up on here, there is a write-up on it.

I have one, I just didn't put it on yet. Then again, I haven't driven the car in almost 2 months.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:35 PM   #5
Davescamaro

Well diverter valve successful! Meaner and disrupts the public lol. No cel as of yet and trifecta has no knowledge of this new equipment. Its the same woosh as an intake, but multiplied x3.
I can post a few videos of it in action in a few days. Quicker spool up and loud as heck bov sound.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:18 PM   #6
Davescamaro

Update. No cel from the diverter valve as of 400 miles and it is a plug and play system. Its super loud and very clean woosh. I have noticed a bit louder exhaust note along with it ans quicker spools. Sit tight for a video pull.
I apologize in advance if its tik tok.
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdv31Nck/
Old 08-21-2021, 06:53 PM   #7
Junbug

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Bought this as well when it first released. Its kinda loud but as op said exhaust is a tad but louder and depending on rpm on gear when you release the throttle in my case i get an exhaust loud pop. I do not mean the small crackle and pops. I mean like a big pop.

Mods are AFE ST intake, ZZP Catted DP, ZZP Intercooler, SRS Axlebacks, Turbosmart DP Diverter

Yet to install my ZZP Larger TB, Turbosmart Wastegate,

I have HP tuners but dont know any local tuners in socal for the ltg. Might have to go with ZZP remote tune. I want to buy ZZP larger wheel turbo but i dont want to get into internals yet the way Cali is going with tunes and smog. David Bramante running for Governor and is for the car community and 2A. I voted to recall newsom sorry dont mean to go political guys/gals but Cali is hard on us car enthusiasts.
Attached Images

Junbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:36 AM   #8
Sugarhitman

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 Turbo 2017 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junbug View Post
Bought this as well when it first released. Its kinda loud but as op said exhaust is a tad but louder and depending on rpm on gear when you release the throttle in my case i get an exhaust loud pop. I do not mean the small crackle and pops. I mean like a big pop.

Mods are AFE ST intake, ZZP Catted DP, ZZP Intercooler, SRS Axlebacks, Turbosmart DP Diverter

Yet to install my ZZP Larger TB, Turbosmart Wastegate,

I have HP tuners but dont know any local tuners in socal for the ltg. Might have to go with ZZP remote tune. I want to buy ZZP larger wheel turbo but i dont want to get into internals yet the way Cali is going with tunes and smog. David Bramante running for Governor and is for the car community and 2A. I voted to recall newsom sorry dont mean to go political guys/gals but Cali is hard on us car enthusiasts.

Hi. I have a Go Fast Bits Diverter valve...also get this loud pop...how's that Turbo Wastegate?
Sugarhitman is offline   Reply With Quote