Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-21-2021, 04:45 PM   #15
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
I agree. The market is crazy. I would only buy now if you have a trade in that you want to download at a higher price. This is what I did and while I paid more for a ZL1 that you should have otherwise. I also made a couple of grands on my trade in so it kind of balanced out.

if you can wait, i would just order new and then go from there
Old 06-21-2021, 08:28 PM   #16
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
I agree. The market is crazy. I would only buy now if you have a trade in that you want to download at a higher price. This is what I did and while I paid more for a ZL1 that you should have otherwise. I also made a couple of grands on my trade in so it kind of balanced out.

if you can wait, i would just order new and then go from there
It really is 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen the other. I traded for $2500 more than I paid for my SS 2yrs prior. Thing is at the time a 19 ZL1 was new @ sticker, so I definitely made out mostly better than if I would have bought the Z back then.

I’d imagine OP with his Audi should make out OK.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:44 PM   #17
Mize442

Drives: Current driver AMC emlin X 5ltr.
Really makes me think about selling my 2020 1LE. I just sold My F250 and felt like I had only leased it. Out zero dollars.

With this chip and other materials shortages things are interesting for sure. I can't even get products for my customers.
Mize442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:40 PM   #18
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
Just ordered a 2022 M6 Vivid Orange ZL1 1LE as new model year orders for Camaro can be entered. Very minor price increases on a few small options were noted but the dealer can't get an MSRP from Chevrolet just yet. I put down $1,000 to get in line (third Camaro total but first ZL1 in line) but I don't expect the car until early 2022 anyway. Patience is a virtue but I'll start building the maintenance supplies as recommended for a 2021 ZLE to pass the time.
2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:52 AM   #19
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Earlier this week I had made a deal on a 2019 Shadow Gray, 4k miles, one owner, 6hrs away, from an individual. Listed at 65k and we agreed on 64k which he told me was his bottom since he was offered same at 2 local dealerships. I told him sold and I'm starting the paperwork on my end, asked about a deposit a few times and never got an answer. I kept him updated on progress all morning and past lunch. About 1:30 I get a text from him telling me he sold it to a dealership for more than he was asking. Such BS, told him he could have at least told me and asked if I would be willing to match it. Such is the world we live in.

I've been looking back and forth at a black '18, 1 owner (70yr old sheriff), 4k miles. Was purchased, maintained and traded in at same Chevy dealership in Florida. While it's not my first color choice, it was a close 2nd and for the agreed price of 62k I couldn't pass it up considering used car prices today. Made a deal, put deposit, loan is secured and flying there tomorrow morning to drive it 800 miles back home.

Excited for sure, but also nervous of the oil pump issues people have. Fingers crossed, if it does happen hopefully it's after I get it home and local dealership can fix under powertrain warranty
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:27 PM   #20
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

850 miles Saturday/Sunday back home and I have a new daily. Zero regrets, drives, smells and feels like a new car. I was kind of shocked when I first saw it in person, looked much better than the pictures. Wasn't sure if I'd regret not finding a gray one, but black suits the car perfectly. I'll whine when having to wash it, but maybe that'll motivate me to do it more often.

As much as I thought 800 miles would have been enough seat time to get use to the car, I'm not there yet. Getting in and out isn't as easy as the f-bodies, but the driving position feels perfect.
Attached Images

- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
Old 06-29-2021, 02:39 PM   #21
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitereality View Post
850 miles Saturday/Sunday back home and I have a new daily. Zero regrets, drives, smells and feels like a new car. I was kind of shocked when I first saw it in person, looked much better than the pictures. Wasn't sure if I'd regret not finding a gray one, but black suits the car perfectly. I'll whine when having to wash it, but maybe that'll motivate me to do it more often.

As much as I thought 800 miles would have been enough seat time to get use to the car, I'm not there yet. Getting in and out isn't as easy as the f-bodies, but the driving position feels perfect.
Very nice car. Congrats
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:52 PM   #22
thetastelingers
Master baiter

Drives: 17 NGM ZL1
Nice car man. Glad you were able to find one.
thetastelingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:17 PM   #23
z28deuce

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
Very nice!

If you haven't done it already try setting up the seat memory exit position to automatically go back and up some. Makes getting in and out a little easier...

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #24
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Congrats on the new2u car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitereality View Post
I'll whine when having to wash it, but maybe that'll motivate me to do it more often.
Self-healing PPF is your new best friend. Not cheap, but worth every penny if you hate swirls.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:56 PM   #25
Future1LEa10
Banned

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LE
Wow man congrats on finding one finally. I have been looking as well but still cant find a used one thats a better deal than the supplier pricing I have secured on my 22 order. But I will keep looking until that 22 shows up. Where in FL, Im near Tampa.
Future1LEa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:41 AM   #26
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Congrats bud! Black is not for me as I’m occupied going to the car wash once a week as it is & I think black would have my mild case of cleanliness OCD going into overtime.

Look back on how some of us enter exit our cars, using programmable seats & not, that may help.

Soon it will feel like a yr old shoe & when you get behind the wheel of something else it will have you longing for it like sex after a dry spell.

Did I say that out loud…

Last edited by gtfoxy; 06-30-2021 at 12:51 AM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:02 AM   #27
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Congratulations on your ZL1 purchase and you will enjoy it more with more seat/driving time.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:17 AM   #28
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Congrats bud! Black is not for me as I’m occupied going to the car wash once a week as it is & I think black would have my mild case of cleanliness OCD going into overtime.

Look back on how some of us enter exit our cars, using programmable seats & not, that may help.

Soon it will feel like a yr old shoe & when you get behind the wheel of something else it will have you longing for it like sex after a dry spell.

Did I say that out loud…
Hahaha, thanks! I'll definitely check up on how some of you enter/exit the cars, kind of curious now. I'm thankful it's not like entering/exiting the SLC at least.

It's making out to be a great daily driver so far and only getting started. Car seat goes in this weekend once I get the mat, that will probably be challenging getting her in and out, but at least she can help now.

Need to change my signature...