Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-23-2021, 01:53 PM   #29
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post

I've never seen anything so incredibly ridiculous. Hopefully you can find a much tamer and less ostentatious one.

The SS spoiler is so ridiculous I had to put the ZL1 1LE wing on mine to be more subtle.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:00 PM   #30
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
On the positive side you have a 455 HP V8 mounted to a world class chassis.

In the negative side you don’t have some of the extras you would have liked to have.

For me the real deal breaker for the LT1 is the limited top speed. You have to void the warranty to get around it. If Chevy got rid of that, which would cost nothing, the LT1 would be a lot more attractive.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:02 PM   #31
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmaro View Post
Vroom offered me $39k about a week ago. I paid $43k. Put $9k down (with my trade in). Used SS's around me are going for $45k and above with relatively low mileage. By the time new SS's come back to the lots or the used car prices go down, my trade in value will also go down.

I'm still grateful for the car and love it. Honestly now that I'm thinking about the SS prices right now, maybe I shouldn't complain.
Maybe sell the car to the top offer and buy a $2k beater for a year then when prices drop pick up the perfect car you want.
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:11 PM   #32
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
Maybe sell the car to the top offer and buy a $2k beater for a year then when prices drop pick up the perfect car you want.
The OP couldn't wait to purchase an SS (which is why the LT1 situation exists now), lets not get too carried away..
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:54 PM   #33
MR2Aaron

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS, 2012 Scion iQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmaro View Post
Vroom offered me $39k about a week ago. I paid $43k. Put $9k down (with my trade in). Used SS's around me are going for $45k and above with relatively low mileage. By the time new SS's come back to the lots or the used car prices go down, my trade in value will also go down.

I'm still grateful for the car and love it. Honestly now that I'm thinking about the SS prices right now, maybe I shouldn't complain.
Holy crap, that's more than new sticker price was on my 2021 SS...
MR2Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:17 PM   #34
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
no regrets whatsover, love the sleeper no one knows what it is scenario it creates and the same body the COPO uses. A lot less money and less stuff to fail, no brake dust and the all seasons tire are great 12 months of the year. Best of all, its just as potent in the 1/4 mile and street action.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:21 PM   #35
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
On the positive side you have a 455 HP V8 mounted to a world class chassis.

In the negative side you don’t have some of the extras you would have liked to have.

For me the real deal breaker for the LT1 is the limited top speed. You have to void the warranty to get around it. If Chevy got rid of that, which would cost nothing, the LT1 would be a lot more attractive.
You gotta be kidding, top speed? Anyone that has that desire can just tune out the speed limiter and Who cares? how many roll races go beyond 155 mph
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:46 PM   #36
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I don't know how you pay $43K an LT1? Must have tons of options. I paid $33K for my 1SS with zero options but I qualified for the $2K Mustang rebate also. If I were you, I'd KEEP the LT1 and maybe put 275s on the rear and it would sit just like an SS.

LT1 is the lightest of the bunch. Put sticky summer tires on it and you've got traction to match. Don't throw $ away and dump the car when have that engine. Sit blindfolded in an LT1, SS, 1LE as a passenger, you'd probably think they were all the same.

I've never seen anything so incredibly ridiculous. Hopefully you can find a much tamer and less ostentatious one.

I posted before about this. You have to watch the LT1. You can almost approach 2ss territory on price if you don't watch the options.

LT1 is a great car as a stripper base model. By the time stuff starts adding up you're better off just paying a tad more for the 2ss.

I've seen the LT1 go for 43k the rare times I've seen a local dealer have one. They had all kinds of options add onto it. Was stupid. Could get a 2ss for a bit more with similar options.

One had 43k MSRP at the stealership up the road. had a lot of options to the point better off getting an SS.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:40 PM   #37
kurmaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I posted before about this. You have to watch the LT1. You can almost approach 2ss territory on price if you don't watch the options.

LT1 is a great car as a stripper base model. By the time stuff starts adding up you're better off just paying a tad more for the 2ss.

I've seen the LT1 go for 43k the rare times I've seen a local dealer have one. They had all kinds of options add onto it. Was stupid. Could get a 2ss for a bit more with similar options.

One had 43k MSRP at the stealership up the road. had a lot of options to the point better off getting an SS.

Yeah I have the NPP exhaust & the glossy black wheels. That's it though. I got it in a bad market, but at the same time I did get more for my car than I would have if I did it last year.
kurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #38
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
LT1 is great car, i had hard time between LT1 or 1SS. It looks good, fender badge is nice too.. throw a front lip and wheels/tires. Im sure your LT1 has cool options than base 1SS. Oh you get All season tires. 1SS gets crappy run flat tires.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:54 PM   #39
Chef-j

Btw Congrats!
Old 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #40
Chef-j

Quote:
I don't know how you pay $43K an LT1? Must have tons of options. I paid $33K for my 1SS with zero options but I qualified for the $2K Mustang rebate also. If I were you, I'd KEEP the LT1 and maybe put 275s on the rear and it would sit just like an SS.

LT1 is the lightest of the bunch. Put sticky summer tires on it and you've got traction to match. Don't throw $ away and dump the car when have that engine. Sit blindfolded in an LT1, SS, 1LE as a passenger, you'd probably think they were all the same.
Current market has no discounts. You will never get brand new 1ss for 33k today.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #41
BlackMaroo

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Sell it and buy the car you truly wanted. Now is the best time to sell one if you are not happy. If it was me and I felt like you, I wouldn't be able to talk myself into settling for something when I wanted something else.

Sorry, I know you want people to talk you into feeling better about your choice, but when I'm buying something like a Camaro, I'm buying the one I want. If you take a bit of a loss... Lesson Learned... Still better to get into what you want, then settle... (In my opinion...!)
I couldn't agree more
BlackMaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:45 PM   #42
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Yea, been through this on other threads, unfortunately user name changes are not allowed. I had been wanting a 1LE since the 6th gen launched. Unfortunately, the cost of living in my area had delayed me several years. The fact that it had to be new only prolonged the delay. My LT1 is no 1LE, but it's close enough to satisfy my needs, and settling was a huge financial relief for my situation.
I had my name changed. I PMed Tran (admin).

My gen5 was a ZL1 so that was in my name. Tran changed my name within an hour of asking

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote