Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-07-2021, 01:43 AM   #15
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocopuf View Post
Price is high. I purchased a 20 2ss 1le for 43500....

Not in the last 3-4 months you didn’t. What you paid is irrelevant. In current climate thats the going rate. If he wants to wait most likely price comes down.

But Chevy could also cancel camaro and then hard press to gind on use market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:58 AM   #16
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Not in the last 3-4 months you didn’t. What you paid is irrelevant. In current climate thats the going rate. If he wants to wait most likely price comes down.

But Chevy could also cancel camaro and then hard press to gind on use market.

Not 2022. I expect 2 more years for the Camaro hopefully.

The issue is if GM gets rid of the Camaro that only leaves them with the Corvette which is very high priced if you can even get one. That leaves them with only one performance car and nothing to compete against the Mustang GT and dodge Challenger Scatpack then.

What Chevy needs to do is market it better, push the more affordable LT1 option more and offer better rebates and maybe do a refresh as well since 2016 was the last.

If I were CEO of GM the Camaro would live.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:57 AM   #17
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post

The issue is if GM gets rid of the Camaro that only leaves them with the Corvette which is very high priced if you can even get one. That leaves them with only one performance car and nothing to compete against the Mustang GT and dodge Challenger Scatpack then.

What Chevy needs to do is market it better, push the more affordable LT1 option more and offer better rebates and maybe do a refresh as well since 2016 was the last.

If the Camaro makes enough money it will live. If it doesn't it will die. It's simple as that for GM. I hope it lives.
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:28 AM   #18
Chevelle vs Camaro

Quote:

The camaro is priced well against it’s competitors. The mustang gt and comparable charger don’t sell the base models most. Ones that are fully options sell better that is why most dealers carry those.

The other cars are just more popular.

Chevy doesn’t need a competitor to those cars as all muscle cars are a dying breed. There going to put RD into EV’s as that where the market is moving.

We muscle car buyers are a small segment and although i’ll be sad to see the v8 go I just accept it as you can’t change the inevitable.

I love my Camaro and the one reason I bought it is because you don’t see alot of them.

The Camaro has an agressive look where the other muscle cars are more mellow this appealing to a broader audience.

Old 06-07-2021, 08:07 AM   #19
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
$ 44k is insane.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:44 PM   #20
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
to the OP - if you can get to the car radio - you can easily tell if it has Navigation - in addition, in the Settings Menu - you should be able to scroll to the Engine/Steering settings - if it has the Magnetic Ride - it will show under suspension - in addition, you did not state whether this was an NPP exhaust, but it will show here as well as looking at the exhaust (4 tips = NPP / 2 tips = Non NPP).

This is not currently a buyers market - but if you like the car - then get the car. Have the dealer fix the curb rash on the rims - my wife has done this 2x already on her car - the Rim Repair warranty was the best extra option I bought for our cars.

On another note - the Orange will be hard to come by as it was discontinued in Feb of the 2021 Model run. I had a hard time finding a Crush colored car (2SS Vert).

Weigh your pro's and con's - if you like it and can afford it and gotta have it - then get it regardless of the opinions here - if you are on the fence - then continue to look around until you find THAT car... the one that you cant stop talking about...best of luck in your decisions...
Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:54 PM   #21
knighti2

Drives: 2SS M6 Hot Wheels #515
In case you don't want to scan RPO list or miss it when looking here is the one you want:

RPO code F55 on the list in the trunk is the easiest way to know for sure

Also I believe the navigation was a package that could be added so not a given it has it.

I have the M6 with everything but sunroof and love it. I bought mine as a weekend toy and long time keeper because of its uniqueness. If it sells for a fortune for my kids after I have left this mortal coil good for them.

As others have said you are paying a premium in this market which may or may not settle back down. Up to you to decide if that is worth it. I also wholeheartedly agree with mrgoodwrench if the car is not THAT car (and you know when you find it) might be better to keep looking.

Just for comparison I bought mine in May 2020 with less than 4k miles on it for $38K
knighti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:56 PM   #22
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
The camaro is priced well against it’s competitors. The mustang gt and comparable charger don’t sell the base models most. Ones that are fully options sell better that is why most dealers carry those.

The other cars are just more popular.

Chevy doesn’t need a competitor to those cars as all muscle cars are a dying breed. There going to put RD into EV’s as that where the market is moving.

We muscle car buyers are a small segment and although i’ll be sad to see the v8 go I just accept it as you can’t change the inevitable.

I love my Camaro and the one reason I bought it is because you don’t see alot of them.

The Camaro has an agressive look where the other muscle cars are more mellow this appealing to a broader audience.

personally, I think those premium cars have too many options. I mean the premium price tag for those added options are not worth it IMO.

Like the Mustang. The Ford leather/pleather fake stuff sucks and isn't worth paying thousands more. My 2012 GT leather was just garbage. That's why I wanted a base model 5.0 with just an auto tranny and would have saved a few thousand.

A 1ss would have been just fine for me. I got a good deal so I got the 2ss but when I look at the car the options on it wouldn't be worth paying 46k new for.

And the EV I have no use for. I'm 37 but I like muscle cars. I love the 1960s and early 70s muscle cars and the modern ones.

I don't like those rice burners that many of my gen like. I'd rather have my 93 octane gas guzzler, torque monster SS than driving a Prius or some other pile of junk that New Green Deal weenies want me driving.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:43 PM   #23
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
We knew 4-5 year prior to the ending of the Chevy SS in Nascar. I would say the same would go for the Camaro you would hear about model development in Nascar before any formal announcement from GM.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:10 AM   #24
Chevelle vs Camaro

Quote:
personally, I think those premium cars have too many options. I mean the premium price tag for those added options are not worth it IMO.

Like the Mustang. The Ford leather/pleather fake stuff sucks and isn't worth paying thousands more. My 2012 GT leather was just garbage. That's why I wanted a base model 5.0 with just an auto tranny and would have saved a few thousand.

A 1ss would have been just fine for me. I got a good deal so I got the 2ss but when I look at the car the options on it wouldn't be worth paying 46k new for.

And the EV I have no use for. I'm 37 but I like muscle cars. I love the 1960s and early 70s muscle cars and the modern ones.

I don't like those rice burners that many of my gen like. I'd rather have my 93 octane gas guzzler, torque monster SS than driving a Prius or some other pile of junk that New Green Deal weenies want me driving.

Agreed. But we are the minority. Just need the engine and the wheels. We actually have very similar taste. My Camaro’s my daily and this is the garage queen.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:32 PM   #25
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
I'd go for the HW because they look awesome and even though the 10 speed is better, the 16-18s are lightyears ahead of the 19-21s in looks. The 16-18 looked perfect and were aggressive looking, the 19 looked like a honda accord/charger hybrid and the refresh of those are slightly better but still not great IMO.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:45 PM   #26
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
For what it’s worth, I like my hot wheels so much it’s the only car I’ve ever owned where every time I park it I look back at it and admire it as if it wasn’t mine.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:55 PM   #27
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
For what it’s worth, I like my hot wheels so much it’s the only car I’ve ever owned where every time I park it I look back at it and admire it as if it wasn’t mine.
I hear ya there. I’m in the process of buying a HW 2SS, and I am already staring at the photos and videos of the HW Camaro online! It’s a phenomenal looking Camaro.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:11 PM   #28
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Agreed. But we are the minority. Just need the engine and the wheels. We actually have very similar taste. My Camaro’s my daily and this is the garage queen.

WA eh? I don't think those weenies in Seattle would like you rolling in your 454? into town. How the hell can those Green deal AOC weenies like a prius over THAT???