Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-30-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
sv340

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Speaking of ceramic coating..

Any thoughts on what is the best ceramic coating?
sv340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #2
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
With few exceptions, they all end up being equal. Some differ in application and durability but in practice, you won't get hurt if you stick with any of the good brands. Cquartz, Gyeon, Gtechniq, Kamikaze, Opti, etc. they're all good. Personally, I would pick a brand or two that work well together and use their coating so the toppers/cleaners work well with it. Have a look at some detailing forums, Obsessed Garage, and YouTube videos. Keep in mind, there are lots of "Pro coatings" that only authorized installers can sell/apply that are often tougher and more tedious to apply but are superior in protection and aesthetics.

If I were to go with one consumer coating right now, it would probably be Gtechniq Crystal Serum + EXO with Beadmaker every few washes. Seems to be a well proven setup, I trust Matt @ Obsessed Garage. Gyeon is also top of my list.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
With few exceptions, they all end up being equal. Some differ in application and durability but in practice, you won't get hurt if you stick with any of the good brands. Cquartz, Gyeon, Gtechniq, Kamikaze, Opti, etc. they're all good. Personally, I would pick a brand or two that work well together and use their coating so the toppers/cleaners work well with it. Have a look at some detailing forums, Obsessed Garage, and YouTube videos. Keep in mind, there are lots of "Pro coatings" that only authorized installers can sell/apply that are often tougher and more tedious to apply but are superior in protection and aesthetics.

If I were to go with one consumer coating right now, it would probably be Gtechniq Crystal Serum + EXO with Beadmaker every few washes. Seems to be a well proven setup, I trust Matt @ Obsessed Garage. Gyeon is also top of my list.
This is the set-up I've had on my last 3 ZL1's (Gtechniq) They now have an "Ultra" line as well. It's been a great product. I suspect having a quality installer is half of the battle.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:01 PM   #4
gotswap

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Crush
I went with HydroSilex, seems to keep the paint slick enough. Only time will tell if it is worth it though
gotswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:15 PM   #5
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I’m going Ceramic Pro
19Nasty1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:33 PM   #6
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
I bought everything from CarPro and I plan on doing a full paint correction and ceramic coat the paint, wheels and trim.

Eventually I plan on protecting the leather inside as well
Old 04-30-2019, 05:51 PM   #7
phillyspecial

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Mine is paint corrected, suntek ultra clear bra and ceramic coated with ceramic pro.
phillyspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:08 PM   #8
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
I’ve been very happy with this:
Suntek Ultra self-healing PPF, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black, and 2 coats Gtechniq EXO v3.

Pics here:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...&postcount=301

It’s still performing just as brilliantly after 21 months. But if I were to do it again I would film the entire car and just do 2 coats of EXO on the film w/o ceramic. I’d do ceramic+exo only on the grille and wheels. Why? Because water spots are a b!tch to get off ceramic.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:42 PM   #9
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
CQuartz UK 3.0 has been shown to have the best, longest lasting results.
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:31 PM   #10
scottcolem

Drives: 2019 ZL1
I've used Adams products for paint correction and ceramic coating for the last 6 years and have been nothing but happy with the results
scottcolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:55 PM   #11
sv340

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post

The local applicator of which there is only one in town, uses Gtechniq products, the Crystal serum which they call a 9 year product is their best. Gave me a price of $2500 but it sounds like that is negotiable. When My ZLE gets in, I plan on washing it myself at the dealer and then taking it over to get clear bra and coated. One of these days I need to tell my wife about the car. If you hear coming from Idaho, you will know I told her.
sv340 is offline   Reply With Quote