Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

AWE Tuning

Old 08-03-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Jim Browne Chevrolet

Anybody have any experience with Jim Browne Chevrolet? My local favorite is Stingray, but I may be looking to buy a car from Jim Browne, assuming they are willing to deal.

Just looking for any experiences with them, before I get too far along in the process.
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
So I guess I can answer this myself, they ended up trying to offer me $3000-4000 less then even the lowest KBB or NADA price. I don't think they know the difference between an LS and a 2LT\RS so I killed the conversation there. Needless to say I would not recommend.
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #3
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Good to know. I have not heard good things about Jim Browne. I bought my 5th gen from Stingray and had a great buying experience, to include the trade in! Good luck
Old 08-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #4
Krowser

Drives: ZL1 Mosaic Black
Bomnin Chevrolet has some nice prices and deals.

However, I did purchase from them.

I bought my car out of state: Hendricks Cary NC
Krowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #5
Doctades
A N00b

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS
Hey I just saw this, I went there when it used to be called Daniels Chevrolet. They Kept a lot of the sales staff. I Can tell you why I went there.

Long story short when I was going to buy my car back in '13 I went to a few, I was young 23, saved for the car since they launched the concept. Except I always test drive before I buy, new or used. Some Dealerships I reserved test drives with (Autoway, Dimmit, Ferman) some I didn't. Daniels (J.B.) was not one I reserved with.

Now here's where it gets interesting. One of the dealerships I reserved a time with, Ferman, was a total shit show. I had about $40,000 cash saved for my car. Being a young guy the sales rep walked up to me and said (before I even got in the car mind you to test drive) "What's a realistic price you are willing to pay, or am I going to waste my time?" I looked at him and pulled out the cash in my pocket out, and just said. "That's not the attitude that's going to win you a sale." And walked. He saw me looking at the LS subgroup and assumed I was looking at a low ball price. However I was looking at it because it was the only Manuel on the lot.

When I went to Jim Browne it was a Sunday, I just walked on the lot. I was allowed to test drive two camaros, and a corvette. They just talked with me through the whole experience. Not sales, just spoke. I even told them I wasn't looking to buy that day, just test drive. Ergo 2 hours later on a sunday, it left me with enough of a good impression that I would actually order a car with them. So I did. My experiences with them service wise have also be out-standing, Hydi a service Manager is great.

If you are willing to give them a chance. Talk to Leo. He's a great guy, former Marine. Honest dude.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Live the dream or find a beer. Both are as good.
Doctades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
stingray has been good to me,bought a year old 5th gen there last august.when the tpms needed work they lent me a 2016 camaro for 5 days.other than that and the free oil changes the car has been good enough that i dont see them often.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #7
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I went to the best Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven Mi and drove my SS home to Orlando. I checked a few dealerships around for the heck of it and they were all useless.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:42 PM   #8
Realcarfreak

Drives: 2017 Red SS Coupe
Hi, I'm new here and the proud new owner of a red 2017 1SS sunroof coupe.

When I was shopping in the Tampa Bay Area few weeks ago, we had a terrible experience with Dimmit in Clearwater. They told me flat out lies and wasted hours of my time.

Thats when I discovered Gordon Chevrolet on Dale Mabry in Tampa. By contrast, the people at Gordon were delightful to deal with. This is where I found what I was looking for at a great price. They took good care of us and earned my future business.
I would recommend them to a friend. If you happen to stop there ask for Goldie. He was honest and very pleasant to deal with.

Here is my new baby back from the test drive at Gordon:

Last edited by Realcarfreak; 06-27-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Realcarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #9
Boo

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
I've bought a couple of Camaros from Ferman in Brandon...no issues. Stingray is a great one too. Incredible showroom!
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:05 PM   #10
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realcarfreak View Post

When I was shopping in the Tampa Bay Area few weeks ago, we had a terrible experience with Dimmit in Clearwater. They told me flat out lies and wasted hours of my time.

Thats when I discovered Gordon Chevrolet on Dale Mabry in Tampa. By contrast, the people at Gordon were delightful to deal with. This is where I found what I was looking for at a great price. They took good care of us and earned my future business.
I would recommend them to a friend. If you happen to stop there ask for Goldie. He was honest and very pleasant to deal with.

Here is my new baby back from the test drive at Gordon:

Got my last 4 Chevy's from Gordon.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #11
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
You are not supposed to tell people about Gordon. They will quietly beat any Chevy dealers written offer, doesn't even need to be signed. And they will whip out the flex cash at end of month, without hesitation.

Multiple cars purchased there, including both of the current vehicles in the driveway. Unfortunately I can't get a truck there because they sent every options combo I wanted off to Rocky Ridge for K2 lifts (I wouldn't mind Alpine, but don't like the K2 package).

Seriously, Stingray Bartow is better than Stingray Plant City for negotiating. Ferman says they won't lose a deal to Stingray but can't prove it on the offer sheet. Jim Browne is a joke with all their add-ons. Autonation has become rigid and refuses to negotiate worth a damn anymore. And Maher just lists every possible discount under the sun (even ones that aren't compatible) to show the lowest online price. I've never compared Regal in Lakeland, so no comment there.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #12
Realcarfreak

Drives: 2017 Red SS Coupe
Ooops Sorry, could not resist...
Realcarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #13
ChetCamaro

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realcarfreak View Post

+1 for Gordon. Easy folks to deal with.
ChetCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:03 PM   #14
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Bought my SS from Stingray. Negotiated via email and took the emails as proof. Traded in my Veloster and they didn't even look at it.

Love Stingray