Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-28-2021, 04:07 PM   #1
BOSE ZO

Drives: 2018 CHEVROLET Camaro LS LGX/TR3160
Yellow Running Lights

I am considering changing my vertical running lights to yellow. I like the look and I want to do it, hope that answers that question, lol.

I see there's two schools of thought on this. To tint the lenses or to swap out the LED's internally... I think I want to go with the later, but I want to weigh it out and see what is ultimately best. Seems logical, the fascia needs to come off anyway if I wanted to go the tint route to apply the tint properly....

If there is anyone who is knowledgeable on this, could recommend kit I would need, and give guidance on how whole procedure would typically go, on either alternative, that would be appreciated, thanks. : )
ig: rapidtransit
BOSE ZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:11 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I would try the tint overlays first to be sure I like it. Cheap and easy and quickly reversible
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:07 PM   #3
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSE ZO View Post
I am considering changing my vertical running lights to yellow. I like the look and I want to do it, hope that answers that question, lol.

I see there's two schools of thought on this. To tint the lenses or to swap out the LED's internally... I think I want to go with the later, but I want to weigh it out and see what is ultimately best. Seems logical, the fascia needs to come off anyway if I wanted to go the tint route to apply the tint properly....

If there is anyone who is knowledgeable on this, could recommend kit I would need, and give guidance on how whole procedure would typically go, on either alternative, that would be appreciated, thanks. : )
tint yellow is simple to do and cheap if you decided not to keep it. if you go the route of changing the leds i recommend getting the multi color leds instead of just yellow. this way you can change then on the fly if you decide you no longer like yellow.

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote