Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-18-2021, 06:31 PM   #127
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
Idk why GM made LT1… it made people arguing about looks lol
Because from 2016 and up, chevy began to raise the price on the SS, to the point where the entry model v8 camaro was more expensive than both the base model mustang gt or base model challenger rt. Since both of those base models sold more than the more expensive base SS, chevy decided a simpler (lower optioned) SS priced below both a base model mustang gt or base model challenger rt would make the LT1 the more economical and quicker of the trio. Looks have always been subjective, chevy just decided the LT1 trim could compete with the competition from a sales point of view by being the least costly new v8 entry level pony car.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:49 PM   #128
arocars

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS w/ 2SS
The LT1 is the stripped down version of the SS. It's a great platform to build from if you want a street racer/bruiser without all the modern creature comforts that go with the 2SS.
arocars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:58 PM   #129
arocars

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS w/ 2SS
The LT1 is the stripped down version of the SS. It's a great platform to build from if you want a street racer/bruiser without all the modern creature comforts that go with the 2SS.
arocars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:08 PM   #130
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arocars View Post
Thanks for the update. We’d have never known. Lol
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:03 PM   #131
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Because from 2016 and up, chevy began to raise the price on the SS, to the point where the entry model v8 camaro was more expensive than both the base model mustang gt or base model challenger rt. Since both of those base models sold more than the more expensive base SS, chevy decided a simpler (lower optioned) SS priced below both a base model mustang gt or base model challenger rt would make the LT1 the more economical and quicker of the trio. Looks have always been subjective, chevy just decided the LT1 trim could compete with the competition from a sales point of view by being the least costly new v8 entry level pony car.

Correct. Ford kills the market with the base model Mustang GT. It's pretty popular.

Chevy had the right idea with the LT1. However the problem with the LT1 is the dealers. The dealers rarely carry the LT1 at all.

I notice the rare times here in FL a dealer does carry an LT1 and a lower end model LT1 that they don't stay on the lots for very long at all. They usually sell pretty fast. Usually when they carry an LT1 it's loaded up to the point it's a better deal to go buy the 1SS which then the LT1 is pointless to buy.

But just think of this. Even the base model, stripped down LT1 is still premium when compared to the 4th gen Camaro. Also the infotainment system too. The base model GT doesn't have a large backup camera or even an infotainment system. Just a very tiny screen.

The LT1 could be a heavy hitter against the base model Mustang BUT it wasn't applied properly.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:36 PM   #132
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Correct. Ford kills the market with the base model Mustang GT. It's pretty popular.

Chevy had the right idea with the LT1. However the problem with the LT1 is the dealers. The dealers rarely carry the LT1 at all.

I notice the rare times here in FL a dealer does carry an LT1 and a lower end model LT1 that they don't stay on the lots for very long at all. They usually sell pretty fast. Usually when they carry an LT1 it's loaded up to the point it's a better deal to go buy the 1SS which then the LT1 is pointless to buy.

But just think of this. Even the base model, stripped down LT1 is still premium when compared to the 4th gen Camaro. Also the infotainment system too. The base model GT doesn't have a large backup camera or even an infotainment system. Just a very tiny screen.

The LT1 could be a heavy hitter against the base model Mustang BUT it wasn't applied properly.
That ship has sailed. The Camaro won’t make a giant comeback. It will creep back up but won’t make that much of a difference.
Honestly if my Camaro was my only car I’d trade it in today. I love being on track and taking road trips with my wife and other Camaro peeps. That said for a daily driver... not for me. I need a more versatile vehicle for a daily. I have friends with Mustangs, challengers... etc. and they are more livable on the daily. The Camaro for what I use it for is perfect. That’s a toy.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:42 PM   #133
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post

Really? All my dealers only have LT1s or V6 models. Rarely will I see an SS/ZL1 and the 1LE variants on the lots.
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:51 PM   #134
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
Really? All my dealers only have LT1s or V6 models. Rarely will I see an SS/ZL1 and the 1LE variants on the lots.
Agreed. That’s what I’ve seen as well.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:09 PM   #135
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post

Opposite in SWFL. Only time I'd usually see an LT1 is if it's loaded up and like 42k which is pointless when you can just get the 1ss or even a 2ss when there is a deal.

I would have got an LT1, base, no NPP and just an A10 equipped if the dealers had one around me at the time last sept. All of them were at Stingray or in Orlando and Tampa at the time and didn't want to drive my Mustang with no AC up there to trade in and drive dealer to dealer.

Down there the dealers usually carry loaded up 2ss or 2ss ragtops that push over 50k and they sit on the lots for ages usually.

Zl1s very RARE to find on lots South of Tampa.

Hell even the Mustang GT is too. Except for Sam Gallaway in Ft. Myers carries a ton of Mustangs. They still had some left over 2020s on their lots recently. Dealers around here otherwise don't even carry many Mustangs.

They like to carry old people cars like SUVs, large luxury Sedans and trucks. Even the C7 around me the lots were not full of them.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:03 PM   #136
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kripp View Post
This is what comes to mind when I look at pictures of an SS bumper. Some sort of cheek guards. LOL

I always thought the 6 banger/LT1 grill looks like a Jack o Lantern. The 2016-2018 SS grill looks the best of all!
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:10 AM   #137
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
I personally like the LT1 grill and the 2021 body style. The lack of a spoiler made it for me, I don't like the SS wing, the 1LE one is nice, but I don't need the 1LE goodies. The large single center hood vent looks pretty cool and infinitely more useful than the dual lightning stripe vents from 2016 or so.

That said, there isn't a bad looking camaro from the 6th generation. The 5th gen is still growing on me. I think overall the '94-97 camaro is peak modern (post 1980 or so) camaro.