Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 07-15-2021, 04:47 PM   #15
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586153
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #16
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
I broke the solenoid connector on my starter trying to put my headers back on. So I ordered a new starter it was only about 120 with shipping. But it is a new part number that replaced the old one. So hopefully this means they have made improvements to it. I didn't get a chance to compare the new and old one but they look similar from the outside. I don't really remember having the slow start issue, maybe it may have been a little slower under hear soak but not enough to where I would really notice it or get worried.

12691976 is the new starter part number.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:17 PM   #17
randypipe

Drives: Muscle
Bolt used for Starter Heat Soak

The Bolt on the far left is the original bolt that I backed out from the water pump housing The bolt in the middle (AutoZone #006060 is the bolt that was shown a few pages back as the replacement bolt to be used to attach the 21"ground wire I bought. I don't know whether the packaging was mismarked or what, but this bolt will not work since the threads do not extend all the way to the head of bolt. The far right bolt (Autozone #006050) is the bolt that I ended up successfully using today on my 1le. Being that it is only 35mm long you will only be able to fit a washer and one nut not two. for a second nut you will need 40mm length. Hopefully this will fix the slow starter when hot, only time will tell.
Attached Images

randypipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:56 PM   #18
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by juradvan View Post
Only perfectly tuned engine types with the carburetor or mechanical injection of the first generations without any electronics can be started from a half-turn.
And your point as it refers to this post? If you don't have a 2016 or 2017 Camaro with a LT1 V8 then you have not experienced what we mean when we say hot start - slow crank.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 06:42 PM   #19
Sephx1

Drives: 18 ZLE, 18 SS1LE, 16 SS, 23 ZL1
I was on the DIY Gen 5 site and saw they sell a ground cable to improve the ground between the body and engine specifically for this problem. I had some battery cable lying around so I made one about 16” long and grounded between the transmission catalytic converter brace and one of the threaded studs on the body up in the transmission tunnel. It did seem to help quite a bit. This is the weak link as the body is used to transfer the ground from the battery, whereas the positive has a cable all the way to the fuse box and starter cable.
Sephx1 is online now   Reply With Quote