Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-01-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
ScoobtotheNoog

Drives: Where to begin...
How much should the Supplier Pricing for Everyone Change my Deal?

Need a little help guys. Looks like I should save some more money now that employee pricing for everyone has hit this morning. I locked in my deal with deposit yesterday for my 1SS 1LE for $40k even. Since I can't get there for delivery until this weekend. We agreed that if the incentives went up my price would go down if the $1k incentive went away my price would go up.

My deal was based around supplier pricing and the $1k rebate. Then to get to $40k it was a dealer discount (hold back plus some I'm guessing). Now its my understanding the supplier is simply $200 over total invoice? Now the employee pricing discount on the car is $3,396. So I'm guessing my expectation should be an additional $2,396 off the car correct? Just trying to get a feel for the situation. Maybe someone who has used employee pricing before can chime in?
ScoobtotheNoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:18 AM   #2
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
I really want to know the answer to this question too... Does the dealer get a rebate back from GM to do the employee pricing? I would assume yes because I don't think dealers would sell at employee pricing to everyone and simply absorb the cost (I think employee pricing is Invoice - the 3% holdback). But I too would like to confirm whether the cash back went from 1,000 to whatever the Employee discount is on that particular model.

So for me I also get the supplier discount so is my walk in no negotiation price now supplier pricing less the employee discount?

OP I really hope you don't get screwed here because depending on the wording of your agreement I think the dealer can claim that there is no advertised cash back amount this month and you owe an extra 1,000 even though their getting a 2,400 DEALER rebate (ie not customer rebate) under the table from GM.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:15 PM   #3
JitteryJoe

Damn, I just looked again and I think the employee discount might only be on leftover 2020 models. That's nuts if they've pulled all discounts on the 2021 models while Dodge is offering a minimum of nearly 5K off Challengers and Ford a good 1,750-4,000 off Mustangs. I think Chevy is the only one selling 2021 models which is probably part of the issue.

Although it looks like they are still updating current incentives. The 287/mon lease deal just popped back up as being extended to 1/4/21 and that for sure wasn't there this AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:47 PM   #4
ScoobtotheNoog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
Damn, I just looked again and I think the employee discount might only be on leftover 2020 models. That's nuts if they've pulled all discounts on the 2021 models while Dodge is offering a minimum of nearly 5K off Challengers and Ford a good 1,750-4,000 off Mustangs. I think Chevy is the only one selling 2021 models which is probably part of the issue.

Although it looks like they are still updating current incentives. The 287/mon lease deal just popped back up as being extended to 1/4/21 and that for sure wasn't there this AM.

When I searched inventory on chevy's site this morning it showed employee pricing discounts on the 2021's.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:32 AM   #5
Big Surprise

Drives: NONE
I'm seeing the rebates removed from some models. 2021 ZR1's had a $1000 rebate, gone now..
Big Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:56 AM   #6
JitteryJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobtotheNoog View Post
When I searched inventory on chevy's site this morning it showed employee pricing discounts on the 2021's.

It defaults to 2020, are you sure you clicked over? What's your ZIP? It's also possible that the incentives could be different than me.

Edit: One of the dealers I'd been chatting with reached out to me today and did confirm that the 2021's show on their incentive sheet for the employee pricing.

Last edited by JitteryJoe; 12-02-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:10 PM   #7
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
Just my 2ct. My dealer called me this morning to say my 2021 2SS I ordered is ready to pick up and he said I got lucky gm is giving employee pricing on everything but the corvette. Which should knock off about 4 grand off the price. This was straight out of his mouth.
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:48 PM   #8
JitteryJoe

If they try to ding you the 1k I would definitely ask them to prove that their triple net cost is higher this month than it was in November when you make the deal or you're walking.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:55 PM   #9
Big Surprise

Drives: NONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WldchrySS View Post
Just my 2ct. My dealer called me this morning to say my 2021 2SS I ordered is ready to pick up and he said I got lucky gm is giving employee pricing on everything but the corvette. Which should knock off about 4 grand off the price. This was straight out of his mouth.
I went on the Chevy website. On the camaro its only the SS model. I built the ZR1 1LE that i have ordered. $77350 list now. It was 76350 in Nov. Still got $3400 off list but the extra $1000 would of been nice.

Last edited by Big Surprise; 12-02-2020 at 01:58 PM. Reason: mistake
Big Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #10
ScoobtotheNoog

Just got off the phone with my dealer. They said my price should have went up with the shift to employee and the 1k rebate going away, but they increased their dealer discount to keep my numbers the same...
Old 12-02-2020, 07:23 PM   #11
V4Magna

Drives: 21 SS 1LE, V4Magna, Yukon
Send a message via MSN to V4Magna
Question is if employee discount incentives ( on 2021 1LE is showing around $3400 ) is similar to $1000 cash back which expired ? if it is then it would be over and above any dealer discount. can anyone with dealer knowledge shed some light on this subject. Thanks !!
V4Magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:46 PM   #12
ScoobtotheNoog

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4Magna View Post
Question is if employee discount incentives ( on 2021 1LE is showing around $3400 ) is similar to $1000 cash back which expired ? if it is then it would be over and above any dealer discount. can anyone with dealer knowledge shed some light on this subject. Thanks !!
I've had the same thought but not sure what side of the fence it falls on. If its similar to a cash incentive, then my dealer hasn't really done me any favors...but hell at the end of the day, I still haven't found a single dealer that would get close to 40k flat...and trust me I've worked over MANY.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:43 PM   #13
V4Magna

Drives: 21 SS 1LE, V4Magna, Yukon
Send a message via MSN to V4Magna
Quote:
I've had the same thought but not sure what side of the fence it falls on. If its similar to a cash incentive, then my dealer hasn't really done me any favors...but hell at the end of the day, I still haven't found a single dealer that would get close to 40k flat...and trust me I've worked over MANY.
40k is an awesome deal on SS 1LE regardless how dealer puts the numbers together. I wish I could find one at this price. good luck with your purchase !
V4Magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:38 AM   #14
JitteryJoe

Quote:
Just got off the phone with my dealer. They said my price should have went up with the shift to employee and the 1k rebate going away, but they increased their dealer discount to keep my numbers the same...

Yeah this very likely means they are getting some sort of rebate on the back end from GM of at lease 1,000 if not more. What they've done is instead of making it a known rebate it's now and undisclosed one to the dealer. I'm glad the dealer did the right thing and at least honored the previous price.