Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

AWE Tuning

Old 04-04-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
Idyll
lost between two shores

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
North Texas Dealership Recommendations

I never thought this would happen, but I'm starting to think I'd like to swap my 2015 STI (E85) for a new 2SS 1LE. I made the mistake of renting a SS by accident (they were out of economy cars, which I had reserved), and I ended up being severely impressed by the end of the week!

However, I'm already dreading the Chevrolet dealership experience. Just yesterday I found this supplemental sticker on a Camaro at Huffines in Lewisville. Then I build the car I want on Chevrolet's web page and it shows an exact match at this same dealership. I hit the 'request a quote' button and get an email saying they have the car and come see it. I email back and ask them to confirm it's there, possibly with a picture, as I was there that morning and it was not there. They respond back that it had just sold that afternoon.

Anyway, if anyone from the North Texas area has recommendations on dealerships in dealing with 1LE's, I'd greatly appreciate the feedback.

Name:  Camaro Bedliner.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  111.1 KB
Idyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Stig View Post
I never thought this would happen, but I'm starting to think I'd like to swap my 2015 STI (E85) for a new 2SS 1LE. I made the mistake of renting a SS by accident (they were out of economy cars, which I had reserved), and I ended up being severely impressed by the end of the week!

However, I'm already dreading the Chevrolet dealership experience. Just yesterday I found this supplemental sticker on a Camaro at Huffines in Lewisville. Then I build the car I want on Chevrolet's web page and it shows an exact match at this same dealership. I hit the 'request a quote' button and get an email saying they have the car and come see it. I email back and ask them to confirm it's there, possibly with a picture, as I was there that morning and it was not there. They respond back that it had just sold that afternoon.

Anyway, if anyone from the North Texas area has recommendations on dealerships in dealing with 1LE's, I'd greatly appreciate the feedback.

You’re gonna want that bedliner though.

cars.com usually has a pretty up to date inventory from my experience.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #3
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
I was treated well by Brittain Chevrolet in Greenville. There is a guy on the forum that goes by Gearhead, and he usually has a good selection of 1LE's in stock.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #4
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
I was treated well by Brittain Chevrolet in Greenville. There is a guy on the forum that goes by Gearhead, and he usually has a good selection of 1LE's in stock.
I second this!! It’s where I bought my 1LE as well. I drove from San Antonio over their, had the deal done over the phone, got to the dealer at 0830 and was gone by 0900!!!
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #5
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I also bought my 1le from brittain in greenville.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:53 PM   #6
Gray50
Intentionally left blank.

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty
I bought my 2017 2SS Fifty CPO from Classic in Grapevine. They've treated me well so far.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:02 AM   #7
rjacobs

Drives: none
So many dealers in Dallas metroplex and surrounding areas.

I wouldnt recommend the dealership I went to, but I got a smoking hot deal on my ZL1 because the sales guy was my neighbor...but the overall experience was shitty and he knew it.

Classic seems to be hit or miss. They are a HUGE corvette dealer, but when I was looking had like 5 total Camaro's on the lot. Huffines also seems to be hit or miss.

I would probably go chat with the guy in Greenville from the forum.
rjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:40 AM   #8
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Stig, feel free to pm or email me. We have 15 1LEs in stock or in transit right now.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #9
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
I second this!! It’s where I bought my 1LE as well. I drove from San Antonio over their, had the deal done over the phone, got to the dealer at 0830 and was gone by 0900!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringtheory View Post
I also bought my 1le from brittain in greenville.
Thanks for the recommendations!
Old 04-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #10
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Me, too! Jeff at Britain has lots of 1LE's and should treat you well.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #11
Idyll
lost between two shores

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Stig, feel free to pm or email me. We have 15 1LEs in stock or in transit right now.
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Cars.com is a pretty cool site.

GearheadSS - I'll come see you when I get a few things squared away on my end. Look forward to meeting you!
Idyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:48 AM   #12
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Stig View Post
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Cars.com is a pretty cool site.

GearheadSS - I'll come see you when I get a few things squared away on my end. Look forward to meeting you!
Sounds good. Touch base with me when you're ready. I'm normally off on Saturdays so let me know if you want to come on a Saturday.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #13
Lemosine

Drives: 2016 M6 Hyper Blue 2SS
Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson Texas was amazing. They worked with me and I got my 2SS about 3k below invoice pretty much got all the bells and whistles at that time minus a sun roof for no extra charge, when you look at paper work and do the math. Also if your really desperate for some reason, they finance for 100+ months but in my opinion that is wayyy to long. But honestly make sure you have done your home work or the salesman will try to walk on you(with respect). Know what you want and be ready to walk out if they don't work with you. If they really want to sell you a car they will do all and what they can for you.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:49 PM   #14
Flexhorn

Drives: A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemosine View Post
Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson Texas was amazing. They worked with me and I got my 2SS about 3k below invoice pretty much got all the bells and whistles at that time minus a sun roof for no extra charge, when you look at paper work and do the math. Also if your really desperate for some reason, they finance for 100+ months but in my opinion that is wayyy to long. But honestly make sure you have done your home work or the salesman will try to walk on you(with respect). Know what you want and be ready to walk out if they don't work with you. If they really want to sell you a car they will do all and what they can for you.
I too got a good deal at Reliable with my ZL1.
Flexhorn is offline   Reply With Quote